Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeweldragona's Application

5 posters

Go down

Jeweldragona's Application Empty Jeweldragona's Application

Post  Jeweldragona 30/07/13, 06:47 pm

In-Game Name:  Jeweldragona

Your real name or age (Optional):  Please refer to me as JD, 43-Male

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?  Usual playing times are as follows:

• Monday thru Friday - Evenings (generally 6:30pm to 10pm)
  • Weekends – Around most of the day (generally 7am to 10pm)

*above times are CST

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application: JD has been in two other guilds, PENTAGON and Epilogue.  I am currently looking for another guild because in a MMORPG such as this, accomplishments are more easily attainable within an organized group versus individually.  Especially when said group trusts, believes, and works well together.  Past guild details as follows:

• PENTAGON – Joined PENTAGON shortly after I started playing Mabinogi.  Quickly worked my way up to become one of the best skilled players in the guild and helped fellow members complete G1-G3 (all that was out at the time).  Shortly thereafter I became the guild officer/co-leader.  Organized and led many of the guilds activities. When the guild was disbanded, I then formed Epilogue.
  • Epilogue – Formed at the urgings of several PENTAGON members of past and present at the time of the disbanding. Shortly after forming and getting organized, current members of Armsmaster decided to merge with us.  Guild slowly faded after I took a bit of a break and initially upon returning JD was locked out for a time as well.  I still reside in Epilogue which solely consists of my real life wife, my three daughters, my mother-in-law, and random array of inactive/quit players.

Why Dreams?: Quick and easy answer is: Why not?  Kidding aside, my reasons are as follows:
1) Dreams has been a long standing guild.  I have been playing since very shortly before G3 was released and have only been in two guilds. I am not interested in joining one of the many other guilds that gets created and fallen by the wayside after a short period of time.  I take great pride in my acquaintances and affiliations and do not enter upon such agreements lightly.
2) Loyalty, good friends, and respect. Many Dreams members both past and present have always spoke highly of the guild and the other members.  Yes, there has been an occasional difference, but this is true for the vast majority.
3) Capable, self sufficient members, and willing to work together.  Everyone is able to handle and take care of themselves, but is also aware when working as a team is more beneficial.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals): My two referrals are NAJEExx and momijikun360.  I have spoken to both about Dreams, along with the possibility of my application, to which I will inform them both I have now posted.

How long have you been playing?:  JD was the very first Mabinogi character I created and has been my main since slightly before the arrival of G3.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?:  For some reason I find this the most difficult question to answer.  Mabinogi is such a versatile game one can have many high ranked skills and accomplishments but they don't really mean much unless the person knows how to use that knowledge correctly.  Likewise, even a person of lower rank skills can prove more useful because they can handle themselves properly.  As far as my in game skills that are visible goes: Grandmaster Construct Alchemist, RA, willing to help others(providing they show some effort to help themselves), leadership skills, and currently working toward all Rank 1 or Mastered Fighter skills.

Any other information you would like for us to know: By the gaming world average, I am an old man, but will forever be young at heart.  I work well over 40 hours a week as a Sr. Electrical Engineer and use my gaming as a stress reliever/escape.  I enjoy playing with my entire family as well.

I appreciate your time and considerations, as well as all questions everyone has so we can get to know each other better.

Best Regards,
JD
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Jeweldragona's Application Empty Re: Jeweldragona's Application

Post  momijikun360 30/07/13, 07:44 pm

JD is totally awesome~ I've known him for over two years ~ish always has been there when i needed help doin anything really, he helped me a lot in my g9~g12 missions maybe even more but cant remebr exactly. He is simply an amazing player and a respected friend~

momijikun360

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 31/07/13, 05:45 pm

@momijikun360: Thank you momi!  I appreciate the time you took to post here as well.  Psst....I hope you're still taking good care of my favorite reindeer! Wink 

I have sent NAJEExx a note in game asking to post here separately in my application as well.  Leading me  to answer a question frequently asked of spouses, I would like my application and my wife's application(Whimsguy) to be treated totally separately.  We are applying as individuals and whatever decisions are made will be on that own persons accord.  No matter the outcome we still only sit 10 feet away from each other and will often work together in game, but we each have our own goals and training we do on our own as well.  We enjoy spending time together, along with our daughters when they play, but we are certainly not "attached at the hip".
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 01/08/13, 12:06 am

Hello JD and thank-you for applying to Dreams.

I find your dedication to your previous guilds very admirable and would like to give you a big thumbs up there.  Loyalty is a trait I believe to be fundamentally important in all relationships. My questions stem from mainly getting to know your personality better.

There have been times when newer members found it difficult to fit in at first.  How would you tackle this situation yourself as a new member?

If there was an alter cation between yourself and/or your spouse with another guild member how would you handle the situation?

We've had times in the past where the guild had several members leave at once thus leaving us with limited members online.  How would you deal with this situation?

That's all the questions I have for you.  Goodluck with your application!

*edit - made some space adjustments making it easier to read*
cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  NAJEExx 01/08/13, 02:16 pm

i am JD's second refferal. known Jd as long as whims and as i said about his wife i can say about him very hard worker no drama and a very nice person (even though he did laugh at me when momi turned me into a girl with pink hair. just playing).
NAJEExx
NAJEExx

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 01/08/13, 06:55 pm

Hello cassa,

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

cassa wrote:I find your dedication to your previous guilds very admirable and would like to give you a big thumbs up there.  Loyalty is a trait I believe to be fundamentally important in all relationships.

I sincerely appreciate the compliment.

cassa wrote:There have been times when newer members found it difficult to fit in at first.  How would you tackle this situation yourself as a new member?

First off, I'll start my answer by telling you a bit about myself.  While growing up in the US and attending school grades K-12 means a total of 13 years of school before college.  The average kid would go to an elementary school for K-6, a middle school for 7-8, and then high school for 9-12, for a grand total of 3 different schools attended.  When I was growing up, my family moved around a lot, which resulted in me attending 12 different schools during that time.  I have grown quite accustomed to meeting new people.  I can be quiet at first, but generally this is because I like to observe how others act and get to know their personalities first.  This doesn't stop me from interacting with people, however, and I can come up with a comment for almost anything.  Getting to know people can be awkward at times, but my head is full of useless tidbits that can keep communications going, and the more interaction, the easier it is to feel welcome.

cassa wrote:If there was an alter cation between yourself and/or your spouse with another guild member how would you handle the situation?

The key to this question depends entirely on your definition of an “altercation”.  I feel there are pretty much three separate categories you could split these into: 1) mild, 2) intermediate, and 3) malicious.

Once again to establish a background, my wife and I have been married for over 15 years, have been together for over 16 years.  No relationship/friendship goes without its share of altercations and, trust me, we have had our share along the way.  The key to solving anything is: 1) communication and 2) the desire for everyone involved to work things out.  If something arises between myself and one of my friends, or if its between my wife and one of her friends, or even either one of us and a mutual friend, its up to the individuals to solve their own issues.  Sure we will give each other advice, but we don't interfere with each others business either.

For the purpose of a “mild” altercation, I would define these as mostly miss communication issues. Generally speaking the individuals involved need to talk things out themselves and explain concisely what they meant.  Quite often nothing really amounts to anything in this category.

For the the purpose of an “intermediate” altercation, I would define this as even after each individual explains themselves, there is an overhanging resentment that needs to be resolved.  If severe enough, or if this lingers long enough, the best way to resolve this is to bring in a neutral party to help talk things through to both sides.  I would equate this to needing a marriage counselor.  In the case of the guild, the senior members should be the ones to help hear both sides and smooth away any speed bumps.

For the purpose of  a “malicious” altercation, I would define this as one person has taken the issue to an extreme and no one will be able to resolve the issue.  This would involve public harassment, personal attacks, and malignant rumor spreading.  If something of this nature occurred within a guild, I would expect the one that is doing the attacking and not trying to resolve the situation as someone that should be removed from the situation.  Of course, I am generalizing here, because the subject matter might also play a role in whats best for the guild, which would take precedence.  I do have to be honest though, and if anything ever got to this level and someone was attacking my wife in this manner and I knew her to be innocent, I would defend her.

cassa wrote:We've had times in the past where the guild had several members leave at once thus leaving us with limited members online.  How would you deal with this situation?

I am not a “sheeple”.  I don't follow others around just for the sake of that's what they are doing.  Whatever the reason that several members would leave at once is their reason, and has nothing to with me.  Being left with limited members online means those that stay get the opportunity to grow closer and form tighter bonds.  It can also spark the chance to be part of growing Dreams to even better heights and prove exactly what it means to be the character underneath the name.
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 01/08/13, 07:01 pm

@NAJEExx: Thank you for the referral. I appreciate your time to post here as well.

and....

Who couldn't laugh at that evil twisted plot we wove, that was just epic when you returned Twisted Evil 
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 03/08/13, 07:51 pm

Hello JD Welcome to application. I know your referrals well and take into consideration that they would refer good natured people and I am impressed with your application you seem up front and easy going.

It is easy to try to sell yourself in an app and most people like to look for the good and positive qualities, what I am curious about is- self awareness.

So if you don't mind sharing your thoughts, what would you say your strengths and weaknesses in game are- and as a person?

How do you overcome personal challenges and frustration in game- with others- and in life?

Do you recognize and accept your short comings or weaker areas and try to work at them or leave them alone entirely?

And for no reason at all specifically what is your worst habit? if you don't mind sharing- lol you don't have to answer this one as it isn't a overly-serious question hah.

Good Luck!
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 03/08/13, 09:43 pm

Hello Keo,

Thank you for your time and well thought out questions.

Keo wrote:So if you don't mind sharing your thoughts, what would you say your strengths and weaknesses in game are- and as a person?

In game:
Strengths- Use research and knowledge to fight strategically, rather then bull rushing into the unknown.  I keep a close eye on my CP, and what -CP gear I have to more effectively train skills.
Weaknesses- I suck at PVP, not a real big fan of it either. Wish I could spend more time to dedicate towards some life skills, but find I get disheartened at the slow progress.

Real life:
Strengths- Intelligent, fun, and easy to get along with.
Weaknesses- Explaining technical details in my job in layman's terms for everyone to understand.  I will occasionally over plan.

Keo wrote:How do you overcome personal challenges and frustration in game- with others- and in life?

In game: My biggest challenges and frustration in game is easily life skills.  I take two approaches to this: 1) a little here and there and not paying attention, or 2) will work towards getting items needed to spend a day/weekend spamming.

With others: My biggest challenge and frustration with others is ignorant people.  I often will try to help them and further educate them.  If communication fails and they refuse to listen or try, I often just ignore them then.

In life: By far, my biggest challenge and frustration is being the dad of three daughters, especially now that two of them are teenagers.  Boils down to a whole lot of patience, talking to them, and hope they listen to some of what I say at least.

Keo wrote:Do you recognize and accept your short comings or weaker areas and try to work at them or leave them alone entirely?

Quite honestly I am always trying to improve myself in all areas. At work, my technical skills, my communication skills, my parenting skills, and even with my marriage.  I don't think anyone should just idly sit by and do nothing.  It would be way to boring not to change.

Keo wrote:And for no reason at all specifically what is your worst habit? if you don't mind sharing- lol you don't have to answer this one as it isn't a overly-serious question hah.

My worst habit? Hmmm...annoying the hell out of my wife.  Playing the “Family Guy” clip – mum mum mummy.

I definitely have a wealth of bad habits, but I would say that is my worst right now.
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 04/08/13, 05:53 pm

Hello all,

Thought I would update my talent window!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 07/08/13, 06:36 am

Bueller....

Buelller....

Bueller......

geek https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 07/08/13, 10:40 pm

Jeweldragona, the members of the guild felt that you put a lot of effort into your application and appreciate it and see no drama or negativity around you and said you seem like a good addition to the guild, welcome to Dreams- apply at guildstone southwest corner outside of dunbarton.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down