chance53's Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 08/04/12, 03:52 pm

In-Game Name:chance53

Your real name or age (Optional):Chance, 17

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread:My total is 2213 and rebirth count is 54.

How active are you in game?:I try to get onto the game at least once a day. Depending on what my work schedule is like, as well as if Iv got projects or things to do with school/personal life. Aside from that, I do my best to be on once a day to play or at least get on briefly to say hello to everyone.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application: Right off the top of my head, I wouldn't be able to name them all since Iv played since G1. Over that time iv gone through a lot of guilds just because friends or girlfriends have asked me to join. Going just off memory I will try to list all the guilds iv joined though. (These aren't in any real order, so I apologize for that) Noblesse, Canadian, Aero, Pinnacle, Visions, Roofies, Zeroskills (when Kakashi7 was the leader of it) Tithe, RAINBOWS (Leader)

I was with Nobless until it got disbanned, so that's why I had to "Leave" so to speak.
I was with Canadian, until it got disbanned and then went to Aero.
I left Aero because the leader had some personal problems and quit, so the guild died.
I was with Pinnacle and left because I found the members didn't really do much. It was more of a social guild at the time. Lots of them were inactive, which wasn't a huge issue with me, but it was the fact that the active members didn't really want to do anything.
I was with Roofies for a short while. I joined because my friend went in and I left short after because I didn't like some of the things the members were involved with. Also there was a member in there, I couldn't seem to get along with. Rather than begin a long lasting argument, I just left the guild because, I didn't know many of the members.
I was with Zeroskills until it got Disbanded, and then Kakashi didn't start up a new guild after, and this was when i went to Pinnacle.
I was with Tithe also for a shirt period of time, but again I only joined because I had a few friends etc. and then left soon after.
RAINBOWS I had for a small while. I kept it going for the time I could, however I couldn't keep paying for the NX so due to this, I had to just close the guild.

Why Dreams?: Dreams is a guild that is well respected, and likewise has well respected members, who are in my opinion looked up to. All the members that iv gotten to meet and know weather it be for a long period of time, or just briefly seemed chill and had no problem helping or just coming along for a Shadow Missions. "Ask not what Dreams can do for you, but ask what you can do for Dreams". You were willing enough to help me on the countless times, and without hesitation. I in turn, would like to do my best to do the same for Dreams, and it's members and contribute to the community and hopefully make it more enjoyable and give my all to the members whenever I can. So my question is: What can I do for you Dreams?

Who has referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation :N/A Currently.

How long have you been playing?: I have been playing since G1. I started on a human, however around G2, I quit him due to my ignorance on how the characters skills and AP system worked, and created chance53.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?: I am mainly an archer. Iv got master of range, Arrow revolver and Bow mastery. I'm currently working towards the Sniper title. It is an accomplishment id like to achieve as well as the Barrier spikes master. Iv mastered a few other skills but nothing fancy. Smash, Assult Slash, and a few others. I'm trying to get every combat skill to r1 also.

Any other information you would like for us to know:
As far as some further information, There's not a lot to tell. I like to PVP and im up for all new things. As far as hacking, I don't appreciate it. Iv used it once, and never touched them again, and I don't like when other use them to take advantage over other players. As far as mods, I stay away from that, apart from tiara. This isn't the one that enables you to see CP etc. Its basically the version the simplifys things even more. I use basically to play the game. My computer is quite old and my connection isn't amazing (However I rarely Disconnect) But I cant enter Tara, or Tail without it so that is why I use them. Regardless, if this offended any member, I would be more than willing to remove Tiara. Thanks for the time taken to look over my app. I appreciate it ^^[url=<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/mabinogi20120208002.jpg/'><img src='http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8558/mabinogi20120208002.jpg' border='0'/></a> Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>]<a target='_blank' title='ImageShack - Image And Video Hosting' href='http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/mabinogi20120208002.jpg/'><img src='http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8558/mabinogi20120208002.jpg' border='0'/></a> Uploaded with <a target='_blank' href='http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us</a>[/url]


Last edited by chance53 on 09/04/12, 08:24 am; edited 3 times in total

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  Angelea on 08/04/12, 06:32 pm

