Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zincathon's app owo

+4
Whimsguy
Keo
Roxxaz
Tairiku
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zincathon's app owo - Page 2 Empty Re: Zincathon's app owo

Post  Roxxaz 02/12/14, 10:13 am

You mentioned that you are switching to Gunner after blowing up your Hailstorm staff.

As you're well aware Gunner skills do not stack very well with other classes. Of course there are exceptions to this, but for the most part, Gunner is a solo-based class that doesn't provide much synergy with other classes.

Gunner can be useful, but in some situations, can be very annoying to deal with when it comes to controlling mobs.

If during a Guild run, a member asks you to stop using Gunner (probably me because I detest Gunners, no offense), would you gladly stop?

If you aren't using Gunner, what other class would you provide synergy with the rest of the party?

Have you explored other classes besides Gunner or Magic?

How truly versatile are you when it comes to controlling mobs, or dealing heavy damage to a single target?

When faced with soloing an Elite Shadow Mission room, how confident are you that you can clear the room without dying?

Often times our members run Elite Missions and expect and rely on each other to solo rooms in order to clear the mission faster. Do you believe you can clear the room by yourself?

My biggest area of concern is the lack of versatility in your character.

Would you be okay with a trial run with some of our members?

Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 02/12/14, 10:50 am

I can solo rooms in a very quick manner. I ran an elite fomor attack with some randoms about 3 or 4 days ago as the daily, and could solo a room per "wave" of rooms with ease. At the time I was using gunner because of the small amount of crowd control it provided, which was apparently enough.

If the reason you or someone else would ask me to stop gunning is because of dislike for the class, then no I would not stop. Just because someone doesn't like gunner, doesn't mean they have say over who can and who can't use it. However, if the reason is because I am screwing up some combos or knocking things back the wrong way, yes I would switch. A valid response to a valid concern. No need to worry about this though. In the tougher runs I much prefer supporting than dealing damage. Also my gunner isn't exactly that strong yet.

As gunner doesn't synchronize with many other classes, it also doesn't need to. Gunner is fast damage and fast CC. Obviously if the case was MA, the actual combos would go first, followed by the follow up damage (archer, gunner, fighter etc.) There aren't a whole lot of "wombo combos" with gunner, however it's not completely unsynchronizeable (<not a word yet apparently Very Happy).

Yes I would be honored to do a trial run. I'm not super pro experienced in gunner, so you probably won't see much flashy stuff from me. However, I will carry my own weight while also helping the others with what I can.

As for other classes, I have an insanely good party heal wand, as well as a Karis set, spell book, and a massive mp pool of 653 BASE. I also have 2 R5 melee weapons that are quite good for bursting a single enemy. These melee weapons are definitely going to get out damaged in the future by my gunner though. There's always fireball/icespear/thunder too. Lastly, I can use lullaby with my violin to freeze a room. I also have every music buff skill to rank 1.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 04/12/14, 04:57 pm

After asking around, I have several sources telling me that many players have described you as being self-centered and arrogant.

How do you respond to these accusations?
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 04/12/14, 08:31 pm

I wouldn't react to it at all. I would take into consideration that people have complained and would try to improve based on the complaints given.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 06/12/14, 06:00 am

I have two more words for you:

1) Understanding

2) Unselfish

~JD
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Zincathon 06/12/14, 09:52 am

To be an understanding person means to be able to put yourself into the shoes of others. I try to do this, however it isn't always easy. It's impossible to know what a person is going through, because everyone's situation is different. However, that's not saying you can't try. If a friend would come to me and ask for advice/a listener, I would gladly accept and console them.

Unselfish means to care about others troubles and concerns, as you would your own. Kind of the same thing as above; caring about others needs and emotions. In terms of gold or time however, those would be up for investigation. If it was gold, I would ask if they planned to pay me back, how much they really wanted the item, and if they plan to keep it for longer than a few days (unless it's a useable or something). For time, I would probably always say yes, as I am never really "busy" on mabi. I may be in progress of doing something, but I can come back to it.
Zincathon
Zincathon

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 06/12/14, 06:13 pm

Zincathon. There was a lot of contemplating that had to happen during your application. Our members have had experiences with you that were unfavorable and stayed as a negative memory. Even in trying to overlook those situations and get to know you as a person some members got the impression you were defensive and sometimes came off as arrogant.

While we can appreciate someone confident in themselves we would like to see the possibility of friendships and comradery in our potential members and some felt that was not the impression they received during your application.

Text can be difficult to interpret for people and it's understandable if you feel wrongly accused but I will stand behind my members to say that they got an impression they were uncomfortable with.

Unfortunately at this time the decision was no, with that being said if you wish to apply in the future I welcome you to do so but suggest that you talk to get to know or join our members on runs beforehand to see if you find yourself being compatible alongside us and vice versa.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum