Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandonsmall's re-application

+7
Shuyinn
cassa
Saintz
Younglink96
Dippi
Keo
Brandonsmall
11 posters

Go down

Brandonsmall's re-application Empty Brandonsmall's re-application

Post  Brandonsmall 26/06/14, 06:35 pm

In-Game Name:Brandonsmall

Your real name or age (Optional):Brandon, 19.

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've been lazy.

How active are you in game?:Daily for the time being.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application: Bliss(left because inactive), Conglomerate(left because inactive), Dreams(PEER PRESSURE ;__; ), Mugen(currently in, has been inactive for the past 3 months as far as I can tell).

Why Dreams?:I really liked it here before.

How long have you been playing?:6 years.

Any other information you would like for us to know:Without going into too much detail, I left because a group of friends who I had played with for 5 years convinced me we had to be in the same guild, but didn't think they'd pass for Dreams.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Brandonsmall's re-application Empty Re: Brandonsmall's re-application

Post  Keo 27/06/14, 06:49 pm

Brandon, It is nice to see you visit again. Thank you for wanting to request reapplication there is a lot of stuff to go over that people will need to find a ground of understanding with in this application though so I'll start it off.

1. Many people were taken back by your choice to leave to go to Mugen. A lot of people are in the dark as to your reasoning and feelings for this action, could you explain how you ended up leaving to join Mugen.

2. If you left Dreams before, how can someone be reassured that it isn't something that you would repeat and do again?
Some people are worried that if you get let back in you would just leave again if the circumstances were similar.

3 Say your friends or significant other want you to leave if you were to re-join, how would this affect your stay in the guild?

4. Would you please go into why you want to return to Dreams in a bit more detail.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 27/06/14, 11:37 pm

Keo wrote:Brandon, It is nice to see you visit again.  Thank you for wanting to request reapplication there is a lot of stuff to go over that people will need to find a ground of understanding with in this application though so I'll start it off.

1. Many people were taken back by your choice to leave to go to Mugen.  A lot of people are in the dark as to your reasoning and feelings for this action, could you explain how you ended up leaving to join Mugen.

2. If you left Dreams before, how can someone be reassured that it isn't something that you would repeat and do again?
Some people are worried that if you get let back in you would just leave again if the circumstances were similar.

3 Say your friends or significant other want you to leave if you were to re-join, how would this affect your stay in the guild?

4. Would you please go into why you want to return to Dreams in a bit more detail.
As said above, I ended up leaving for a group of friends who I had played with for a while. This wasn't really a one second decision, I took about a month to consider it. I have no other excuse for leaving.

I can't reassure anyone that, it would probably take a lot more to convince me to leave, but I can't guarantee I wouldn't under no circumstances.

I can say at the time it wouldn't affect me much, but when i'm drooling over someone, I can't say for sure. I'd like to think I've learned a lesson though.

again, I liked it here. There was no drama, everyone was nice to an extent. I apologize for the lack of detail!

Also I completely understand if people don't want me back, I'M LIKE AN EX ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 27/06/14, 11:41 pm

Brandonsmall wrote:
Keo wrote:Brandon, It is nice to see you visit again.  Thank you for wanting to request reapplication there is a lot of stuff to go over that people will need to find a ground of understanding with in this application though so I'll start it off.

1. Many people were taken back by your choice to leave to go to Mugen.  A lot of people are in the dark as to your reasoning and feelings for this action, could you explain how you ended up leaving to join Mugen.

As said above, I ended up leaving for a group of friends who I had played with for a while. This wasn't really a one second decision, I took about a month to consider it. I have no other excuse for leaving.

I can't reassure anyone that, it would probably take a lot more to convince me to leave, but I can't guarantee I wouldn't under no circumstances.

I can say at the time it wouldn't affect me much, but when i'm drooling over someone, I can't say for sure. I'd like to think I've learned a lesson though.

again, I liked it here. There was no drama, everyone was nice to an extent. I apologize for the lack of detail!

Also I completely understand if people don't want me back, I'M LIKE AN EX ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS.
to add because I don't see an edit button, I felt pretty torn/bad about leaving, which is why I did it quietly and only told you.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippi 28/06/14, 02:05 pm

I very much enjoyed Brandon being in the guild. I very much hope to see him in again!
Goodluck on your app Brandonn~
Dippi
Dippi

Back to top Go down

Post  Younglink96 29/06/14, 02:49 am

'IM LIKE AN EX ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS."  
I would of said: Shoot yourself in the foot more why don't you, but it seems like you just stepped on a landmine and blew them both off.

Your loyalty and trust are questioned. To put it in perspective, Dreams isnt that one ex who will always take you no matter what you do. Its the one that got away. Lol.

Accepting you the first time was pretty much a coin flip, what do you think the end decision of this application will be, honestly?

You seem like the person who gets attached easily, no offense. Its not a bad thing.

Lets say, your significant other joins the guild, and you guys break up, would you still stay in the guild?

How long were you in Mugen?

P.S Just because you skip the referral question doesn't mean you dont need it ;p

Younglink96

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 29/06/14, 01:06 pm

Younglink96 wrote:'IM LIKE AN EX ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS."  
I would of said: Shoot yourself in the foot more why don't you, but it seems like you just stepped on a landmine and blew them both off.

Your loyalty and trust are questioned. To put it in perspective, Dreams isnt that one ex who will always take you no matter what you do. Its the one that got away. Lol.

Accepting you the first time was pretty much a coin flip, what do you think the end decision of this application will be, honestly?

You seem like the person who gets attached easily, no offense. Its not a bad thing.

Lets say, your significant other joins the guild, and you guys break up, would you still stay in the guild?

How long were you in Mugen?  

P.S Just because you skip the referral question doesn't mean you dont need it ;p
It's worth a try.

I dunno though, if you call being attached to someone who you had hung out with everyday for 5 years easily, then okay we're on the same page.

Yes, I don't do /bad/ breakups.

7 months?

Keo told me to skip the referral question, because I'm reapplying. If it makes you happy though, I'm sure Keo and Dippi would refer me.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Saintz 29/06/14, 02:32 pm

I vote yes, I speak and decide for all therefore my decision is final. welcome back.

Saintz

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 30/06/14, 02:01 am

Hi Brandonsmall, thanks for applying!

What's your opinion on second chances?

Do you feel you've earned yours based on what's in your application so far?

That's all I have to ask. Thanks and goodluck!
cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 30/06/14, 06:27 pm

cassa wrote:Hi Brandonsmall, thanks for applying!

What's your opinion on second chances?

Do you feel you've earned yours based on what's in your application so far?

That's all I have to ask.  Thanks and goodluck!
I used to believe firmly in giving second chances, but after multiple bad experiences on the matter, I have became a skeptic.

No, I don't really feel I've done anything to earn a second chance, and I'm not sure how to go about doing so.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyinn 30/06/14, 08:17 pm

So in your application it seems you don't like staying in inactive guilds, What if we were to all go on some form of hiatus for months on end. Would you leave us again? Thanks for re-applying.

P.S. if i say anything mean im just drilling you dawg
Shuyinn
Shuyinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 30/06/14, 11:32 pm

Shuyinn wrote:So in your application it seems you don't like staying in inactive guilds, What if we were to all go on some form of hiatus for months on end. Would you leave us again? Thanks for re-applying.

P.S. if i say anything mean im just drilling you dawg
If I completely lost contact with all members for let's say over 6 months, it's a possibility. See with Mugen, I don't reallly know anyone in the guild except the group of friends who wanted me to join, I never really met any of the other members and it seems pointless to stay with that in mind + the no activity now. I was in Bliss for around 2 years after it went inactive, and Conglo for one, until the leader was changed and I lost contact with Clov.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 01/07/14, 03:48 am

Brandon, I do know the struggle you had with the choice about leaving and I did not make you feel bad for doing so and had advised you then that coming back would be difficult if you ever chose to. I'm glad we are here and you are sitting on the end that would like to return but I am worried that if you were to come back that you might be faced with a similar situation.

Much as you have made bonds with others people in our guild feel the same way towards you and I'm sure that there were a few people taken back by what seemed like a sudden change when you had left the guild.

So use some details give us a break down or just put it all out on the table from applying to dreams, joining and leaving and really let us know, why you want or deserve to be back here. Because right now what I'm seeing is... well you know why, and I can't say, but those things happened and it was with people I knew for 5 years, and here I am.

Break it down for us Brandon.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 01/07/14, 01:13 pm

Hello, Brandon:

I understand if your short and blunt responses are meant to be simple and to the point - however I'm getting a vibe that your responses don't accurately reflect how eager and willing you are to come back into Dreams.

Now I don't know you as a person - perhaps you're just someone who likes to get to the point, but understand that this kind of attitude is often interpreted as being rude and distant.

That being said, if this application were to be denied, would you hold some kind of, and humor me here, "grudge" on our members? Or would you further continue a healthy relationship with our members regardless of this application's results?

Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 01/07/14, 01:29 pm

Keo wrote:Brandon, I do know the struggle you had with the choice about leaving and I did not make you feel bad for doing so and had advised you then that coming back would be difficult if you ever chose to.  I'm glad we are here and you are sitting on the end that would like to return but I am worried that if you were to come back that you might be faced with a similar situation.

Much as you have made bonds with others people in our guild feel the same way towards you and I'm sure that there were a few people taken back by what seemed like a sudden change when you had left the guild.

So use some details give us a break down or just put it all out on the table from applying to dreams, joining and leaving and really let us know, why you want or deserve to be back here. Because right now what I'm seeing is... well you know why, and I can't say, but those things happened and it was with people I knew for 5 years, and here I am.

Break it down for us Brandon.
Applying... well, I had felt like applying for a while, but I didn't see it going anywhere, because as I said in my first app, Kuroban/takk hated my guts, but Mike convinced me to apply anyways if I wanted to. Throughout the application process I felt nervous as fuck, much as I do now. I didn't have many reasons for wanting to join, other than Mike and Keo were here, and I wanted somewhere new/family-like(as Bliss was to me), because I missed how Mabi used to feel. to add, I also had a lot going on in real life at that time, which is why I couldn't actually apply at the stone until 2 weeks after my app was accepted, so I was a bit distracted throughout the process.

Joining, I was surprised when my application was accepted, I had major doubts especially with some people being 200% against it. Also surprised to see that Mike had left a day before I got in, over Ita stealing all experience from field bosses apparently. after a while though(actually I might just not have been on much), everyone was nice and it was pretty active and I really liked the people.

Leaving was hard for me, and I tried very hard to explain to my friends why I didn't want to, they didn't really care and just pressured more over time. In a moment of weakness, and after consideration for about a month, I broke. I'm not one to blame others for my actions, I'm just being as honest as I can with why I left. I felt regret because honestly that was the only reason I had for leaving, also the only reason I had for joining Mugen, which isn't a very good reason both ways. I say group of friends, when in actuality it was only 2 people, because I don't feel comfortable putting their names on the spot for reasons/going into any detail about them.

to clarify, I don't expect to be accepted back in, as Keo told me it wouldn't be easy if I were to attempt rejoining. I just think that missing it here validated me trying. I apologize if I came off in any way as cocky and or confident about my application.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 01/07/14, 01:32 pm

Roxxaz wrote:Hello, Brandon:

I understand if your short and blunt responses are meant to be simple and to the point - however I'm getting a vibe that your responses don't accurately reflect how eager and willing you are to come back into Dreams.

Now I don't know you as a person - perhaps you're just someone who likes to get to the point, but understand that this kind of attitude is often interpreted as being rude and distant.

That being said, if this application were to be denied, would you hold some kind of, and humor me here, "grudge" on our members? Or would you further continue a healthy relationship with our members regardless of this application's results?

I apologize for the short/blunt responses, I'm not trying to come off as rude. I'm not good with accurately conveying how I feel, so I may not seem eager/willing, but I am.

No, as I said, I didn't reapply thinking i'd be accepted, just with slight hope. Holding a grudge against any member for the result of my actions would be pretty dumb in my opinion.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 03/07/14, 06:58 am

Hello again Brandon,

I'm going to start off by making a few statements here.  I am fairly neutral at the moment, but would like to give you a fair chance at explaining yourself more clearly.

When you left Dreams, initially most were unclear as to why or what happen.  After seeing you in game, things became obvious as to the why, but in many eyes this appeared spontaneous.  This combined with the fact that you did not leave a note on the forum stating your intentions, gave the bit of appearance that you were tucking your tail and running.  After the fact, there has come out that this was a struggle for a while.

Why did you not talk about things with others in guild more?

We are a bit of a tight knit family as you are aware, if more people were aware of what was going on, or even able to talk about things with you, perhaps there would have been a better understanding.  I know I am a bit older and wiser(oh so I would like to believe), but in my experience being "forced" to do things against your better judgement is never a wise choice.  Especially in relationships, the other person should never leave you in a situation where you have no free will.  I can also understand the desire to be close to someone you care about, but without opening up a bit and talking things through to everyone involved, those that don't get to be talked to end up feeling a bit left out and unimportant.

I know you are a quieter person, and leave very concise answers, but to some extent people really want to hear more from you on a more personal note, as this is such a personal issue.  We want to know who Brandon is.  On that note, my main question is this:

After reading my post, and considering what I have stated, take your time to look inside yourself, and explain in more details about how you personally feel and express what changes this entire scenario has brought about to yourself personally.  What did you learn?  Honestly deep down inside how has this effected you and how do you expect things might go forward?  How do you feel this made you grow personally?

~JD
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 03/07/14, 12:48 pm

Jeweldragona wrote:Hello again Brandon,

I'm going to start off by making a few statements here.  I am fairly neutral at the moment, but would like to give you a fair chance at explaining yourself more clearly.

When you left Dreams, initially most were unclear as to why or what happen.  After seeing you in game, things became obvious as to the why, but in many eyes this appeared spontaneous.  This combined with the fact that you did not leave a note on the forum stating your intentions, gave the bit of appearance that you were tucking your tail and running.  After the fact, there has come out that this was a struggle for a while.

We are a bit of a tight knit family as you are aware, if more people were aware of what was going on, or even able to talk about things with you, perhaps there would have been a better understanding.  I know I am a bit older and wiser(oh so I would like to believe), but in my experience being "forced" to do things against your better judgement is never a wise choice.  Especially in relationships, the other person should never leave you in a situation where you have no free will.  I can also understand the desire to be close to someone you care about, but without opening up a bit and talking things through to everyone involved, those that don't get to be talked to end up feeling a bit left out and unimportant.

I know you are a quieter person, and leave very concise answers, but to some extent people really want to hear more from you on a more personal note, as this is such a personal issue.  We want to know who Brandon is.  On that note, my main question is this:

After reading my post, and considering what I have stated, take your time to look inside yourself, and explain in more details about how you personally feel and express what changes this entire scenario has brought about to yourself personally.  What did you learn?  Honestly deep down inside how has this effected you and how do you expect things might go forward?  How do you feel this made you grow personally?

~JD
I think it's clear that I am not very good with goodbyes, and as I said before, I felt pretty bad for leaving. Besides not having a very good reason/leaving somewhere I didn't want to, Keo had vouched for me pretty hard on my first app, I thought going about it quietly/just talking it over with her would be best at the time. I agree I could have and should have gone about it better. Actually, it was pretty selfish. I think the main reason I didn't go over it with anyone else was because I would have felt worse about leaving.

I wasn't forced, I definitely had more than one option. though at the time my feelings combined with someone begging/guilt tripping me, made it so I felt like I had little choice.

With a clearer state of mind, I feel pretty dumb leaving for the reasons I had. I've learned to not act entirely on emotions, and give things more thought as far as long-term goes. I'm not sure how I've grown from this experience, other than I'm not going to abandon ship despite my better judgement, simply because someone I liked said so without any consideration to how I felt on the matter.

I know I'm still not going into much detail, and I owe your question a better response, but my mind is a bit clouded right now. I apologize.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 03/07/14, 01:04 pm

Brandonsmall wrote:
Jeweldragona wrote:Hello again Brandon,

~JD
I think it's clear that I am not very good with goodbyes, and as I said before, I felt pretty bad for leaving. Besides not having a very good reason/leaving somewhere I didn't want to, Keo had vouched for me pretty hard on my first app, I thought going about it quietly/just talking it over with her would be best at the time. I agree I could have and should have gone about it better. Actually, it was pretty selfish. I think the main reason I didn't go over it with anyone else was because I would have felt worse about leaving.

I wasn't forced, I definitely had more than one option. though at the time my feelings combined with someone begging/guilt tripping me, made it so I felt like I had little choice.

With a clearer state of mind, I feel pretty dumb leaving for the reasons I had. I've learned to not act entirely on emotions, and give things more thought as far as long-term goes. I'm not sure how I've grown from this experience, other than I'm not going to abandon ship despite my better judgement, simply because someone I liked said so without any consideration to how I felt on the matter.

I know I'm still not going into much detail, and I owe your question a better response, but my mind is a bit clouded right now. I apologize.
Also I know it's contradicting to say clearer, then clouded, but it's currently clouded for different reasons, and I'm not overrun by emotions.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 03/07/14, 05:02 pm

Thank you for your responses Brandon.

You have provided more of an insight and I can respect that.

Good luck on your application.

~JD
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 04/07/14, 03:58 pm

Hello Brandon! First off, I would just like to wish you luck on your reapplying to the guild. I was not apart of the guild during your stay with Dreams, so I did not have opportunity to get to know you nor was I here to see you leave. Hope to hear a bit more from you.

For now the only question Id like to ask is this: From reading what other members have said about you, you easily get attached. You said there were two members in particular from Mugen that you had spent considerable amount of time with, that pressured you into leaving the guild, to join theirs. This being the case, were you no longer spending time with the guild members, or enough time to still have close bonds with them? If this was the case, do you plan on reforming bonds with members that are stronger than that of ones outside the guild, to avoid having another situation like this arise again?

Thats all for now! Best of luck.

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  Brandonsmall 05/07/14, 01:30 am

chance53 wrote:Hello Brandon! First off, I would just like to wish you luck on your reapplying to the guild. I was not apart of the guild during your stay with Dreams, so I did not have opportunity to get to know you nor was I here to see you leave. Hope to hear a bit more from you.

For now the only question Id like to ask is this: From reading what other members have said about you, you easily get attached. You said there were two members in particular from Mugen that you had spent considerable amount of time with, that pressured you into leaving the guild, to join theirs. This being the case, were you no longer spending time with the guild members, or enough time to still have close bonds with them? If this was the case, do you plan on reforming bonds with members that are stronger than that of ones outside the guild, to avoid having another situation like this arise again?

Thats all for now! Best of luck.
I'd just like to restate that I don't consider myself someone to get attached EASILY. As I said in my other posts, I don't see myself leaving for the same reasons, if the situation were ever to arise. I don't think my bonds had weakened prior to leaving, I don't think I had very strong bonds except for with Keo, which is no one's fault but my own, it usually takes me a while to get close or form strong bonds. If I were to rejoin, I'd like to... eventually.
Brandonsmall
Brandonsmall

Back to top Go down

Post  aurkus 06/07/14, 06:48 am

Hello Brandonsmall!

After talking to our officer and guild leader, I have come to a decision. Long time ago I also left Dreams and reapplied like 7 months after, by that time Casian was our guild leader. After rejoining Casian told me welcome back but please never leave again since I believe in second chances and this is your last. After talking to Keomio since she is the one that knows you the most, she also believes in second chances as I do, therefore you have been  

ACCEPTED  

However, what Casian told me is going to apply to you too, if you ever leave again you won't be accepted again.

Re-Welcome to DREAMS! Apply at Guild Stone located southwest outside Dunbarton.
Your account will be on probationary period.
aurkus
aurkus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum