Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

michael16's Application

+2
Meliae
michael16
6 posters

Go down

michael16's Application Empty michael16's Application

Post  michael16 19/12/16, 10:02 pm

In-Game Name: michael16

Your real name or age (Optional):Ian 18

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?: Every day, sometimes ill miss a day or two if I'm playing another game or I'm busy or on a family vacation/outing etc.

Joined any previous guilds? Arms, Capulet, Gesshoku, sicklesquad. I've been looking for an active guild who is bonded and close together and has active to at least semi active players. Most guilds I have been in have been either totally nonactive or has drama which I personally don't enjoy.

Why Dreams?: I've heard from guilds I was in that Dreams has been around for a while and has dedicated players who all have been in the guild for a while which seems like a guild I would really like to be a part of since its something i have been looking into joining in a mabi guild.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals): When i applied it said no referrals were needed Smile

How long have you been playing?: About 2 years or so now maybe a bit more.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?: My skills and talents are literally disgusting to be honest because they're so spread out lol, I'm currently working on getting all talents to gold rank so I cant really be like those people who have like 5 master talents and more since I'm all over, but I'm working hard at this goal and from gold im going to all master hopefully just the ap struggle blocking me at this point.

Any other information you would like for us to know: I'm always glad to help/talk to others and am really grateful anyone who sees this took the time to read it. Smile also I am on EST time just a side fact.

michael16

Back to top Go down

michael16's Application Empty Re: michael16's Application

Post  Meliae 20/12/16, 07:55 am

What do you feel you can bring to the guild if you were to join?
Meliae
Meliae

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 20/12/16, 08:09 am

Just out of curiosity your name is Ian but your accounts name is michael16.. Is there a reason for this??

Tell as a little about yourself, what kind of things you like inside or outside of mabinogi.

If you get into the guild what would you do differently vs if you did not get in?

We're all pretty independent players, and although we are a big family and do things together, we often do a lot of things on our own. How would you deal in the kind of environment?

How would you deal with conflict with a member should it ever happen??

Best of luck on your application. That's all the questions I have for now.

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 20/12/16, 12:17 pm

What do you feel you can bring to the guild if you were to join?- I would like to think i bring a very optimistic personality and I love helping others with problems whether it be an in game type problem or a real life type problem, I think my personality is fun I can't exactly show that within a sentence or in a written response but when talking to someone I like to make people laugh and such.[/color]

Just out of curiosity your name is Ian but your accounts name is michael16.. Is there a reason for this??  Well lol, The first game I played you couldnt pick your own name it was a randomizer that did and the name I got was michael so when I came to mabi (keep in mind at times I'm the least creative person ever at times) I chose the name michael and 16 for my birthday since my birthday is January 16

Tell as a little about yourself, what kind of things you like inside or outside of mabinogi. I really love science and hope to major in the medical field I'm just not exactly sure doing what at the moment, I bounce ideas around and change my mind every other week. I also love to play the mmorpg Blade and Soul which is another one of my favorite games so I like to distribute my days between the 2. Within mabinogi I mainly just spend my time ranking up stills and talents and hanging around with friends doing whatever they want.

If you get into the guild what would you do differently vs if you did not get in? If I get into the guild I would like to do things with other people, lately I've kinda been a solo player so sms and such i just do alone, although if I did not get in I'd like to take any feedback and put it to use since you can only grow as a person.

We're all pretty independent players, and although we are a big family and do things together, we often do a lot of things on our own. How would you deal in the kind of environment? I've been used to soloing but I think joining a guild of "a big family who does things together" would also be fun and is something I don't do much as a solo player.

How would you deal with conflict with a member should it ever happen?? I like t deal with conflict by asking whoever it may be that is assigned to deal with these types of issues what to do and if I should do anything, and if these issues are handled personally I like to confront the person in a pm or somewhere privately to work things out without making every single detail known and a giant mess.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 21/12/16, 06:02 am

You say you wanna be a part of dreams because we are a close knit guild and that we have been around for a long while. This is true about a lot of guilds. Are there any other reasons why youd like to join us?

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  aurkus 21/12/16, 06:52 am

Hello Ian

So far my main concern is the low level/rebirth ratio.

Is not even 50 and according what you told us, around 3 years of playing, this is even with the new experience per level charts.

Are you a more social player, do you just rebirth whenever you can, or does life keeps you out of game for long periods?

What's your favorite talent to use and why?

That's for now

Best of luck
aurkus
aurkus

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 21/12/16, 12:32 pm

You say you wanna be a part of dreams because we are a close knit guild and that we have been around for a long while. This is true about a lot of guilds. Are there any other reasons why you'd like to join us? I've been in a few guilds or heard from friends about guilds who say phrases similar to long lasting family etc but they all mostly seem to be either full of drama or full of alts/inactive characters. When joining a guild where you actually have to put effort in an application to be accepted there's bound to be more players, a closer family, and any non active people are probably inactive but will come back at some point unlike these other guilds. I'm not badmouthing other guilds though its just when you accept anyone and everyone its more likely the players are not as dedicated and such.

Are you a more social player, do you just rebirth whenever you can, or does life keeps you out of game for long periods? I usually rb as soon as the wait time is up so I don't level to insane levels like people who take their time do, usually I have no ap so I just rb to get more to level up skills i had worked on and ran out of ap on. Sometimes I am social and don't do too much work on mabi as well which doesn't help me in lvling lol.

What's your favorite talent to use and why? My favorite talent has to be fighter because I love the skill animations, I just need to work on getting it to master.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 22/12/16, 09:06 am

We are all dedicated to pushing ourselves and each other to being the best we can. "Sometimes I am social and don't do too much work on mabi as well which doesn't help me in lvling lol."
Having this kind of attitude may separate you from us in the guild who strive to be the best. Of you don't try that could also be a downfall when you're playing as a team where you can be actively being a weaker link simply because you don't care. Is this type of attitude carried over to lots of things or just your mabinkgi leveling and playstyle?

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 22/12/16, 02:15 pm

Hello Ian, welcome to the dreams application. Firstly I want to address something I see in our application.

"or full of alts/inactive characters full of alts/inactive characters"

This at the moment very much sums up Dreams. It is the reason we are even having an open promotional period without referrals to begin with.

Don't get me wrong there are days where we have a big surge of activity then its quiet again but most of our members are in their 20-30's, are in school or have professional lives as well so being in game isn't always an availability. Most recently Mabi in general has seem a huge lack of interest paired with the fact more people are playing newer games and Tarlach is the smallest server in Mabi as is and you have a bad recipe for low activity levels.

If this is something that truly bothers you I wonder if this is in fact the guild you would want to apply to. We have high expectations of our members, hope that they can "fend" for themselves and play at the highest level in game to run all the content comfortably and when a helping handed is needed then we offer it. Aside from that we all have really strong bonds built with each other that extend to other games or so depending on who you deal with but we are very family like.

That is something to consider, after you have please share your thoughts about it with me, I look forward to your response, thank you.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 22/12/16, 03:45 pm

Hi Keo, the guilds I was talking about mainly (and i'm not trash talking) were yes filled with alts and inactive members but they were making no effort to rebuild and I think the thought of joining a guild with a set requirement is something I would very much like because then people know what they are doing and it makes the guild runs and such much smoother and easier. I always see you guys making an effort to rebuild due to the ads i always see up on ch7 for Dreams recruitment which shows there's obviously potential and besides that point you said there are days where there is a surge of activity which is still good and shows there's still hope. People being busy with real life doesnt matter to me in any way because I can 110% understand that as I also at times get busy with real world issues. Also about Tarlach server, I'm already in too deep so I'm not changing servers lol so I gotta make the best of it. As for the guild expectations I'm fully capable of running dungeons and sms alone and such so that's not an issue on my part. You say, "Aside from that we all have really strong bonds built with each other that extend to other games or so depending on who you deal with but we are very family like." This is a main reason because even say mabi isn't what eveyone is playing at once or such, they may play other games I might play and such so there's still more to do with guild members, I don't know if i made sense there lol kinda hard to explain what I was thinking there but being part of this guild family is the main thing I would love to witness and be a part of because it's been a while since I've experienced this.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 22/12/16, 04:54 pm

We are all dedicated to pushing ourselves and each other to being the best we can. "Sometimes I am social and don't do too much work on mabi as well which doesn't help me in lvling lol."
Having this kind of attitude may separate you from us in the guild who strive to be the best. Of you don't try that could also be a downfall when you're playing as a team where you can be actively being a weaker link simply because you don't care. Is this type of attitude carried over to lots of things or just your mabinkgi leveling and playstyle?
As for this question, I haven't been social lately that was more when I was before I came back to the game since I left due to school but since I've been back now for a few months I've just been grinding skills and sms to rank up asap. It's not that I didn't care about the game just some days I had stuff to do so I put an ad up and afk and such but now I'm in a position in school where I have time now and can take a breather so I'm back fully into mabi. Personality wise I'm very overachieving and ocd and like to have everything I have to do in the day sorted out from real life things to what I want to have accomplished in games like mabi before I log off. Basically though now in mabi I'm always either in an sm training skills or at monsters around the world that satisfy cp requirements.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  Trees 22/12/16, 09:57 pm

Please post a screenshot of your talent window as specified in the application requirements.
Trees
Trees

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 23/12/16, 11:03 am

I would be happy to show you my talent window but at the moment I can not because steam is actually not working and theyve sent out a notice that they are fixing it and I run mabinogi through steam because the regular mabinogi launcher does not work for me I've had problems with it a long time and mabinogi responded to my ticket by just saying use only steam for mabinogi. As soon as steam is running again and I can get on mabinogi I will post my talent window asap. Sorry for not being able to post it and sorry for not posting it already.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 23/12/16, 09:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  Meliae 24/12/16, 01:59 pm

A trial run has been requested after talking to a few members
Please contact Chance53 or someone to let us know when you're able to do so

^^ Happy Holidays
Meliae
Meliae

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 24/12/16, 07:39 pm

Alright well if it's okay, I'll be unavailable in game till Jan 2nd because I'm actually visiting family down in Florida so I can't do the trial run till then but I'll notify chance and that way I can get the run done ASAP but I'll still be able to answer questions here since I can do so on my phone.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 26/12/16, 02:33 pm

Does no one have anymore questions? Smile

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 26/12/16, 03:59 pm

What has been your biggest set back in mabi? Most challenging encounter in game? Have you thought of quitting? and lastly how did you overcome all of these?
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 26/12/16, 07:03 pm

Meliae wrote:A trial run has been requested after talking to a few members
Please contact Chance53 or someone to let us know when you're able to do so

^^ Happy Holidays

I will be using my elf so please contact me on "MAJESTICELF"
Ive already added you for when you return so, just accept and contact me, and Meliae and myself will accompany you on a run of our choice. Good luck on the continuation of you app and enjoy the holidays.

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 27/12/16, 11:24 pm

What has been your biggest set back in mabi? Most challenging encounter in game? Have you thought of quitting? and lastly how did you overcome all of these? I think my biggest set back is the time I wasted not knowing what "good" equipment was and not having the money for it, now I have it but it will take me a while to get to where I should have been with all the time wasted not knowing what I was doing but this is something I will overcome with time by proffing weps and such and make the ideal equipment. My most challenging encounter in game is something I still face today which is finding the right monsters/areas for specific skill cp training it can be really difficult even with my raccoon cub, as well as the fact I don't have the acc raccoon cub like some others do the way I will overcome this is like how the rest of the dedicated players do, with extreme dedicated grinding looking forward to results. I thought of quitting long ago but then I got on one day and played in the events I had missed for like that month and got sucked right back in lol ever since then, this being maybe like last year in the summer, I never quit/had thoughts of quitting again. Especially since like I've said I've been a solo player for so long so joining a guild would help anyone really not have thoughts of quitting since they now have dedications to others and their group.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  aurkus 28/12/16, 08:50 am

michael16 wrote:[b] I've said I've been a solo player for so long.

If you have been a solo player could you tells us what are the biggest accomplishments that you have achieved in that way, like have you ever soloed MA or something?
aurkus
aurkus

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 28/12/16, 12:36 pm

This may not be as insane as soloing ma but, I have 2/3 of the solo album titles as well as I have defeated one man mission girg. But yea not exactly the most elite achievements but in my opinion some pretty good ones.

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  michael16 28/12/16, 12:45 pm

michael16 wrote:I have 2/3 of the solo album titles
sorry meant alban* I'm typing through my phone and autocorrect never lets me have a good day lol

michael16

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 04/01/17, 08:51 am

Hey Ian. I've not seen you online in the last day or so, but Meliae and I have a pass ready that will be expiring today. If you can make it on ASAP, and get prepared for the test. You will be participating in a Ciar Advanced Hard Mode dungeon. We ask that you be ready for around 4 pm MST. You will be evaluated based off of the run, and will determine how your application proceeds. Best of luck on your app

-MAJESTICELF

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 09/01/17, 09:48 pm

Upon completing and evaluating the trial run, and reviewing your app the members feel that you have showed significant interest in both applying to the guild and goals made for your character, we hope that being in dreams will continue to encourage and inspire you to make higher goals, reach those and be better for it while being apart of our family. You have been Accepted.

Apply at the southwest corner outside of Dunbarton wall.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down