Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hessim's Application

+4
Toshimitsu
Kostacious
INocturne
Hessim
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hessim's Application Empty Hessim's Application

Post  Hessim 29/04/15, 06:08 pm

In-Game Name: Hessim

Your real name or age (Optional): Jesse Cronk, 20 years old

Total Level and # of rebirths:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?: I play nearly daily, around my work schedule. I may go inactive for a few days at a time if I become interested in an other game, but mabi's eternal grasp is inesacapable for me.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application: I was in Bliss for about 4 and a half years. One of the best experiences I have ever had in a game. I've been in a small handfull of other guilds, but they never made an impact on me.

Why Dreams?: Dreams seems to be one of the only guilds around in Tarlach right now that I feel like I'd be at home in. When I was in Bliss, I greatly appreciated the environment that was simple and casual in it's social aspect, yet still revolved around being an influencial force in the game.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals): INocturne, Kostacious

How long have you been playing?: Since September '08

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?: I am a master Warrior and Lancer. I'm also very close to mastering Ninja, with puppeteering in the works.

Any other information you would like for us to know: My previous character (Jessim) and his whole account was banned permanently a couple of years ago. I heavily abused an exploit with the premium shop that allowed me to take anything from it at 0 cost. I also have recent experience in using pake with a packet editor. I have not used any gamebreaking exploits or mods for at least two years, and I don't lan on taking it up again.  I let every guild know of my past experiences here.

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Hessim's Application Empty Re: Hessim's Application

Post  INocturne 29/04/15, 06:11 pm

Confirming referral for Hessim - I've known him for solid four years, without him my Mabinogi experiance would of been lack-lust to say the best, I highly recommend him to Dreams knowing to the fullest he will be a fantastic fit amongst fellow members.
INocturne
INocturne

http://www.twitch.tv/iAvaroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostacious 29/04/15, 06:15 pm

Confirming referral for Jesse as well. Known him for 4 years as well and we were together in Bliss. He's a total bro and would be awesome to have around.
Kostacious
Kostacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Toshimitsu 30/04/15, 03:51 pm

You mentioned a few handful of other guilds. Would you mind elaborating on these guilds a bit? If you stayed in Bliss for 4.5 years which means that Bliss was the one you had most attachment to. The other guilds you went in and out of had not much of an impression, but the fact that you applied and were accepted in means you had some kind of reason for joining them just like Dreams.

As for pake, how extensive of a penalty did the game's GMs enact upon you? No penalty or enough to warrant a ban with the need of an appeal? I have seen people been banned unjustly, banned all together with no appeal and possibly still banned. I, myself, have been banned and had to make an appeal. While others like Casian were banned unjustly in the first wave of bans when pake was still new and had to appeal several times before they would life the ban. Your motivation for using pake in the first place was?

Good luck on your application.
Toshimitsu
Toshimitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 30/04/15, 07:25 pm

Have you ever been associated with Pake?

I feel like you were involved in duping, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 01/05/15, 06:45 pm

Toshimitsu wrote:You mentioned a few handful of other guilds. Would you mind elaborating on these guilds a bit? If you stayed in Bliss for 4.5 years which means that Bliss was the one you had most attachment to. The other guilds you went in and out of had not much of an impression, but the fact that you applied and were accepted in means you had some kind of reason for joining them just like Dreams.

Good luck on your application.

After Bliss had died out, I figured I'd just roll around as a solo player, but that pretty soon became boring. Friends had been in guilds and offered me to join, simply to hang out with their group of friends too. Friends have been the main reason I've joined and left other guilds.

Most of these guilds have been very small, very casual, and almost let me in right away since I was a friend with their guildmate. Over a small time, maybe a month or two, these guilds would always die out. Most of the players were inactive, and didn't take mabi as as seriously as the people who were active. My guild hopping, in summary, just consisted of following some friends around.

Toshimitsu wrote:As for pake, how extensive of a penalty did the game's GMs enact upon you? No penalty or enough to warrant a ban with the need of an appeal? I have seen people been banned unjustly, banned all together with no appeal and possibly still banned. I, myself, have been banned and had to make an appeal. While others like Casian were banned unjustly in the first wave of bans when pake was still new and had to appeal several times before they would life the ban. Your motivation for using pake in the first place was?

As for the pake issue, I was a part of a mass ban that only lasted a few hours. There was no need to make an appeal with support.  

I started using pake, because my engineering-based mind could not resist. I am always drawn to being able to nitpick at something's internals and make it do what it's not supposed to. I made a huge effort to only really affect myself to try and minimize the ultimate gameplay for everyone else. I duplicated a few items, no gold, and played with a little teleporting.

You didn't ask about it, but I'll let you know anyways. My previous account was permanently banned for taking advantage of an exploit in the premium shop. I could receive all items from the web shop at the cost of 0NX. Nexon simply blocked my account from logging into mabinogi and patched the exploit. My appeal process went to the Nexon America CEO. He stated that his GMs said that my account was caught doing suspicious activites, and would not unlock my account.

Roxxaz wrote:Have you ever been associated with Pake?

I feel like you were involved in duping, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong

As said above. Yes I have used pake.

In saying all this, since my last short ban, I have never even thought about using game-breaking mods or exploits again. I enjoy this game, and I want to keep it as a good environment to play in. Hopefully you all can trust my word on that. Thanks for asking!

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 02/05/15, 07:19 pm

Some of our members have... negative feelings toward Pake users. Many do not want to associate themselves with a Pake user, either present or past.

Myself being one of them.

Considering your history has been pretty devious and a little disappointing:

How do you feel about this?

On a side note, how long ago did you make Hessim? It must've been a few years now, but either way, you character seems to lack... dedication to put it simply. I'm just asking for the sake of you being to keep up in any run we do.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 02/05/15, 07:47 pm

Hessim thank you for your application to Dreams. I'll just jump into some questions myself.

You seem not to be too shy to hide your past concerning Pake use- why is that?

Is it arrogance or something else?

How long have you been playing Hessim since it was created, off and on? And have you received any bans on this character also?

If you have any regrets about pake use what would they be? It sounds more like you've made peace with the fact you used and were punished for it but are you remorseful if so could you explain it better for us to understand?

Second chances are something we believe in but your use of Pake seems on a really bad level and does have an uncomfortable feeling. If you want us to take your word or to put some thought into it what would you say to convince us that we should listen.

Last and not least how old were you at the time you were in bliss and the time you were banned?

That is all for now, Good luck on your application.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  INocturne 02/05/15, 10:26 pm

Since I feel a need to ask some questions myself, To help fellow members see you as I do,

What has been the purpose - Drive, and motivation to continuously bring you to Mabinogi, despite the countless other games (I know you play) from taking your full attention?

What was it exactly about Bliss and made you love it and speak so highly of it as you have with me and countless others.

And finally my dear friend; Should you join Dreams, What would be your next step in character development to make yourself stand out alongside fellow members, aside from your extreme hoarding of Heavy armor and white colored equipment?
INocturne
INocturne

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 03/05/15, 01:28 am

Roxxaz wrote:Some of our members have... negative feelings toward Pake users. Many do not want to associate themselves with a Pake user, either present or past.

Considering your history has been pretty devious and a little disappointing:

How do you feel about this?

To be honest, I don't blame them. Four years ago when pake was publicly released, playing mabi was risky. Simply logging on could've resulted in having your character(s) locked out of the game by other players. Letting someone into your guild who has had access to doing that is sketchy to say the least.

That's why I'm putting myself here in this application. I definitely want to be in your guild, but want everyone to know what kind of person I was, am, and could be. I'm an open book for you right now.

I'm not going to try and persuade you into thinking that I didn't do anything wrong, because that in itself is wrong, and what I did before was wrong.

Roxxaz wrote:On a side note, how long ago did you make Hessim?

I can't give an exact date, but the recent event gave me the four-year title.

Roxxaz wrote:I'm just asking for the sake of you being to keep up in any run we do.

Don't worry. I can hold my own, I'm sure. c:

Keo wrote:You seem not to be too shy to hide your past concerning Pake use- why is that?

Is it arrogance or something else?

I'm not shy about it because I'm not particularly ashamed of it. That doesn't mean I approve of my past self's actions, nor do I condone that anyone repeat them.

When I'm joining in on something important, like this guild, I want everyone to know about me. Like I said before in response to Roxxaz.

Keo wrote:How long have you been playing Hessim since it was created, off and on? And have you received any bans on this character also?

This account is approximately 4 years old.

This character was banned for only a couple of hours in a mass-ban during the public pake release for the apparent possession of duplicated gold.

Keo wrote:If you have any regrets about pake use what would they be? It sounds more like you've made peace with the fact you used and were punished for it but are you remorseful if so could you explain it better for us to understand?

I have more than definitely accepted that fact that I did something very wrong. Using pake was minuscule compared to the shop exploit. It allowed me to play the premium item market to my whim. Like Roxxaz said, it was practically stealing. I risked my account, and lost it. I risked being sued, as the losses were likely more than enough reason to pry money back from me. For my privacy though, I would like to not disclose exactly how much I had exploited from the shop. If you MUST know, please contact me privately.

Keo wrote:Second chances are something we believe in but your use of Pake seems on a really bad level and does have an uncomfortable feeling. If you want us to take your word or to put some thought into it what would you say to convince us that we should listen.

I've already said everything that I have to say that would resemble an attempt to gain your trust. There is only so much to say. The only thing that I see left is for you to give me the chance to prove my word.

Keo wrote:Last and not least how old were you at the time you were in bliss and the time you were banned?

I joined Bliss when I was 13, and remained in Bliss until I was probably about 17. I was in Bliss on both my previous and current accounts. My previous account was banned when I was about 14/15 years old and it was for my shop exploit.

Again, thanks for your time, and thank you for asking me questions!

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 03/05/15, 01:39 am

INocturne wrote:Since I feel a need to ask some questions myself, To help fellow members see you as I do,

What has been the purpose - Drive, and motivation to continuously bring you to Mabinogi, despite the countless other games (I know you play) from taking your full attention?

What was it exactly about Bliss and made you love it and speak so highly of it as you have with me and countless others.

And finally my dear friend; Should you join Dreams, What would be your next step in character development to make yourself stand out alongside fellow members, aside from your extreme hoarding of Heavy armor and white colored equipment?

I play mabinogi simply because of how unique the game is. I was attracted to how you could include your own custom music, and the dynamic combat kept me here. I am sick of the point-and-click combat in literally every other free MMO out there. I'm talking to you, and all your clones, WoW.

Bliss was just fantastic. Put in simple terms, nobody gave a sh*t about anything trivial. We were there for each other, we were there for each other's friends. That was the only thing that really mattered. We played the game, got good, and wreaked our havoc where ever we went, whether we were in mabi or not. It was just a lot of fun.

Lastly, as for my character development. I like combat a lot, generally, I just like fighting monsters, I love running dungeons, I have the R1 skills, but I lack the stats. For my entirety of playing the game, I have been more than neglecting towards my apparent "unnecessary" life skills. In saying that, I probably want to work on some more base stat-oriented skills like carpentry and refining. Some more strength from mining would be great. My only discouragement from those types of skills are how grindy, time consuming, and boring they appear to be. I' almost rather just live with my current base stats and keep playing in dungeons/missions. Though I have known by now that if I want a stronger character, that's not the way.

Thanks for asking, bud.

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesliie 03/05/15, 05:11 pm

Hey Hessim,
I'm going to chime in a bit.
Couple questions, nothing too tricky to answer:

As you may know, Dreams takes pride in what us as a group and individuals do to keep a healthy environment and for some sets an image of what a Guild represents.
Will you take full responsibility of your actions as a mature individual yourself and as a guild member . surely you have grown up and more reasonable with your actions now than before as years gone by?

To make this app less worrisome, we all did something exploitive if not wrong in our time, but we all learn from past mistakes and accept what was done in the past. In saying, I do also do not accept the fact pake was in use BUT to me, it is something of the past.

Do you as of present, participate in exploitive bugs, glitches, illegal software, to gain personal gain, and or in harming the community as a whole, e.g. recent Celestial Spike NPC? Be honest with yourself.
Lesliie
Lesliie

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesliie 03/05/15, 05:19 pm

Will you give me your mats :^)?

Do you keep up with past guild members? talk to serris much?

If you suddenly woke up and you were in SAO, which floor would you die on?
Lesliie
Lesliie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 03/05/15, 10:17 pm

Lesliie wrote:As you may know, Dreams takes pride in what us as a group and individuals do to keep a healthy environment and for some sets an image of what a Guild represents.
Will you take full responsibility of your actions as a mature individual yourself and as a guild member . surely you have grown up and more reasonable with your actions now than before as years gone by?

I will absolutely take full responsibility for my actions. Even though I was a stupid kid when I made some bad choices, I would STILL take responsibility for what I did. It's my fault. Everything I do is my choice, and I am the one who will experience their consequences. Me alone.

I'm definitely more mature and grown up now. I won't claim to be perfect, but I now take a lot of time to think through what I say and do. Ask some of my closest friends. sometimes I think about what I want to say for too long.

Lesliie wrote:Do you as of present, participate in exploitive bugs, glitches, illegal software, to gain personal gain, and or in harming the community as a whole, e.g. recent Celestial Spike NPC? Be honest with yourself.

No, no, no, no, and no. The closest thing I currently use to a hack, exploit or mod is Abyss. I like my performance increases, and my CP reader. That's all. Zooming out further is nice too. To be honest though, I actually have no idea what the recent Celestial Spike NPC thing is.

-----------------------------

Will I give you my mats? Yeah when my celtic swords are done, everything I get will be given away until nobody I know needs them anymore.

I talk to Serris on occasion. Most of Bliss was so close that a lot of us still keep in contact for the most part. A lot of us are facebook friends, so that makes it easy.

If I suddenly woke up in SAO, I though I'd go pretty far. Considering I know the circumstances of SAO, I'd make it my absolute effort to slowly, and securely make myself as strong as I could. I'd grind floors until I was high enough level to clear the next three or four floors, just so I know that I'll be okay when I advance. I think I'd see the high 90's if not reaching floor 100.

As always, thank you for the questions. Keep 'em coming! ^ -^;

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 05/05/15, 04:41 am

Hi Hessim!

Thanks for apply to Dreams!

My, there is a lot going on in your application! I have to say as someone who has only been recently sitting and reading things from the sideline that you have handled yourself very well in your application so kudos to you on that ^^! I also appreciate your honesty.

I know your application ends pretty soon and I apologize for responding so late to it but I do have a few questions I'd like to ask you.

If you hadn't been caught abusing the NX shop and knew you probably wouldn't be do you think you would you have continued to do so? Why or why not?

How do you feel about "ban dodging" and do you feel this encompasses you? Why or why not?

cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 05/05/15, 04:55 am

cassa wrote:If you hadn't been caught abusing the NX shop and knew you probably wouldn't be do you think you would you have continued to do so? Why or why not?

I had messed around with the exploit for probably two or three weeks on and off until I had actually realized how serious the consequences could be towards me. I actually became pretty fearful and stopped right away. I dropped or sold off most of the items I had acquired. A week later I was banned.

So to actually answer the question, no. I would definitely not still be abusing this exploit if I was never caught, and it wasn't patched.

cassa wrote:How do you feel about "ban dodging" and do you feel this encompasses you? Why or why not?

By ban dodging you mean using an alt to avoid loss of account? I have never attempted any method of any sort to avoid being banned. I dont think that term could apply to me in any way. I've been punished properly. Sorry if I didn't answer correctly.

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 05/05/15, 07:10 am

How would you feel if I reported you for Unskilled Player and/or Intentionally Feeding leading you to get permabanned?
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 05/05/15, 12:52 pm

Roxxaz wrote:How would you feel if I reported you for Unskilled Player and/or Intentionally Feeding leading you to get permabanned?

If you reported me for something that I actually did to ruin your game experience, then I deserved it. I'd learn my lesson from it. If I returned to the game, I'd surely be a better player to be around.

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostacious 05/05/15, 07:56 pm

Just my two cents,

Jesse is a really honest and calm person. Very very rarely have I seen/heard him cause real drama if ever and he's always really patient with people. If I didn't think he would fit in/get along with the people in this guild, I wouldn't have offered to refer him. I really think he deserves a chance to join. I mean honestly, with the whole pake thing, it's gone. It's not coming back. He was young, impressionable (like we all were i have no doubt), and kids do dumb shit all the time. I know I did.

Ya'll gave me a chance even though I was one of the more known/heavier pake users. I think ya'll should give Jesse a chance. I think he would surprise you with his helpful nature and easygoing personality.
Kostacious
Kostacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 05/05/15, 08:27 pm

In reading your application I noticed you made this statement:

I risked my account, and lost it. I risked being sued, as the losses were likely more than enough reason to pry money back from me.

Could you clearify the "I risked being sued" part of this section? Did nexon actually mention that they could/wanted to sue you?
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  INocturne 05/05/15, 11:53 pm

Hessim -

With your Application slowly coming to a close, What are some last few thoughts you can share with us to better help my fellow guild-mates understand you?

Many of us fear the worst because of your past, while your honesty has been a pinniacle of who you are, most if not all of my fellow guild-mates do not know you remotely as well as I do, So what words would you use to discribe the lesson learned from your past?

Also; Should you get into Dreams, What are we to expect from you - The pros, the cons, everything you can think of, They all just wish to know you, but sadly do not have the four year pleasure of knowing you as I do, and sadly the only way I know to word our experiance togeather is a Brotherhood.

One last two cents will remain; If you still are hesistant on allowing Hessim into the Guild, meet with him atleast once, Talk to him, and get to know him, even if you're only asking vague questions, He'll give you a indepth response because thats just the type of person he is.

Best of luck to you, Brother.
I look forward to hopefully seeing you amongst this great family.
INocturne
INocturne

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 06/05/15, 01:53 am

Keo wrote:Could you clearify the "I risked being sued" part of this section? Did nexon actually mention that they could/wanted to sue you?

Nexon never actually contacted me about any legal action. I just kind of figured that if I were a multi-million dollar company, and felt like I wanted to get back at this kid, I could if I want to. It was within their power, and as far as I know, well within the law. All I got from nexon was a big fat ban hammer.

INocturne wrote:So what words would you use to discribe the lesson learned from your past?

To sum up everything I've learned from all that past junk, I'd say that I was a stupid teenager.  I didn't really know what I was doing, I didn't know what the consequences could be, and beyond all I didn't know how it would affect me in the future. I simply didn't consider it. It was stupid. Just plain stupid.

I'm older now; I'm more mature, and I am much much smarter than I was 5 years ago.If I was friends with my past self right now, I'd be lecturing myself about the bad choices that i will make just because I am young and ignorant. In 5 years I will say the same about my current self. It's just how people grow. We make mistakes, learn, and become better for it.

INocturne wrote:Also; Should you get into Dreams, What are we to expect from you - The pros, the cons, everything you can think of, They all just wish to know you, but sadly do not have the four year pleasure of knowing you as I do, and sadly the only way I know to word our experiance togeather is a Brotherhood.

With me around you, all of you, you should expect complete honesty from me at all times. Though on top of that, I'm sensitive, more than is apparently normal for a man and I'm very understanding. I'm more laid-back than most people you'll meet in your lifetime. I feel like I'm a person that you can talk to. Even if I don't know you very well, I am always willing to help you with anything that's within my power. I will go figurative(or not?) miles to help someone who truly needs it.

On top of all that though, I'm very blunt and straight forward. This has it's pros and cons in itself. I'll tell you how it is without much sugar coating, if any. On the flip side of it, I don't normally get a lot of jokes and metaphorical wordings. My brain doesn't know what to do if you don't tell me things exactly straight. I get a lot of crap from friends for that.

I think one more significant quality I think I have is my loyalty. If you deserve having me around, boy will I stick to you like glue. I will BE THERE for you, man. Ten years from now, if you haven't talked to me in all those years, I will still be there when you need me.

Lasty, I'd like to say thanks to all of you for even taking the time to ask me questions. I want you guys to see that I'm not a terrible person. If you give me the chance to join you guys, I promise I won't be a disappointment.

Before you place your votes, I urge you to take the time to just talk to me for a few minutes, ask me literally anything you want. I'll answer with 100% truth. Here's my skype, here's my email! Go nuts!

Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks again, have a WONDERFUL day/night! I wish you all the best, and I hope to see everyone in guild chat. c;

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 06/05/15, 07:52 am

Hessim wrote:
Roxxaz wrote:How would you feel if I reported you for Unskilled Player and/or Intentionally Feeding leading you to get permabanned?

If you reported me for something that I actually did to ruin your game experience, then I deserved it. I'd learn my lesson from it. If I returned to the game, I'd surely be a better player to be around.

Damn you didn't catch the League reference Sad
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  INocturne 06/05/15, 12:44 pm

Roxxaz wrote:
Hessim wrote:

Damn you didn't catch the League reference Sad

Lol, He did, He's just explaining what he'd do, He said the same thing to me when I threatend to jokingly report him once Razz
INocturne
INocturne

Back to top Go down

Post  Hessim 06/05/15, 01:39 pm

Yeah I got your league reference. I play a lot of league.

Hessim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next