Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lygel's Application

+4
Jeweldragona
Dippi
Roxxaz
Lygel
8 posters

Go down

Lygel's Application Empty Lygel's Application

Post  Lygel 05/12/14, 03:39 pm

In-Game Name: Lygel

Your real name or age (Optional): 21

Total Level and # of rebirths. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?: I'm online several hours every day of the week.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application:

Paradox (Disbanded)

Paperhearts (Disbanded)

Why Dreams?: This guild has been around longer than I have and it's still relevant. I've seen and still continue to see guild members in all kind of places, so I felt there was some level of reliability there. I thought about joining before, and when I saw you were recruiting I had the feeling I should go for it. All the people from Dreams I remember that I traded with or spoke to seemed ok to me also so there's that.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals): None because of the recruitment promotion

How long have you been playing?: 4 years.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?: In terms of skills I have 5 master talents but I mainly stick to guns, ninja and puppetry. Semi-recent accomplishments are somehow gathering enough dragon materials to make Languhiris Chaser Armor and being bold or foolish enough to step 6 all my main weapons.

Any other information you would like for us to know: I'm quiet. I don't joke much but when I do my humor tends to be as dry as rye.

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Lygel's Application Empty Re: Lygel's Application

Post  Roxxaz 05/12/14, 04:52 pm

Hello and welcome to the Dreams application process.

Could you please include a screenshot of your Talent Title window please?

I suppose I'll start off with three basic questions:

1). Are you familiar with any of our members? Anyone you would consider yourself friends with?

2). What do you think you can bring into Dreams? What makes you unique?

3). If you were to describe yourself in one word - what would it be?
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dippi 05/12/14, 05:04 pm

This application comes as a little bit of a surprise to me but not in a bad way of course.

Lygel and I actually have quite a history, we used to be real close friends years back. Even though our promotion is going on I would have still referred him.

I look forward to this application. And I wish You the best of luck, old friend. C:
Dippi
Dippi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 05/12/14, 07:29 pm

Welcome to the Dreams application process.

1) Please elaborate on your guilds. A one word answer stating what happened is hardly explaining what the guild was about to you. This directly affects how you view guilds and their purpose. One word seems like you hardly care.

2) Not to point out the obvious, but you only listed two guild names, and neither one of them is the one over your head in your screen shot. Explanation?

3) Whats your definition of team work? What do you feel about it? Real life? In game?

~JD
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Lygel 06/12/14, 01:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Meant to say 7 master talents.

1) Are you familiar with any of our members? Anyone you would consider yourself friends with?

Like Dippi said, we've known each other for awhile.

2) What do you think you can bring into Dreams? What makes you unique?

In terms of combat, my wide range of combat masteries and support skills makes me suited for many different roles. I also have a few high ranked production skills such as engineering and magic mastery so I could contribute there. As a person I feel my unique trait is not getting emotional and staying composed and rational in most situations.

3) If you were to describe yourself in one word - what would it be?

Calm.

4) Please elaborate on your guilds. A one word answer stating what happened is hardly explaining what the guild was about to you. This directly affects how you view guilds and their purpose. One word seems like you hardly care.

Well I guess i'll elaborate if I have to.

Paradox - The first day I started playing they got me to join their guild. Part of the guild's purpose was to educate newer players so I did get some fair guidance on what skills to rank and what to focus on. Eventually I progressed enough to be in a position to give guidance to others though and that was when I noticed the guild leader was a bit strict about the whole guild hierarchy. I miss one meeting or say something contrary to the consensus and I get attitude. So I asked for a demotion to a position where attending meetings wasn't mandatory. The leader took quite a few breaks from the game too. One of them was so long he passed leader to someone else. When he came back he wanted leader back but he was gone so long the current leader didn't feel like just handing it back over. Old leader lead something of a coup and it split the guild.

Paperhearts - This guild was made by one of the people from the old guild I was ok with. Some other members were in it too. Was more laid back and didn't have a focus on hierarchy. Didn't have alot of people though and some of the people became inactive after awhile. Guild leader had some issues in real life that forced him to leave so the guild fell apart.

5) Not to point out the obvious, but you only listed two guild names, and neither one of them is the one over your head in your screen shot. Explanation?

Oh, right. The guild i'm in now is really just a placeholder, nobody but me is in it. When I left my other guild I kept getting spammed guild invites everywhere I went and I wasn't planning on joining another one anytime soon so I just made one.

6) Whats your definition of team work? What do you feel about it? Real life? In game?

Teamwork is knowing when to pass and when to shoot. It's about being in a moment and either taking action, or trusting someone else to because it's the right choice, not because you don't want to be responsible if you mess up. Real life or game, it's basically about paying attention. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of yourself and the people around you, then planning from it.

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Post  megen 06/12/14, 07:03 pm

Wow those were very thorough. I am glad to see that you didn't hesitate to answer that is a plus =) interested in this one for sure. Can't think of any questions because I know Whimsguy always askes about color lol will keep an eye on this app though. Good Luck!
megen
megen

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 06/12/14, 08:30 pm

Hello Lygel!  Thank-you for applying to Dreams!

From your answers and the way you've conducted yourself so far on this application you seem like a fairly level headed and team oriented type of player.  Your reason for joining is refreshing as it shows you have a general interest in the guild that goes beyond just having friends in it.

I do have a few questions for you.

-Approximately how long were you in each of your guilds?

-Being that you don't know too many people how would you go about fitting into the guild?

-There are many other players and guilds that have a dislike of our guild due to past issues.  While we try to keep clear of drama and that stigma is disappearing more and more there are still those out there who would seek to create that drama with us.  How do you feel about this?  How would you react should you be accepted and another player was to insult you or be rude to you for being in the guild or towards a fellow guild member?

-What would it take for you to leave the guild should you be accepted?  (Example:  Another person asking you to leave, inactivity, conflict with a guild member, etc.)

That's all for now.  Good luck with your application ^^!

Last edited by cassa on 06/12/14, 08:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Worded first question strangely)
cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 06/12/14, 09:04 pm

Greetings,
Just one question, as others have asked some pretty good ones.

What is your favorite color
in game and IRL if they differ
and why?

Thank you
Whims

lol @ Megen (am I that predictable) Suspect

Last edited by Whimsguy on 06/12/14, 09:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : comment)
Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lygel 07/12/14, 12:28 pm

-Approximately how long were you in each of your guilds?

The first one I was in for almost 2 years. The second, almost one year.

-Being that you don't know too many people how would you go about fitting into the guild?

I didn't really think of any particular methods. I feel the best way is just by being myself and letting my words and actions decide whether I have a place. I think if I try to win favor by acting a certain way it'd be disingenuous and probably backfire by setting a precedent that I wouldn't be able to uphold.

-There are many other players and guilds that have a dislike of our guild due to past issues.  While we try to keep clear of drama and that stigma is disappearing more and more there are still those out there who would seek to create that drama with us.  How do you feel about this?  How would you react should you be accepted and another player was to insult you or be rude to you for being in the guild or towards a fellow guild member?

Well in my experience spiteful people tend to use the same words, and just like any word the more you hear it, the more meaningless it becomes. I'd most likely ignore it and wouldn't feel too strongly about it one way or the other, because I know that whatever they say about me and whatever opinions they have of me, are ultimately insignificant and the only significance it has is what I allow it to have in my mind. If somehow it did get to me though, i'd see it as an obstacle to overcome and a chance to further strengthen my mental fortitude.

-What would it take for you to leave the guild should you be accepted?  (Example:  Another person asking you to leave, inactivity, conflict with a guild member,

etc.)

It'd probably take the guild being inactive for a long time for me to consider leaving. If a person or a small group tries to run me off because of a perceived wrong or a general dislike of me, i'm not going to just run away if I feel like I haven't actually done anything wrong.

What is your favorite color
in game and IRL if they differ
and why?

Blue. For the feeling of serenity and vastness it invokes and the fact that it's a pretty chill color to wear. Ingame i've been leaning more towards black since ninja came out as it lends itself better towards the theme.

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 07/12/14, 01:22 pm

Thank-you! I appreciate the honesty, integrity and maturity you've shown in your answers.

We all tend to be goofballs from time to time and as long as you can handle that I think you'd fit in well with us.

Best of luck with the rest of your application ^^!
cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  megen 07/12/14, 02:26 pm

lol @ Megen (am I that predictable) Suspect [/quote]

It's one of my favorite qualitys Whims =D
megen
megen

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 07/12/14, 03:45 pm

How has the history of Pake-users affected you directly and/or indirectly?

Have you ever known anyone for using Pake? If so, how did you feel about it?

Do you use lag-reducing mods such as Abyss/Tiara/Frontend?

Dreams carries a zero tolerance policy against game-changing third party programs such as Pake, I am just asking you out of curiosity on what your view on Pake is.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lygel 07/12/14, 05:54 pm

How has the history of Pake-users affected you directly and/or indirectly?

Honestly I haven't really been affected by it much at all. The only times I remember are when the tent blackrobing thing was going on but I logged out the second I caught wind of that. Then there was the dead NPC incident which was creepy to say the least. I think one time I saw someone that was invisible killing mobs and another time I overheard two guys talking about how pake was "the shet" and how they were going to dupe so many ducats or something.

Have you ever known anyone for using Pake? If so, how did you feel about it?

One time someone invited me to this party spamming a mission saying it was easy exp. When I got there I don't remember exactly how but one of the party members was killing all the mobs in a strange way, probably the invisible thing again. I asked what was up with it and the person who invited me said the person was using pake. I finished the mission but I didn't keep spamming it with them and I advised the person not to do any more runs with them.

Do you use lag-reducing mods such as Abyss/Tiara/Frontend?

No, i've only ever heard of one of those before, Tiara. I know people that have used it since they recommended it to me but personally I don't use any mods. Sometimes I feel a little out of the loop for it though since I know alot of people have this "dyelite" thing because I see them going "I don't want this shade of light blue. It's not color code 123ABC-UP-UP-DOWN-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-B-A" and i'm just like "Um...hey, all I can tell is it's light blue." For things like lag I don't have a problem with it but I don't want to put myself in a position to get banned or accidentally download a keylogger, even if it's unlikely.

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 08/12/14, 05:57 am

Some of our members are frequent users of Abyss/Tiara/Frontend/Dyelite amongst other programs, is this something you would be comfortable with?

Of course nobody in Dreams uses any game-changing programs such as Pake, but as for lag reducing mods, a good portion of our members use them.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lygel 08/12/14, 02:38 pm

Sure, i've got no problem with other people using them. As long as i'm not pressured to get them myself i'm good

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 09/12/14, 02:05 am

Hello Lygel and welcome to Dreams application.

I've heard from a few people that you sir are very quiet sometimes too quiet however in these questions you seem very self-comfortable and honest and straight forward.

With that in mind, is there a reason you may be considered "quiet" publicly and to people around you?

If your quietness has to do with shyness how comfortable would you feel with people around you that joke around/talk openly sometimes about sexually related topics?

If you had to describe yourself in 3 words what might they be?

If you could choose just one side of your personality for us to know of, which would it be and why?

Good Luck on your application.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lygel 09/12/14, 03:24 pm

I've heard from a few people that you sir are very quiet sometimes too quiet however in these questions you seem very self-comfortable and honest and straight forward. With that in mind, is there a reason you may be considered "quiet" publicly and to people around you?

I knew people could obviously tell I was quiet but I didn't think I had a reputation for being that quiet guy. Yeah I am quiet so, that would be the reason but I don't feel like it's contrary to the way I seem as it's not out of shyness or anything. Sometimes it's because i'm not that fond of being involved in small talk so I don't initiate alot of it. Sometimes it's because I think alot about what i'm going to say and when i'm ready to say something I miss the timing. Some people talk and fight at the same time and I find it kind of awkward for me to do so I tend not to unless someone says something directed at me. I do tend to speak up when someone doesn't know something and asks about it. When people come to me with a topic or a problem I can generally talk for awhile. I do enjoy being around other people, If I didn't I wouldn't go on missions with others and I wouldn't be applying. The simple reason is i'm mostly an introvert and that's just how I do things.

If your quietness has to do with shyness how comfortable would you feel with people around you that joke around/talk openly sometimes about sexually related topics?

Well it's not because i'm shy so, it wouldn't bother me a bit. Hell I might learn a thing or two.

If you had to describe yourself in 3 words what might they be?

Cool, calm and collected

Well I said calm already in another question so I guess helpful. Or swell, I consider myself a pretty swell guy.

If you could choose just one side of your personality for us to know of, which would it be and why?

If I had to choose just one side it'd be my humorous side. Taking any aspect of any person's personality and reducing it to a one-dimensional cutout would make them seem boring, but at least if I was funny it wouldn't be as boring.

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 13/12/14, 10:35 am

What are some passions you have outside Erinn?

What are your hobbies/goals/ambitions both inside and outside Mabinogi?

Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lygel 13/12/14, 12:35 pm

Well, obviously I like video games. Aside from MMOs i'm really into the fighting genre, mostly Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena. I also enjoy anime, manga, visual novels and i'm slowly getting into light novels if I can find a good translation. I'm into trading card games as well, mainly Cardfight Vanguard.

As for ambitions i've always wanted to work on some manga of my own, but I find it difficult to find time to practice drawing. I do work on the story end fairly often however.

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lygel 13/12/14, 12:44 pm

Oh right, inside mabinogi I guess commerce is kind of close to a hobby, the rides are pretty relaxing until bandits pop out. My goals right now are to just finish enchanting and reforging all the rest of my gear, and my ultimate goal is to rank every skill in the game that's relevant to me.

Lygel

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 17/12/14, 08:59 am

This application has ran longer then intended but we thank you for your patience during this busy time of the year, we have concerns about your quietness but look forward to having you join our conversations and becoming part of this guild - Accepted. Please apply at the guildstone southwest corner outside of Dunbarton.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down