Allow me to refresh your memory during your time with Introspect.
How long were you with Introspect for a mere 3m?
Can you explain your actions for taking a bribe to join a guild?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
GW2/Stormbluff - Just another mesmer
Aion/Israphel - Just another gunslinger

Angelea

Posts : 114
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 08/04/12, 08:41 pm

Angelea wrote:Allow me to refresh your memory during your time with Introspect.
How long were you with Introspect for a mere 3m?
Can you explain your actions for taking a bribe to join a guild?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ty For replying.
This Wasn't entierly a bribe. My friend wanted me to join introspect. I accepted and, he gave me a item which was worth 3m after the fact. This was also before I got to meet the leader very well. I had known the recruiting officer from not long before, and he just wanted me in. Shortly after, I also left that guild due to reasons with the leader and our personal lives. However shortly after that we resolved them and I was in his guild until he quit due to having a child, and he's been inactive to my knowledge since. As i mentioned before, I joined a lot a differant guilds and for a lot of stupid reasons. Iv made bad decisions in the past, and for that I wont deny. That is not at all my intentions for joining Dreams. I like the members that iv met, as i mentioned in my application, and I want to give back for what you have done for me. I apologize if my actions in the past had offended you when I was in introspect. I made a mistake that I don't plan on making again.
Again thank you for the response.

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  Angelea on 09/04/12, 12:45 am

By all means, I personally wasn't offended by anything or anyone as I no longer play Mabinogi. I'm posting the way how I see things quite bluntly. I can tell you one of Dreams' unwritten recruitment requirement is "loyalty to a guild", which is heavily reliant on the applicant's past history with the guilds he or she have akin to in the past. I advise not just to you but all applicants to reflect upon some of the most appalling actions and what progressions you have made for resolution. Apologizing does not resolve anything, humans learn from history and the past in order to advance themselves.

tl;dr/translation ver. - What have you done since to improved yourself? What proof can you show us Dreams isn't just another skipping stone on your guild hopping list?

_________________
GW2/Stormbluff - Just another mesmer
Aion/Israphel - Just another gunslinger

Angelea

Posts : 114
Join date : 2012-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 09/04/12, 07:08 am

Angelea wrote:By all means, I personally wasn't offended by anything or anyone as I no longer play Mabinogi. I'm posting the way how I see things quite bluntly. I can tell you one of Dreams' unwritten recruitment requirement is "loyalty to a guild", which is heavily reliant on the applicant's past history with the guilds he or she have akin to in the past. I advise not just to you but all applicants to reflect upon some of the most appalling actions and what progressions you have made for resolution. Apologizing does not resolve anything, humans learn from history and the past in order to advance themselves.

tl;dr/translation ver. - What have you done since to improved yourself? What proof can you show us Dreams isn't just another skipping stone on your guild hopping list?

From my understanding of a guild.. You join them to make bonds with the members, get to know them, become friends with them, and in turn it kind of acts like one large family. Lots of the guilds I joined were new guilds or just starting out, and at the time there was often a level issue between myself and other members. I experienced this in Osmosis also (Another guild I forgot to mention in my application) Where, I was just a lower level than a lot of the members, and so lots of things that they did, I did not feel I was ready for, and I did not feel adequate enough either. This was the case for quite a while, due to my internet connection because I was on dial up, so until about a year ago I did not do a lot of leveling, and mainly came on just to hang around friends and do things like arena. However, I understand this is now excuse. In contrast with what I said before, I didn't find myself making these bonds with the members of the other guilds in the past, but the times that I did, I was with the guilds until their Disbandment. When I look at the members in Dreams, there is a lot of long time members. People that when I fist noticed dreams, where in it, and they are still in the guild. That gives me confidence that there is something about this guild in particular that is different than other guilds, that keeps you long time members all so close knit, and this is one aspect of it that has really drawn me to you.

Ps. isalldrawingsfault.

Thank you Angelea for taking the time once again to read over my reply, I appreciate it (:

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  Casian on 11/04/12, 12:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Casian

Posts : 260
Join date : 2012-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 11/04/12, 01:01 pm

Casian wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry Casi but.. I dont actually know why you posted that lol. Was it your first screeny of us together? :3! Unless its what im selling, but I cant actually see o_o

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  Leidolf on 11/04/12, 01:10 pm

chance53: S>lvl 600 pally char nmfi

To me it still looks like your taking part into some shady activities.
avatar
Leidolf

Posts : 311
Join date : 2012-03-27
Age : 25
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 11/04/12, 01:55 pm

Leidolf wrote:chance53: S>lvl 600 pally char nmfi

To me it still looks like your taking part into some shady activities.

Ah, That was just a char I had that I made with paladin. I saw some guy buying an account with paladin, and so I set up a party. I didnt really use the char at the time so, I didnt really see what was wrong with letting someone buy him if they wanted it. Didn't think that would offend anyone Surprised My apologies if I did. If I knew it would interfere with my application, I wouldn't have done it.

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  SylvestreNic on 11/04/12, 02:43 pm

I just found this in Terms of Use.

6. Ownership, Licensing and Restrictions on Use.

6.1 Ownership.

Except for the personal information and content submitted by users of the Service, the Service and Software and all content included therein (including without limitation graphics, artwork, music, choreography, characters, character IDs, Forum IDs, account IDs, Cash Items and/or other items acquired or created in the Service, including through the Cash Shop) are owned by Nexon America or its licensors, and are protected by United States and other international intellectual property laws.

SylvestreNic

Posts : 209
Join date : 2012-03-27
Age : 24
Location : Montreal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 11/04/12, 02:55 pm

SylvestreNic wrote:I just found this in Terms of Use.

6. Ownership, Licensing and Restrictions on Use.

6.1 Ownership.

Except for the personal information and content submitted by users of the Service, the Service and Software and all content included therein (including without limitation graphics, artwork, music, choreography, characters, character IDs, Forum IDs, account IDs, Cash Items and/or other items acquired or created in the Service, including through the Cash Shop) are owned by Nexon America or its licensors, and are protected by United States and other international intellectual property laws.

Well, Im not trying to pinpoint this on anyone but, Iv got a friend in dreams who no longer plays and he would buy NX from me which is in that terms of use. But, as I said, If I knew it would offend anyone, I wouldnt have done it. My apologies if anyone thought this was to be looked down upon.

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 11/04/12, 02:56 pm

chance53 wrote:
SylvestreNic wrote:I just found this in Terms of Use.

6. Ownership, Licensing and Restrictions on Use.

6.1 Ownership.

Except for the personal information and content submitted by users of the Service, the Service and Software and all content included therein (including without limitation graphics, artwork, music, choreography, characters, character IDs, Forum IDs, account IDs, Cash Items and/or other items acquired or created in the Service, including through the Cash Shop) are owned by Nexon America or its licensors, and are protected by United States and other international intellectual property laws.

Well, Im not trying to pinpoint this on anyone but, Iv got a friend in dreams who no longer plays and he would buy NX from me which is in that terms of use. But, as I said, If I knew it would offend anyone, I wouldnt have done it. My apologies if anyone thought this was to be looked down upon.

And not going to lie but I didnt read the terms of use XD My bad.. Twisted Evil

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  cassa on 13/04/12, 01:01 pm

Hi chance53. Thank you for applying!

I have a few comments/questions for you.

Admitting to trying hacks once and selling accounts are two activities that are very frowned upon. However, I think it does go in your favor to have admitted to them. However, when you stated if you knew selling an account would hurt your application you wouldn't have done it. Does that mean that if it wouldn't have been brought up or been a concern to us you'd have no remorse for breaking the ToS and perhaps would consider doing it again if that opportunity presented itself?

What was your reason for leaving Tithe?

I've noticed you left guilds before due to arguments and inactivity. You've also stated making bonds with guildmates is important to you. That being said:

What would you yourself do to resolve arguments you had with other guildmembers?

What initiatives would you take to helping improve/promote activity within a guild?

Goodluck with you application.
avatar
cassa

Posts : 419
Join date : 2012-03-28
Age : 32
Location : Canada

View user profile http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  Keo on 13/04/12, 02:09 pm

Hello chance53 and thank you for considering applying to Dreams.

Also you seen to have a history of one guild to the next. Have you ever been guildless for a considerable amount of time or is it always "if one doesn't work its on to the next"?
avatar
Keo

Posts : 740
Join date : 2012-03-28
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 13/04/12, 02:40 pm

Keo wrote:Hello chance53 and thank you for considering applying to Dreams.

Also you seen to have a history of one guild to the next. Have you ever been guildless for a considerable amount of time or is it always "if one doesn't work its on to the next"?

Thanks Kio for the reply (:

Uhm, well its my brother who owns Pinnacle, So Normally if im guildless for a while, and hadnt planned on joining a guild I would just join his for the company, but its been a while since I was in his, and I was guildless for a while before I joined his guild also. Again, In the past I had joined a lot of guilds that wernt really growing guilds, and I always joined just because a friend or something Asked me to join. Dreams has been a guild that iv wanted to join in the past, however I didn't find myself to be strong enough, and so, I just never applied. This has been one guild that iv always just really desired to be in. In the other guilds, if something didn't work, or if I didn't find me and the members worked, I would just leave to cause the least amount of commotion, however I was in the guild for whatever reason, not generally because I wanted to be there. In Dreams, If a problem came up or just a difficult situation, I wouldn't simply leave even at a last resort. The guilds I was in, that I did remain in had a good community of players, and all people who were down to earth, and could take a laugh. Unfortunately the disbanded. Dreams, although its has fluctuated in the past on players in the guild that were active, the guild has always stayed together, and all the players seem to be pretty cool people once you start talking to them. This is what i'm striving to find in a guild, and I see it in Dreams more than any other guild, and so it would be an honer to join the ranks, and do what I can to help in any way in the rebuilding of the guild so to speak.

Again thank you for the time and efforts put in, to look at my application, and it is much appreciated (:

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  cassa on 13/04/12, 06:47 pm

Did you miss my questions? I noticed you answered Keo's but I think you may have missed mine. Please answer my questions before I cast my vote. Thank you ^^.
avatar
cassa

Posts : 419
Join date : 2012-03-28
Age : 32
Location : Canada

View user profile http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 13/04/12, 07:39 pm

cassa wrote:Hi chance53. Thank you for applying!

I have a few comments/questions for you.

Admitting to trying hacks once and selling accounts are two activities that are very frowned upon. However, I think it does go in your favor to have admitted to them. However, when you stated if you knew selling an account would hurt your application you wouldn't have done it. Does that mean that if it wouldn't have been brought up or been a concern to us you'd have no remorse for breaking the ToS and perhaps would consider doing it again if that opportunity presented itself?

What was your reason for leaving Tithe?

I've noticed you left guilds before due to arguments and inactivity. You've also stated making bonds with guildmates is important to you. That being said:

What would you yourself do to resolve arguments you had with other guildmembers?

What initiatives would you take to helping improve/promote activity within a guild?

Goodluck with you application.

Oh Sorry Cassa, I didn't see your question, and Thanks for your imput (:

As I mentioned before, I hadn't read the ToS so I didn't actually know that you couldn't sell an account. I cannot say that I would try selling an account again though, because, I use all my accounts to some extent so, No I wouldn't have tried selling them after.
Why I left Tithe. Well, when I was in it for the short time I was there, I just didn't seem to fit in with the members. I was more looking for a guild that was just into PvP, and that participated in the guild battle. I didn't really take the time to do things with the members, and at this time all I was really into was pvping. I was not interested at the time, in getting to know the guild or really anything on mabi at that time, due to some personal things. So, I soon left Tithe after. During my time with them, I'm not entierly sure if they were involved with hacking or anything, but after the fact I learned they did have some dealings with them, however I did not take any part in this.

Making bonds, yes I do believe that is essential to being strong in the guild to keep it close knit and like a family. I would like to share in that, the same way I see every other Dreams member do. Long time players, who have been in the same guild, have remained in it for a reason, and they become close, and not only does it make the guild strong as a whole, but you get to make, unique friendships with each individual member, and this is what I would like to be a part of.

As far as fixing arguments with guildmembers, I would do my best not to get in them. However if one did arise, I would much rather just apologize and take the blame, despite who is wrong or right, and resolve the issue immediately. If this doesn't work, I would try reasoning on why they were upset, and then go from there. If they member still has an issue with me, I would ask one of the senior members on their opinion on how i should handle the situation.

To help improve guild activities, I would try to do dailys regularly and page runs. Although these can sometimes just be drawn out and just boring, you still get to hang with the guildies and get to know eachother better <: and of course the guild battle, and encouraging the members to partake in it ^^.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into looking at my app Cassa. It has been appreciated ^^

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  chance53 on 13/04/12, 07:43 pm

chance53 wrote:
cassa wrote:Hi chance53. Thank you for applying!

I have a few comments/questions for you.

Admitting to trying hacks once and selling accounts are two activities that are very frowned upon. However, I think it does go in your favor to have admitted to them. However, when you stated if you knew selling an account would hurt your application you wouldn't have done it. Does that mean that if it wouldn't have been brought up or been a concern to us you'd have no remorse for breaking the ToS and perhaps would consider doing it again if that opportunity presented itself?

What was your reason for leaving Tithe?

I've noticed you left guilds before due to arguments and inactivity. You've also stated making bonds with guildmates is important to you. That being said:

What would you yourself do to resolve arguments you had with other guildmembers?

What initiatives would you take to helping improve/promote activity within a guild?

Goodluck with you application.

Oh Sorry Cassa, I didn't see your question, and Thanks for your imput (:

As I mentioned before, I hadn't read the ToS so I didn't actually know that you couldn't sell an account. I cannot say that I would try selling an account again though, because, I use all my accounts to some extent so, No I wouldn't have tried selling them after.
Why I left Tithe. Well, when I was in it for the short time I was there, I just didn't seem to fit in with the members. I was more looking for a guild that was just into PvP, and that participated in the guild battle. I didn't really take the time to do things with the members, and at this time all I was really into was pvping. I was not interested at the time, in getting to know the guild or really anything on mabi at that time, due to some personal things. So, I soon left Tithe after. During my time with them, I'm not entierly sure if they were involved with hacking or anything, but after the fact I learned they did have some dealings with them, however I did not take any part in this.

Making bonds, yes I do believe that is essential to being strong in the guild to keep it close knit and like a family. I would like to share in that, the same way I see every other Dreams member do. Long time players, who have been in the same guild, have remained in it for a reason, and they become close, and not only does it make the guild strong as a whole, but you get to make, unique friendships with each individual member, and this is what I would like to be a part of.

As far as fixing arguments with guildmembers, I would do my best not to get in them. However if one did arise, I would much rather just apologize and take the blame, despite who is wrong or right, and resolve the issue immediately. If this doesn't work, I would try reasoning on why they were upset, and then go from there. If they member still has an issue with me, I would ask one of the senior members on their opinion on how i should handle the situation.

To help improve guild activities, I would try to do dailys regularly and page runs. Although these can sometimes just be drawn out and just boring, you still get to hang with the guildies and get to know eachother better <: and of course the guild battle, and encouraging the members to partake in it ^^.

Thank you for the time and effort you put into looking at my app Cassa. It has been appreciated ^^



Also just to add on about Tithe, When I was in there I found that it was pretty inactive at the time. There wasn't more than a few members on when I was online. Also the members who were actually on, did not really do much from what I can remember. This made it hard to feel like I was a part of the guild, and I began to feel like even though I was in a guild, I still felt guildless. So after a short time, I left.

chance53

Posts : 138
Join date : 2012-04-08
Age : 23
Location : New Brunswick, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  Keo on 18/04/12, 08:49 am

Chance, although your effort to contact everyone in the guild can be seen as admirable, it seems that some activities you've come to involve yourself in are very questionable.

Some people don't feel comfortable or trust your ability to make decisions or appreciate the disregard you have shown in regards to being paid to join a guild and the selling of accounts which you don't seem to be concerned with or bothered by.

-Application Denied-
avatar
Keo

Posts : 740
Join date : 2012-03-28
Age : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chance53's Application

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum