View previous topic View next topic Go down

Curryd's application

Post  Curryd on 29/03/12, 04:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In-Game Name:
Curryd

Your real name or age (Optional) :
Curran

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread:

How active are you in game?:
I usually come on Mabinogi everyday after school. On certain occasions, I might not be able to come on on a daily basis due to school work and assignments.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application :
Esoteria, Aero, Silhouette, Oasis, Wings, and Ginseng (Ginseng being the current guild I'm in).

The reason why I left/intend to leave the guild(s) is because:
Esoteria and Aero was disbanded;
Silhouette, and Oasis became inactive;
Wings and Ginseng have friendly members but I was unable to grow attached to them due to the level gap and conversation indifference.

Why Dreams? (There are many guilds on Tarlach, but why us?) :
During my stay in Mabinogi, I wish to be able to join a friendly guild with the opportunity to make new companions that I can relate myself with. Guilds are formed to uphold the purpose of cohesion; to be able to play as a whole and create new experiences with. I believe that Dreams is a prestigious guild that lives up to their reputation and that I will be an asset towards the contribution of the community. Just as the motto of Dreams, "Ask not what Dreams can do for you...
Ask what you can do for Dreams", I look forward to be of use and able to help members in need. Smile

Who has referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation :
N/A

How long have you been playing? :
I have been playing for 2 years. My first character was created in Alexina but was later abandoned and moved to Tarlach as Curryd to be able to play with my friends in school.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have? :
My strong point would be archery; I am the master of Range, Bow Mastery, and Crash Shot. I've also achieved rank 1 in Arrow Revolver, Combat Mastery, Smash, Windmill, Critical Hit, Refining, and Production Mastery.

Any other information you would like for us to know :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My hair goes down. DOES YOURS?! 8D

Note: I do not use mods to gain an advantage over other players. It is simply a customized skin mod.
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Curryd's application

Post  Keo on 29/03/12, 04:26 pm

Curry, firstly thank you for your interest in Dreams.

I enjoyed the reason you'd like to join our guild. I do have a question for you however, you'd mentioned not being able to form a relationship in a guild due to a level gap, how would you avoid/deal with that situation if you felt the same way in Dreams? We do have some guild members who are higher level or like to do things at a high difficulty and might make you feel the same gap in experience/level.

Lastly, Good Luck ^^!
Keo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curryd on 29/03/12, 05:07 pm

Keo wrote:You'd mentioned not being able to form a relationship in a guild due to a level gap, how would you avoid/deal with that situation if you felt the same way in Dreams? We do have some guild members who are higher level or like to do things at a high difficulty and might make you feel the same gap in experience/level.

Thank you for your reply, Keomio Smile

The main reason behind the feeling of not belonging is due to the lack of guild activity and subjects of conversations. In both Wings and Ginseng, they have not been holding activities or events and thus making the guild chat the only way to communicate and befriend others. I attempted to socialize but I personally thought that the topics in conversations were difficult to add on. Sometimes, I get ignored and it feels as if the conversations I wish to start were irrelevant to the members.

I would try to get along and participate in guild activities on an active basis if I was accepted as a qualified member to join Dreams.
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa on 29/03/12, 05:17 pm

Hi Curryd,

Goodluck with your application! I don't really have any questions for you right now, good application.

Just wanted to tell you I understand where you are coming from about the conversations. To be truthful when I joined Dreams I was painfully shy and often with held saying some things in the guildchat at first for fear I'd say the wrong thing and embarass myself XD. However it is a different story now and I am comfortable to talk to any/all of my guildmates ^^. I hope in me saying that it is a comfort to you knowing you're not alone should you be accepted and feel shy at first.
cassa

View user profile http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  enthusiastic on 29/03/12, 06:08 pm

>:U Same question curry, even though you did give a good response in why you want to join, but....
Dream's motto is
"Ask not what Dreams can do for you...
Ask what you can do for Dreams"
What kind of unique traits about you that you can bring to Dreams?

enthusiastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curryd on 29/03/12, 07:10 pm

enthusiastic wrote:What kind of unique traits about you that you can bring to Dreams?

I do have a spontaneous and random side to me at times and I believe that I would be able to spice up the mood in conversations and activities and make the everyday guild experience more enjoyable and amusing.

OH. I've taken the Jung and Brigg's personality test and have gotten ISFJ as my personality.
(http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html)

I'm a very sensitive person. I treat others with the same respect as they treat me. As the type of person I am, I hope to live up the reputation of Dreams and possibly make it even better. Smile

NOW... let's talk about some unique fetishes.... Wink

Spoiler:

WERE YOU EXPECTING ME TO ACTUALLY MAKE A LIST OF THIS?! wao. just wao wao. Thinking so lowly of me D8
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  enthusiastic on 29/03/12, 07:14 pm

Lol.. well that did give me a good laugh XD
Guess you can see what my vote is.
Thank you for your reply.
I wish you luck on your app.

enthusiastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drawing on 29/03/12, 07:16 pm

Curryd wrote:
enthusiastic wrote:What kind of unique traits about you that you can bring to Dreams?

I do have a spontaneous and random side to me at times and I believe that I would be able to spice up the mood in conversations and activities and make the everyday guild experience more enjoyable and amusing.

OH. I've taken the Jung and Brigg's personality test and have gotten ISFJ as my personality.
(http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html)

I'm a very sensitive person. I treat others with the same respect as they treat me. As the type of person I am, I hope to live up the reputation of Dreams and possibly make it even better. Smile

Spoiler:

WERE YOU EXPECTING ME TO ACTUALLY MAKE A LIST OF THIS?! wao. just wao wao. Thinking so lowly of me D8

LOL
Drawing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nemui on 29/03/12, 08:53 pm

Drawing wrote:
Curryd wrote:
enthusiastic wrote:

Spoiler:

LOL

LOL... wowoowo.
Nemui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo on 29/03/12, 09:23 pm

As funny or awkward as his fetish might be, lets please all refrain from posting "lol" comments and try to stick to Q&A for the application, don't want there to be derailing that is all ty ^^!
Keo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  enthusiastic on 30/03/12, 09:19 pm

Guild members edit button as been added.
You may now re-edit your replies.

enthusiastic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curryd on 30/03/12, 10:09 pm

Kuro wrote:You left guilds due to inactiveness. Dreams is an inactive guild compare to what it used to be. Would you leave this guild if it does not suit your your term of activity? If so why? If not why?

Inactiveness can be quite a vague term. I do believe that when it comes down to the end, there will be situations where I would have to make an important decision in terms of whether it is the right choice to leave Dreams or not.

While I was still in Oasis (a guild that I have left due to inactivity), I have grown to love the guild. It was one where I was able to spend time with different people and create memorable experiences with. However, during the end of the summer break, the guild leader and a few of the members have decided to play a different game for a change and have said to take a break from Mabinogi. I was not one of them. I stayed in the guild for quite a long time; to the point where I had people asking me why I was still in Oasis. In the end, I chose to leave the guild because quite a few people who have taken a senior and an important role in the guild have left and told me it is time to move on.

Dreams is a highly respectable guild "who shares, gives to each other, and often does not ask for return favors." I believe that if everyone's bonds stay together and not dispersed (to the point of departure; leaving the guild one by one), the relationships and attachments that I will build with the people in Dreams will be everlasting and solid.

A few months after my departure from Oasis, the guild leader returned and have been playing from time to time passively rebuilding the guild; though the vital members of the guild have already left and it is simply not the way it was back then...

On a side note, I still have my Skyrim laying downstairs with my PS3 waiting to be ventured and dragons to be slain (;
I also borrowed my friend's Assassins' Creed: Brotherhood and.... have yet to finish it LOL.
So I do understand when people go inactive to take a different pace for a change in gaming or maybe even for something important happening in their lives.

I hope I was able to answer your question in terms of inactivity o:
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo on 01/04/12, 11:54 am

Curry, I hadn't thought of something to ask you but in doing a little math I see that your rb ratio is approximately at best rounded up 53/12. With so many different ways to get experience and to level it seems a bit low. Why is it so low, and how would you feel if you were asked to go on a trial dungeon run?
Keo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curryd on 01/04/12, 12:26 pm

Keo wrote:With so many different ways to get experience and to level it seems a bit low. Why is it so low, and how would you feel if you were asked to go on a trial dungeon run?

During holidays and breaks, where there's an abundant amount of time to play, I am able to do daily shadow missions and even hop on to more parties and gain experience everyday. On a leisure basis where I don't have school work, I can usually manage up 65~76 current per rebirth. Recently, I'm in the senior year and I feel more anxious about my tests and assignments more than before so I haven't been going on dailies as frequent as I usually can. I apologize if that has given you an impression that I can't do elite or even hard missions.

I don't know if this is useful information, but I have completed Their Method elite before.

I wouldn't mind doing a trial dungeon run given an appropriate amount of time to prepare for it.

Thank you for bringing this up, Keo Smile
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo on 05/04/12, 11:49 am

YOU! Have been elected...

for a trial run with Sylvestre and I, please write me a time you might be available to do this.
Keo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curryd on 05/04/12, 05:35 pm

Keo wrote:YOU! Have been elected...

for a trial run with Sylvestre and I, please write me a time you might be available to do this.

Thank you for electing me, Keo.

How long does the trial run usually take? I'm not sure when I'll be completely free during this weekend since I'm most likely going out with my friends somewhere. What would be an approximate time as to how long it takes for the trial run to be completed by an average player?
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo on 05/04/12, 07:47 pm

It is just a sm run in Tara, we've chosen Lingering Darkness Hardmode- nothing too lengthy, this weekend being Easter I understand if you get a bit busy but the sooner the nicer then it is out of the way Razz lol.
Keo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curryd on 09/04/12, 08:07 am

Would anytime between 4:30pm ~ 7:00pm EST tomorrow (April 10) be fine with you and Sylvestre? o:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been going out for the weekend and didn't have a solid time for the trial run.
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SylvestreNic on 09/04/12, 11:27 am

I'm fine with this time.

SylvestreNic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo on 10/04/12, 01:53 am

I shall also be online at that time then -nod- see you tomorrow Very Happy!
Keo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelea on 11/04/12, 07:32 pm

Curryd wrote:Wings and Ginseng have friendly members but I was unable to grow attached to them due to the level gap and conversation indifference.

Were you too high level for Wings/Ginseng or the other way around?

Your time trial was posted. Granted I'm more than 3x your total level, as rusty as I was on a fresh client install and no lag reduction mods, I got a 10min 23s. I can probably hit 8 or 9 mins if I were to play like I used to. With that said, how will you be able to grow attach to Dreams if you cannot keep up with rest of the guild?

Angelea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curryd on 12/04/12, 05:28 pm

Angelea wrote:Were you too high level for Wings/Ginseng or the other way around?

My level was higher than a majority of the people in Wings/Ginseng. Though the main reason I left was really due to disconnection and the lack of socializing between people.

Angelea wrote:Your time trial was posted. Granted I'm more than 3x your total level, as rusty as I was on a fresh client install and no lag reduction mods, I got a 10min 23s. I can probably hit 8 or 9 mins if I were to play like I used to. With that said, how will you be able to grow attach to Dreams if you cannot keep up with rest of the guild?

I do have to agree that level difference is an aspect that discourages me from being fond of a guild but there are also many other reasons that can affect it. If I am looked down upon as weak in comparison to the others in the guild, instead of ignoring the formidable truth, I look forward to be able to see myself deal the same level of damage and skilfully manage dungeons as easy as the rest of you.

I believe the question as to whether I will be able to grow attached to Dreams shouldn't be a difficult issue to be troubled with. Everyone looks for companions to relate themselves with and game together whenever they are in a guild. I wish to be able to follow my friends, Drawing and Nemui's, footsteps and be able to continue enjoy playing Mabinogi alongside with them.

Under Drawing's constant requests to do daily dungeons with him, I hope to grow stronger and be of use to everyone in this guild.

Thank you for bringing this up, Angelea.

P.S. Recently, I have been stuffed with assignments and tests so I apologize for the late reply.
...dat Drawing and his carefree courses this semester ):
Curryd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo on 13/04/12, 12:24 pm

-Application Accepted-

Please apply at the guildstone sw outside of Dunbarton.
Keo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum