Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zincathon's app owo

+4
Whimsguy
Keo
Roxxaz
Tairiku
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zincathon's app owo Empty Zincathon's app owo

Post  Zincathon 29/11/14, 11:35 am

In-Game Name:
Zincathon

Your real name or age (Optional):
Ben, 18 #realcanadian

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How active are you in game?:
Just came back from a 1 month break. Unless I'm working, I'm online.

Joined any previous guilds?
Undead (left cuz most of the guild was alts).
I am currently in Wings. Was a senior in Wings for about 3 months.

Why Dreams?:
I really like how highly respected the Dreams guild is. Everyone here seems very professional and family-like.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals):
Brandonsmall

How long have you been playing?: For 5 years.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?:
Graduated Highschool
Apparently I make great cat noises x3
Broke my staff a while ago Q_Q Replaced it with S6 R1 3 lined Taunes hehe.

Any other information you would like for us to know:
The Golden Rule is the best rule. That being said I do not hold grudges. I enjoy participating in duels, however I would not say I am experienced in pvp.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Zincathon's app owo Empty Re: Zincathon's app owo

Post  Jeweldragona 29/11/14, 05:00 pm

Zincathon,

Welcome to the Dreams application process.

I'll start off with a few quick questions to get things started.

1) What's your greatest attribute that you can bring with you?

2) What do you feel is your weakest attribute?

3) How does your character in game reflect on your true self?

~JD
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 29/11/14, 06:09 pm

Jeweldragona wrote:Zincathon,

Welcome to the Dreams application process.

I'll start off with a few quick questions to get things started.

1) What's your greatest attribute that you can bring with you?

2) What do you feel is your weakest attribute?

3) How does your character in game reflect on your true self?

~JD

1) Teamwork and cooperation when in combat. I am also very active and like to talk.
2) My chat can contain a somewhat overly vulgar sense of humor. Of course, if asked or told that it is too much I will adjust accordingly.
3) My character is all about fashion in his own unique way. I have followed the fashion trends in the past (muffler robes, nuadha robes, hebona robes etc.), however I have also come to collect several unique outfits of my own. Also I interest myself in the mystical yet technical arts such as magic and gunner.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tairiku 29/11/14, 06:55 pm

Hello Zincathon,

Welcome to the Dreams Application process! I'm curious as to your fighting style. So, that'll be related in regards to my first question: How flexable are you combatantly? Do you feel that you'd adapt well if taken outside your comfort zone?

Also perhaps you could elaborate as to your personality? You were fairly vague in many aspects so I'd just like to know a bit more in regards to whom I'm dealing with. If it's ok with you of course.

Tairiku

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 29/11/14, 06:55 pm

Hello Zincathon, welcome to the application.

Are you able to motivate/entertain yourself without others around?

I ask this as our members also have school/work/can get busy irl, though we are mostly busy there can be down times and afk moments.

Good Luck.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 29/11/14, 07:09 pm

@Tairiku

Yes I am very experienced in every type of combat. I have done raids, MA, Lord Missions, and daily dungeons. As for skills, I am experienced in everything except Lancer (cuz I'm an elf hehe). Not exactly sure what would be considered out of my comfort zone since I have done all of the generation quests and have at least attempted most other combat instances.

As for personality, I am into fashion and creativity. In real life I am a musician, avid video game player, somewhat of an artist, and a dog kennel worker while I'm on my year off. I absolutely LOVE animals and I hope to have a job around them in my future. Hence why I have fox ears on my characters ^_^

@Keo

Absolutely. I almost always have things to do in mabi without the need of others input/help. I say almost always because I like to take breaks and play some music in dunbarton. All this being said, I love to be with people as well. Music, dungeons, casual talking, I love to participate in all of that too.

Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 30/11/14, 06:59 am

Greetings,

Optional questions/commentary
Can you elaborate a bit on your 'Musician' skills from real life?
'somewhat' of an artist. Why not just 'I'm an artist' ? elaborate please.
What type of art, and what content?
mono or poly chromatic...which do you prefer if a choice is warranted?

Game Related
What is your favorite thing/mission/task to do in Mabi regularly?
How dose gaming effect your real life, and how dose real life effect your gaming?
What's your favorite color(s) in game and IRL if they differ and why?
What is your general take on the market economy in game?

Thank you,
Whims

Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 30/11/14, 08:22 am

My music skills start from when I was age 6/7, learning how to play piano. From there, as soon as I started junior high I took up the trombone. At the end of junior high I recieved a band award for having the highest mark in the class. Since then I have played trombone for 6 years and have covered conventional band music, jazz music, orchestral music, and I participated in the "Legally Blonde" pit band as the only trombone. I was also in an all male choir, a mixed choir, and I can sing freely at work almost everyday.
I say somewhat of an artist because I lack the skill (for now) to draw straight from my mind. I am an expert at freehand copying, but when it comes to true creativity, I still struggle a bit. I usually draw anime/video game characters. I also drew some very life-like "tattoos" during my grade 12 highschool year (ball point pen). I can share some of my art when I get home from work if you would like to see Smile Also definetley monochromatic. Never done too much with color.

If I'm not training skills or grinding ap, I like to casually run sm's/dungeons. This means that I basically go to tara alter, then tail, then avon, to see if anyone is doing anything fun. If not then I go play some music in dunbarton or work on a new weapon/armor.
Gaming takes up a lot of my time in my life, but since I don't have tests/homework anymore, it is a lot more manageable. The only times I am away from my computer are work, family related business, or hanging out with a friend. I don't usually hang out with my irl friends anymore because my family recently moved out of the city to a very nice acreadge.
Both in and out of game, I love the colors black and white. Such a controversy between the two yet they look so good together.
Gonna be honest here, some of it is kinda ridiculous. However some of it is not. Gacha items are incredibly pricey, where as other good but not new items are cheap. I am not a merchant or anything so I just get what I need and get on with my day.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 30/11/14, 08:25 am

Aaaand that's what I was afraid of. My apologies for the double post. My ipad said I could modify my post. Guess not Razz The difference between the two posts is that one says that I was in an all male choir, a mixed choir, and I sing at work almost everyday.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 30/11/14, 10:15 am

I'd like you to elaborate a bit more on teamwork and combat. I have been around awhile, and no offense, but I have seen a lot of "mages" that know nothing of the skill set and working with others.

Then I'd also like to ask you the same thing I asked Tedders, and that being what would you do or feel if only one of you got accepted.
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 30/11/14, 10:26 am

Jeweldragona wrote:I'd like you to elaborate a bit more on teamwork and combat.  I have been around awhile, and no offense, but I have seen a lot of "mages" that know nothing of the skill set and working with others.

Then I'd also like to ask you the same thing I asked Tedders, and that being what would you do or feel if only one of you got accepted.

Well for maging specifically, I know how annoying it is to have my thunder stopped, just as I can be annoying with a room-wide icespear. I try to time these skills to the best of my abilities to fit my teams fighting style.

As for my other skills, I am a party healer/support (I have all the magic shields hotkeyed) and I am good at peeling for the damagers of the party. My melee combat is all rank 1, however still slightly week due to racial differences. My gunner however is coming along very niceley for damage and speed. Finally, I know very well how to work around the knockback meter. This involves blazing during MA and the sort.

Ted and I are just besties Razz Whether he is in the guild or not won't matter to me.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 30/11/14, 12:28 pm

Hello Zincathon:

I recall an incident back in the day when you still had your Hailstorm Staff. I was well aware your damage with Hailstorm could do some significant damage because of your reforges, however I recall a player asking you to stop Hailstorming because he/she wanted to Puppet combo.

You then proceeded to almost scoff at this player claiming your Hailstorm damage could out damage any of the Puppet damage, and although that may have been true, it seemed extremely offensive when you said it. I believe it was during M.A. and this caused you from being expelled from the party.

Dreams members are humble people. We do not brag about our damage, we do not tell other players that their damage is inferior, and most of all we represent our family with pride.

Wearing the Dreams title above your characters head is a privilege, and if accepted one must adapt to that lifestyle. We help those who are weaker than us, and we respect those who are stronger.

If this incident would happen again, how would you handle this differently than it did?

I wish you luck on the rest of the application process and I thank you for thorough answers.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 30/11/14, 01:19 pm

I think you may be remembering that incorrectly, however let me explain. I have made a small amount of enemies in the past and the vast majority have been from MA. While I am competetive with damage, I know I had a good reason to return fire.

I most likely was hailstorming the blazer if anything. I would never deliberatley troll someone (the puppeteer) out of a combo. I remember my hailstorm damage sometimes exceeding my blaze and others blaze damage, especially at ma rounds 1-4. I am fairly sure that the only time I ever insulted a puppeteers damage was when it was a friend of mine. Of course in a friend-to-friend joking manner. Anyways, I am sure that it wasn't the puppeteer I was insulting, but the blazer. Which by the way I don't start fights directly. The blazer at the time had to have said something first. Pupeeter combo > my hailstorm > round end. No need for a blazer. I probably did say some unneeded things but everyone does now and then. If you happen to remember the name, that would also explain a lot of conflict. True I did argue and have been kicked from a small amount of parties, but I am not one for starting arguments.

If this happened again I would politley insist hailstorming until my hailstorm could no longer one hit the round with the puppeteer's combo. If they were still being ridiculous and insisted of blazing, then I would suggest to them not being so stubborn, leave, then make my own party. The key of MA is speed afterall.

As for the Dreams title above my head, I would respect it like any other Dreams member would. Helping those in need and supporting the strong while giving a off a good vibe to the others around me.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 30/11/14, 02:29 pm

Zincathon wrote:If this happened again I would politley insist hailstorming until my hailstorm could no longer one hit the round with the puppeteer's combo. If they were still being ridiculous and insisted of blazing, then I would suggest to them not being so stubborn, leave, then make my own party. The key of MA is speed afterall.

And if they politely insisted that you didn't then what would you do as that would still have you in the same conflict?

Some people will disagree with you as blaze is very efficient and quick as well.  But you would leave if they insisted on blazing and would consider them the stubborn ones.

Wouldn't you be as stubborn for not wanting to put away your hailstorm?
How do you work together with people who disagree with you?

I can say for a fact that most Dreams MA runs are puppet/blaze combo.

In dreams we do appreciate one's own skill set but in runs we like to try to compliment each other and work together.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 30/11/14, 03:07 pm

I think that came out wrong. I would leave out of want for no further conflict. Not because they or I are stubborn. Also in terms of speed, hailstorm is faster than blaze if both can one hit a wave. Crisis > Hailstorm > Done vs. Crisis > Act 4/Act 7 > Blaze > Done. There is more than enough time to fantastic chorus>enduring melody*> Hailstorm and have 5 charges by the time the npc's spawn. *optional because of party skill sets.

Alas as roxxas mentioned in the above post, I do not have my staff anymore. I mentioned I was going gunner and that I had an S6 Taunes. I also have an S6 Savage Fire Wand that I use when gunner is not ideal. I did not use only hailstorm during MA. I used hailstorm when I was bored of the routine puppet/blaze. I have a few friends who will message me because they know I know how to blaze combo and that I have great damage with it.

As for putting away my hailstorm, 1. Not a problem anymore (r.i.p staff) and 2. I wouldn't be stubborn because the combo works the same way and provides essentially the same knockback. If someone arugued beyond that point I would just say "Mk" and move on.

Lastly, If someone does not agree with me or vice versa, I will try my best to use logic and reasoning to explain the situation. If no solution can be reached by either me or the other person, then as said above, I will just move on and forget about it. Opinions don't always go hand-in-hand.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 30/11/14, 05:28 pm

I would love to see some of your art, please post it in general chat/discussion tab as these were optional and are not a consideration for applicant qualifications.
Thank you for your responses.

Whims
Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 30/11/14, 05:31 pm

Sorry but I put it in the multi-media section. Saw some other art there and figured that's where it should go Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesliie 01/12/14, 12:27 am

Hi Zin

Did you have a different character you used to play on or was this your first character you created?
Lesliie
Lesliie

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 01/12/14, 06:49 am

Zincathon is from an elite hero character card. The character I used to play on was a female named "Alchemisst". I only play on Zincathon now though.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  WICKEDTONY 01/12/14, 01:21 pm

Oh works as dog kennel pooper scooper I have one questions the question is......Do dogs like you?
WICKEDTONY
WICKEDTONY

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 01/12/14, 01:26 pm

I do more than poop and scoop... but that's definetley a part of it. I've been bit by a few male-fearing dogs (yes dogs can tell gender), but for the most part the dogs love me. I've even teared up when a few have left haha. Just this morning one of my favorites left. King Cavalier Spaniel named Hurlee. Most adorable little puppy I've seen :3
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  WICKEDTONY 01/12/14, 01:39 pm

I too was a pooper scooper/Medical Manager for the humane society here in my town for 5 yrs but I left to due to new director couldnt stand working with her.

And yes They can tell gender Im aware of that Razz Good luck on your app!
WICKEDTONY
WICKEDTONY

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 01/12/14, 02:34 pm

I can relate to where you're coming from. I've thought about leaving due to the owner's poor caretaking of the animals :/ I say animals becuase we also have cats, lizards, a pig lol, and rabbits.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 01/12/14, 05:57 pm

I am going to throw 3 words out there and would like you to elaborate on each, what they mean to you, how you think they reflect on you, and what you would change or work on to improve yourself. How would you deal with each in a guild situation, in game, and real life?

1) Drama

2) Hot headed

3) Patience

~JD
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 01/12/14, 06:48 pm

Jeweldragona wrote:1) Drama

2) Hot headed

3) Patience

Ouch xD

1) Drama. Ohhhhhhh drama. I have had my share of drama. If someone were to come up to me right now, in-game or in real life, with a secret or a slip of the tongue by somebody else, I would listen to it, forget it, and go about my daily life. I try to stay away from drama because it is not a necessary part of life. It is created by human temptations to spread secrets, humiliation, and lies. I do NONE of this. However, I don't think that's why you brought that word up. Although a few previous posts may indicate that I have my fair share of jealousy or cockiness, I really do try to stay level headed with what is. In a guild situation full of drama, such as the recently spoken about drama between visions and dreams, I would have no part of. Camping, merchanting, outleveling, outdamaging, I don't care much for it. As to not give the wrong impression or cause confusion, let me clear that up specifically for the damage part. The only times I will compare damage with someone, is if 1. they are my friend, 2. they bring up the conversation first, or 3. the person's damage is less than sufficient for a battle. As humble and generous as one may be, I doubt you will want to be letting 7 lvl 500's into your sulfur spider elite mission.

2) Being hot headed can have 2 meanings. Hot headed can mean that one gets angry very quickly and often, or it can mean someone who gloats about everything they do. Both characteristics can be difficult to deal with. Personally I like to have attention, as does everyone else. If I work hard on something I expect it to be recognized. I would not consider that statement hot headed however. Everyone needs recognition for their accomplishments. I do do random acts of kindness occasionally and expect nothing in return, so I know I'm not completely over the wall on this one. In a guild situation? I would expect that when anyone in the guild works hard on something, gratitude and recognition should be given. If no recognition is given, then the person who worked hard loses hope in the people around him/her and stops trying to impress.

3) Patience is what brings the body and reality in alignment. If reality pressure the body, the body must take a deep breath and think clearly about the bodies next decision. If the body pressures reality, the body still has to take a breath realize what is at risk and/or what is happening to the objects and people around him/her.
Point being, I really like the word patience in real life. I have a very firm grasp on the definition of patience in real life. Many people have told me this. However, now that the question arises, I don't think I can say the same thing for the online me. I do not think like I do in real life, in-game. There isn't much more I can say on this because of the sudden realization, other than I will actively think about patience in my online persona as I do in real life.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum