Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremiah231's application

+3
Littlesnowie
Roxxaz
Jeremiah231
7 posters

Go down

Jeremiah231's application Empty Jeremiah231's application

Post  Jeremiah231 01/02/15, 12:58 pm

In-Game Name:Jeremiah231

Your real name or age (Optional):Jeremy- Age 22

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My AP is all over the place D=
How active are you in game?:
I get on mabi Every day, to complete dailies, explore a bit, and on the weekends i stay on longer to train skills, most of the time I afk until someone asks me to run something after that.
Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application:
Hunterz, Guardia, Woah, Unscathed,and Fairytailx if there are more, I forgot their names.
Hunterz picked me up when I was around level 40ish and helped me figure out most of the game, I left when i figured I was good enough to stop being babysat.
I Joined Guardia soon after that, after meeting them in Dunbarton through duels, I left because I took a long hiatus and felt I shouldn't take over a spot for a more active member.
Woah picked me up after I started playing again and I stuck around until university started, and I had to stop playing Mabi. When I gained time to play again I joined Unscathed, until the guild went quiet, and joined Fairytailx after that, until some of my friends decided to leave/become inactive. Now I currently have no guild

Why Dreams?:
Dreams always seemed like an active guild that actually played the game. I'd wander over to raids and see Dreams members there. I've been looking for a coordinated guild that at least occasionally runs missions I also like the idea of being in a guild that has been around for a fairly long time. And every encounter I've had with dreams members in the past has been pleasant, though brief.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referrals):
Tairiku who informed me that I should actually finish this Application form, and not just let it slide, after missing the referral free period.

How long have you been playing?:
Right after the elf/giant update, But I've had at least a year and a half of not playing Mabinogi. Started actually understanding mabinogi around g7, and stopped running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?:
I'd say my Puppeteer gear, and skills are probably what I'm most proud of. Right now, I gotta push to get more utility out of some of the other skill trees, (Mainly Alchemy), when when I finish that, I'll feel like I accomplished something else in mabi.
Outside of Mabinogi, I know a bit about banking and stocks, and am studying to get a job as an investment advisor,and I'm a complete Dungeons & Dragons nerd that DMs for my friends on a weekly basis.

Any other information you would like for us to know:
Don't wave reforges in front of me, I'm a recovering addict. I'm also looking for tips/interesting things to do in mabi, whether or not I get into the guild.Lastly, I'm very likely to be mismatched in colours and not know.

Jeremiah231

Back to top Go down

Jeremiah231's application Empty Re: Jeremiah231's application

Post  Roxxaz 01/02/15, 01:12 pm

Hello Jeremy and welcome to the Dreams application process:

I just have a couple of questions and concerns:

GENERAL:
1). I noticed your level:rebirth ratio is about 68:1, can you explain why your ratio isn't as high as it should be?

2). Besides Tairiku, who else do you know in Dreams? Why did you not submit your application earlier when the promotional period was still active?

3). "... most of the time I afk until someone asks me to run something after that." Do you ever try to organize runs yourself?

COMBAT & SKILLS:
1). During Combat, what is your primary class to go to during runs? Secondary?

2). Would you consider yourself more of a leader during runs, or one who follows?

3). I see your stats are scattered. Explain?

4). Besides Tailoring, have you done any other life skills?

5). Are you heavily dependent on reforges, or are you confident with your base damage?

MISCELLANEOUS:
1). What is your favorite color in-game? Do you take pride in dyeing your gear, or do you eyeball your shades?

2). What are you currently working on in game? In real life? Any goals?

3). Do you play any other games besides Mabinogi?

Good luck.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah231 01/02/15, 02:16 pm

Roxxaz wrote:Hello Jeremy and welcome to the Dreams application process:

I just have a couple of questions and concerns:

GENERAL:
1). I noticed your level:rebirth ratio is about 68:1, can you explain why your ratio isn't as high as it should be?

2). Besides Tairiku, who else do you know in Dreams? Why did you not submit your application earlier when the promotional period was still active?

3). "... most of the time I afk until someone asks me to run something after that." Do you ever try to organize runs yourself?

COMBAT & SKILLS:
1). During Combat, what is your primary class to go to during runs? Secondary?

2). Would you consider yourself more of a leader during runs, or one who follows?

3). I see your stats are scattered. Explain?

4). Besides Tailoring, have you done any other life skills?

5). Are you heavily dependent on reforges, or are you confident with your base damage?

MISCELLANEOUS:
1). What is your favorite color in-game? Do you take pride in dyeing your gear, or do you eyeball your shades?

2). What are you currently working on in game? In real life? Any goals?

3). Do you play any other games besides Mabinogi?

Good luck.

General:
1) The Main reason I believe my rebirth ratio is lower than it should be, is because of how much time I actually put into leveling when I started Mabinogi, and that I try my best to log in and rebirth when it's free, regardless of training I did that week, because it gave me more transformation time. The Free weekly rebirths did not help my ratio, because I felt now I always had ap, so working to the bone on ap collection wasn't as necessary.

2)I've had run ins with people like Senttos through duels, and I remember sitting down with Keomio once after a  black dragon raid, but that's the extent, I have encountered people from dreams who seem pretty cool, but I haven't befriended many people in the guild.
The Reason why I submitted my app late, was because I was caught up with real life (Canadian security exams) and only thought to write up an application by the end of the month, and then missed the deadline (Totally my fault).

3)Currently most of my friends that play Mabinogi, have dragged me away from it, so When I ask to do runs, we end up doing dailies, maybe a lord or two, then we head off to another game.
Combat & Skills:
1)When all else fails, the Marionette handles come out, though most of the time I try to avoid using them, in favour of what I am actually training. My second fall back is definitely magic, *though a good windmill solves most problems too*.

2)Honestly, I'd rather follow, but in most of the runs with my current group of friends, I find my self barking orders and keeping em in like *shrug*

3)There's not enough skill reset capsules to fix the fact I like playing with all skills. After I finished most of melee and archery, I Put my skills into what I thought would be most interesting to use while I played. This usually leads me to getting a skill up to expert or great, then switching off to something else to keep my self entertained. Right now though I'm focused on Alchemy, before the Combat Power requirements make it too difficult to train.

4)That Wise Tailor is misleading as hell, my tailoring is only rank 7. I've been doing life skills as I need them, or if they give easy stats. Potion making is r7 so I can 99% 100 potions, herbalism is r5. I had a cooking binge, so Cooking,catering, and ingredient gathering are maxed, and I've started working on handicraft again *that's r4*.

5)Nowadays, I'm Happy with my damage, most of the time reforges were used to bolster weaker skill sets (elemented knuckles) or to increase convenience (act6 radius).

General:
1)Green, and Blue. I do not dye my gear usually because I cannot see the difference in shades due to being colourblind, anytime I'm actually matching is because 1, I bought/received the clothing this way, or 2, someone handed me the appropriate dye and said use it/buy it.

2)In game I'm working on Combat alchemy before my cp climbs any higher than I think it is. In real life, I'm finishing my last exam to have the credentials to apply at a commercial bank.
Real life goals? Probably get a better job so I can buy a new place.

3)I play Marvel heroes 2015 on occasion and Dungeons and Dragons Online. My list of offline games I need to find time to play is pretty big too.

Jeremiah231

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlesnowie 02/02/15, 02:11 am

Ohohoo~ For someone dealing with banking and stocks, you certainly seem to have been quite the gambler! (Reforges)

Anyhow, hello and welcome to the Gauntlet of Doom the application process!

I shall bomb you with some questions as well:

1) Roxxaz already pointed at your current Rebirth/Level ratio. Given a little push and some occasional assistance here and there, would you be willing to work on that? I think it can easily be cranked up a bit!
(Hypothetical, I don't care much about levels at all anymore)

2) I see you have Master Carpentry but did not exactly mention Carpentry itself as one of the life skills you ranked, so is it safe to assume that it's not a high rank yet? WOULD YOU RANK IT IF I THREW TREES UPON TREES WORTH OF WOOD AT YOU?
(I have a serious passion for Carpentry, pardon my excitement!)

3) When faced with drama, how do you react? Are you a calm and reasonable person, standing at the sidelines or are you the kind to join in and be part of the festival for others to watch while they eat popcorn?

4) What is the first thing that comes to mind when you read the following words:

A) Friendship.
B) Reforges.
C) Fashionogi.
D) Humility.

That is all I have for you right now.
No bananas, no potatoes. Doth ye accept candy, young 'un?

This post is not srsbsns, so here's a smiley to make it look brighter! flower
Littlesnowie
Littlesnowie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah231 02/02/15, 09:01 am

Littlesnowie wrote:Ohohoo~ For someone dealing with banking and stocks, you certainly seem to have been quite the gambler! (Reforges)

Anyhow, hello and welcome to the Gauntlet of Doom the application process!

I shall bomb you with some questions as well:

1) Roxxaz already pointed at your current Rebirth/Level ratio. Given a little push and some occasional assistance here and there, would you be willing to work on that? I think it can easily be cranked up a bit!
(Hypothetical, I don't care much about levels at all anymore)

2) I see you have Master Carpentry but did not exactly mention Carpentry itself as one of the life skills you ranked, so is it safe to assume that it's not a high rank yet? WOULD YOU RANK IT IF I THREW TREES UPON TREES WORTH OF WOOD AT YOU?
(I have a serious passion for Carpentry, pardon my excitement!)

3) When faced with drama, how do you react? Are you a calm and reasonable person, standing at the sidelines or are you the kind to join in and be part of the festival for others to watch while they eat popcorn?

4) What is the first thing that comes to mind when you read the following words:

A) Friendship.
B) Reforges.
C) Fashionogi.
D) Humility.

That is all I have for you right now.
No bananas, no potatoes. Doth ye accept candy, young 'un?

This post is not srsbsns, so here's a smiley to make it look brighter! flower
"I gotta make money to gamble somehow, and it sure isn't by gambling."

1)Since I started alchemy my ap reserves have been shrinking so more levels is something I'd be willing to work on

2)My Carpentry is actually rank1 it just slipped my mind on the list. I kinda just consider it a necessary strength gain.*thrown trees are dangerous pale *.

3)I won't lie, I like watching drama because when people stop yelling they usually have something important/interesting to say about their relationship with the other person. Most of the time however I try to avoid adding to the fire unless it directly involves me or I am asked.

A)People I do more than game with/People I actually can talk to
  B)Too Expensive, Needs Price drop.
  C)People to sell clothes to.
  D)I don't know if I have that.

Jeremiah231

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 02/02/15, 12:29 pm

Greetings

People as we know will sometimes become inactive in game for periods of time for IRL purposes. That dose not necessarally mean that we wish them out of the guild. In fact upon short breifings with moderaters, they are more then welcome back with open arms upon their return(s).

Why specifically did you feel the need to leave based on your admission of abssences for those particular guilds. I totally get that some became inactive as you explained, but some did not. I ask because should you enter our guild we would not deny someone because their reality becomes demanding...this is after all a game. I also am curious as to the "i no longer needed to be babysat" comment when you left Hunters. back then I believe Boshek was the leader(maybe still is...I haven't seen much of Hunters in a while.) and by all my own observations was a good leader, a nice person, and a dedicated player. I seriously doubt he felt he was babysitting you at all to begin with.
I understand the need to stand on your own two feet, but imo abandoning a guild after you have taken what u can from them is a bit dissinguine. particularly after they have helped you to grow as a player. please comment, perhaps I'v misunderstood your lack of humility in this comment.

That's all I got for now
Thank you
Whims

Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah231 02/02/15, 04:07 pm

Whimsguy wrote:Greetings

People as we know will sometimes become inactive in game for periods of time for IRL purposes. That dose not necessarally mean that we wish them out of the guild. In fact upon short breifings with moderaters, they are more then welcome back with open arms upon their return(s).

Why specifically did you feel the need to leave based on your admission of abssences for those particular guilds. I totally get that some became inactive as you explained, but some did not. I ask because should you enter our guild we would not deny someone because their reality becomes demanding...this is after all a game. I also am curious as to the "i no longer needed to be babysat" comment when you left Hunters. back then I believe Boshek was the leader(maybe still is...I haven't seen much of Hunters in a while.) and by all my own observations was a good leader, a nice person, and a dedicated player. I seriously doubt he felt he was babysitting you at all to begin with.
I understand the need to stand on your own two feet, but imo abandoning a guild after you have taken what u can from them is a bit dissinguine. particularly after they have helped you to grow as a player. please comment, perhaps I'v misunderstood your lack of humility in this comment.

That's all I got for now
Thank you
Whims

This actually made me think a lot =o
I... Actually never thought about why I'd leave a guild when I took a planned break. I guess it just seemed like the best thing to do was say, "I'm stopping Mabinogi for a good while and I shouldn't eat up a spot in your guild." Thinking back, it was always school that lead me to stop playing mabi, so maybe I thought I wasn't coming back.

When I joined Hunterz, I just assumed it was a guild designed to help weaker players get into the game (and everyone in there way pretty good at that). So it just seemed right that when I felt strong enough, I should leave get my own shoes wet and move on from from that guild maybe free up space for someone else who needed the same help I got. In hindsight Bosheck and Hunterz has always been a place that welcomed me back with open arms every time I decided to be an anime character and go an a training montage. If Bosheck remade Hunterz I'd probably be there to help him. But you're right it probably wasn't right to just leave because I felt I was ready to.

Jeremiah231

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 05/02/15, 09:30 am

How do you feel about the new and upcoming Combat skills/revamp?

Are you saving AP up for that or are you going to continue working on Battle Alchemy?
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah231 05/02/15, 10:54 pm

I'm not really one for saving ap at this point, so when they come out, I'll rank them with whatever ap I have left.

Jeremiah231

Back to top Go down

Post  megen 18/02/15, 07:42 am

Everything looks good and we've had some good questions so far good luck!
megen
megen

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 19/02/15, 08:21 am

I'd like to thank you personally for your patience in this unusually long application process.

People have been busy with university, work, etc.

Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 22/02/15, 12:05 am

Hello Jeremiah231! Thank you for applying to Dreams!

I don't have any questions at the moment as I came into viewing this application pretty late due to real life keeping me busy but like Roxxaz stated previously I'd like to thank-you for your patience and apologize about the delay.

I would suggest at this point if you have not been advised otherwise to contact one of our ROs and/or your referral in regards to the status of your application. At least this way you will know of the reason for the delay unless you've already been informed.

Best of luck with your application! ^^!
cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 23/02/15, 08:50 am

You seem like an honest and straight forward person, the only concerns mentioned were you leaving the guild on a whim if your real life became busy, we do understand life happens so that wouldn't be a reason for you to have to leave.

With that being said and people having had personal experiences with you- it seems at this time your application is- Accepted. Please apply at the guildstone at the southwest corner outside dunbarton wall.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down