Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiien`s application.

+2
Medic
Jeweldragona
6 posters

Go down

Chiien`s application. Empty Chiien`s application.

Post  Chiien 09/04/16, 02:31 am

In-Game Name: Chiien

Your real name or age (Optional): Silver, 24

Total Level and rebirths:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?: 4-6h a day, 10+ hours during off days from work.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild?
Sunrise – Sunrise was a guild me and Snowie made after coming from EU to NA
Resonanze – After Sunrise broke apart, Resonanze was the 2nd only EU guild in Tarlach where i`ve been for a year and where i currently am but i never really felt like i was part of it and never connected with its members.

Why Dreams?:
I don`t really have people i hang around with in this game anymore and Dreams is the only professional (as in high leveled people who know what they`re doing and have lots of knowledge about the game) guild i know due to Snowie who is basically the only person i still play with for occasional daily runs.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals):
XSnowie and Kneeshot are the 2 people who`ve known me since EU days.

How long have you been playing?:
2 years in EU, 4 years in NA.
I`ve been playing quite constantly on a daily basis, i`ve had 3 longer breaks in NA for about a year total.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?:
I could brag a lot about EU days but i doubt anyone wants to read that so i`ll just say i ended up being the highest leveled player in the server.
Currently i guess i can say that i`m close to finishing all skills.

Any other information you would like for us to know:
I am open for all kinds of questions so feel free to get personal with me.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Chiien`s application. Empty Re: Chiien`s application.

Post  Kneeshot 09/04/16, 06:03 am

Posting to confirm referral - I met him a long time ago back in EU. Definitely a reliable person for running content and a good friend.
Kneeshot
Kneeshot

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlesnowie 09/04/16, 06:38 am

Confirming my referral for the shiny orange Giant!

Kinda spent most of my time on Europe playing with him
He also got me to stop rebirthing at level 40 every 3 weeks. lol!
Littlesnowie
Littlesnowie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 09/04/16, 12:53 pm

Hello Chiien and welcome to the Dreams application process!

I'll start out with the simplest of requests.

We prefer the screen shot to be the whole screen including your character in it please.

In addition we also like to see the talent window as well.

Good luck and I'm certain there are more questions to follow!
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 09/04/16, 02:01 pm

Alright then, here you go.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 10/04/16, 12:32 pm

Thank you for your interest in Dreams, and for putting the full picture up.

What was the hardest transition for you to make when you moved to NA?

I'll come up with more but for now good luck on your application Chiien.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 10/04/16, 03:47 pm

I was actually quite happy to be able to start a new character because EU had been unplayable for at least half a year if not longer due to daily channel crashes and eventually we were left with no monsters and only way to level was with life skills.
We arrived to NA at a perfect time during black dragon event which gave a lot of black/white fixed dyes so i managed to buy myself a good gear fairly fast. Not to mention i got a compensation around 300k nx if i remember correctly.
I was never one of those people who complained about transition and most of our guild followed us to Tarlach so there really wasn`t anyone to miss either.
Sure i had more fun in EU than i`ve had in NA because how close the community was in there but... am i getting offtopic yet?
Well, to answer the question, only hard part was getting used to the lag in NA which was a reason i had my first long break from mabi but after i bought myself new pc, things improved a lot. (still not good enough to pvp but fine for everything else)

Thank you for your question. Very Happy (got a little nostalgic there)
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Medic 11/04/16, 01:02 am

Hi! I remember applying to Dreams because of a reason very similar to yours, too. How would you react if the guild was not like you expected? What if the community aspect of what you are looking for was missing? Good luck with your app! Razz
Medic
Medic

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 11/04/16, 03:41 am

Hello.

Honestly, i don`t have that many expectations that would make me regret joining. I feel like making bonds with the community is really hard now compared to what it was years ago. Because when people started out, everything was new and everyone needed help with dungeons or something and that was one of the biggest aspects for creating the community.
But right now i feel like there are only small groups of people who have known each other for a long time or have just started out themselves and rest of the community plays solo which includes party play with people just to get things done faster.

And i`m one of those people who is used to playing solo for past few years. If joining Dreams can change that, it would be great. If not, then nothing really changes but being around knowledgeable people who can help me when needed and hopefully who I can help as well, makes it already worth for me.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 11/04/16, 08:11 am

What do you believe keeps you interested in Mabi? And why do you believe you find yourself still playing it after so long?
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 11/04/16, 08:42 am

Because Mabinogi to this day is still the most interesting game i have ever played. My first online gaming experience started with Gunz Online which i played for around 7 years until it got shut down after which i found Mabinogi. I`ve played League of Legends for few years and Heartstone for about year and a half which are both really good games to me for their own genre but those two really lack on the community part. I`ve also tried countless of other mmorpg`s but none of them kept me interested for more than few months. Mabinogi just has its unique things that no other game has for me to the point where i`ve decided that if i ever quit Mabinogi again, i will completely stop online gaming because i know i`ll just pour my money into something that i wont stick with.

So with all the experience and fun i`ve had and all the effort and money i`ve put into this game, i`m determined to stay around until the game either gets shut down or i`m unable to continue for some reason.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Kneeshot 11/04/16, 05:39 pm

I have a question that might spark a little thought.

What are your current / future goals for Mabi? I understand you have most skills maxed out. Many people quit after finishing them all due to "finishing" the game.

This is more for curiosity sakes than anything, so don't feel pressured.
Kneeshot
Kneeshot

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 12/04/16, 12:09 am

Current goal is maxing all the skills.
After that i`d work more on getting a better gear and maxing my spirit weapon.

I`d still keep leveling to gather AP for possible future skills and to raise my total level. (Because i like big numbers)
Having an unlimited level cap was always one of those things about Mabinogi that kept me going. While in other mmorpg`s, after reaching the level cap, i`d quit because that felt like "finishing" the game for me. Most of the games supposedly only start after you reach the cap, however i was never into PvP or raids to hunt better gear. (Because why do i need better gear when i`m not able to use it to reach higher level)

I`m also interested about the coming knight system. Haven`t read about it much but if it`s anything like i imagine, it will give me something to do for a while.

But there`s always an option to just help out other players and socialize.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlesnowie 13/04/16, 07:15 am

To give this some life I shall ask a few random questions from other applications!

Favorite color, in-game and IRL, and if they differ, why?

Do you accept catgirls as our lords and saviors? (God damnit Joey!)

Money is tight, what would you cut off, TV or Internet?

Do you believe in Ghosts?

That's it for now!
Littlesnowie
Littlesnowie

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 13/04/16, 09:37 am

Favorite color, in-game and IRL, and if they differ, why?  Don`t have a favorite color but IRL i prefer darker colors (though i also like white shades) while in game i prefer bright colors (and again i also like black shades)
If you could just choose your in-game colors for free, i`d probably wear bright red and black but then again blood red would be nice too... more on a male though.
Why do they differ? It`s probably a matter of if i want to stand out or not.

Do you accept catgirls as our lords and saviors? (God damnit Joey!) No.

Money is tight, what would you cut off, TV or Internet? Is TV still a thing? Is this a trick question?

Do you believe in Ghosts? Kind of.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 14/04/16, 08:16 am

What is your thoughts on how an ideal guild gets along and functions?

Do you think guilds should serve the members?

You happen to have something considered costly/expensive that you either have multiple of, or just plain don't need/use. you know a friend wants it, but doesn't have the ability to provide the potential worth. What would you do?

And now, I am intentionally asking a very ambiguous question to see how creative you can get with your answer:
What is your favorite race and why?
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 14/04/16, 11:38 am

What is your thoughts on how an ideal guild gets along and functions?
I feel like you answered your own question. They get along and function like a guild should. But if i can add my own ideal, i guess they should worship me like their lord and savior (not catgirls)

Do you think guilds should serve the members?
I think that every member should have their individual abilities and no members should be treated differently than others. (could be different if they`re a close friend i guess)
Obviously there will be some people who are lower leveled and with less experience but everyone`s been there and no one ever handed out stuff to me. I left this question for last but i`m still not exactly sure what you meant with it so if i misunderstood you, please elaborate more.

You happen to have something considered costly/expensive that you either have multiple of, or just plain don't need/use.  you know a friend wants it, but doesn't have the ability to provide the potential worth.  What would you do?
I would expect them to pay for it still. I could hold it for them until they get the money and do some friend discount.

And now, I am intentionally asking a very ambiguous question to see how creative you can get with your answer:
What is your favorite race and why?

I like East-Asians because anime.
But if i look at mabi races, my favorite would depend on its play-style and since close combat is favored by me, i would have to leave out elfs who lack the ability to be on par with the other 2 races. When i made my giant character on NA it was because they had the potential to get highest str and melee damage but currently i`d prefer to play a human because final hit. There`s no creativity behind this, i just want to play the strongest class that suits me best.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 16/04/16, 09:54 am

1) How do you go about helping others?

2) What do you think you can provide as a unique individual in a guild?

3) How do you go about getting to know new people?

4) How well do you handle jokes?

5) Do you know any one else in Dreams other than your two references? If so, how well and what have you done in game with any Dreams members?

Last edited by Jeweldragona on 16/04/16, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added one more question.)
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 16/04/16, 12:14 pm

How do you go about helping others?
I consider myself pretty helpful. I like to explain things to people who don`t understand how they work, i`m always willing to join for shadow missions/dungeons if i`m available and i offer free services to people who are looking for it (enchanting, synth etc.. as long as it doesn`t take up too much of my time)

What do you think you can provide as a unique individual in a guild?
I`ll provide you with a helpful and active member.

How do you go about getting to know new people?
If they`re interesting enough to me, it will happen naturally.

How well do you handle jokes?
Words can`t hurt me. I probably take my own jokes too far sometimes tho, assuming that everyone is like me.

Do you know any one else in Dreams other than your two references?  If so, how well and what have you done in game with any Dreams members?
I`m not sure about all the people who are in there and i probably don`t have anyone else friendlisted either but i`ve done few runs here and there with some of them like Keo and Drawing who i can remember from back of my head but i don`t really know them at all and they might not even remember me as i`ve not spent too much time on ch7.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 17/04/16, 06:27 am

If you only get to know people you find interesting, how will you fit into a guild? Everyone is quite different and I am certain you won't find all of us "interesting"?
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 17/04/16, 06:47 am

I`m not sure what you mean with getting to know but i don`t think there are any guilds where everyone knows each other unless they consist of 10 members only. Some people talk less than others so even if they are interesting, i wouldn`t get to know them well and i`m not someone who would start individual conversations with everyone.
And my reason for joining isn`t creating a happy family.
I had an understanding that Dreams is more of a combat than social guild.
Getting along is one thing but getting to know them isn`t something you even plan ahead.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 17/04/16, 12:33 pm

While we are a guild that holds capable members who very much can solo all the content and are very "combat" minded- we are also a guild that is very social and close knit. Most of our members do consider this guild to be very close acquaintances or like-family. There is a lot of trust and comradery in Dreams. I think its our close bonds that hold us together but that is my opinion.

Knowing this now though, is this still a guild that you would like to become apart of?
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiien 17/04/16, 03:34 pm

I don`t go looking for a trouble and i feel like i`m easy to get along once i settle myself in.

Trust and comradery takes time but yes, i still want to become part of this guild.
Chiien
Chiien

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 20/04/16, 07:47 am

Sorry for the few extra days it took, I personally can be a bit busy during my weeks and wanted to ensure I heard the opinions and concerns of the members before closing this thread.

I would like to say that, we believe you'd make a good addition to our guild, but there is a concern about how willing you might be to open up and get to know us on a social level too.  As I'd mentioned we are very family-like and would like to see you become apart of that aspect of our guild as well as a member.

Your application has been Accepted.  Please apply at the guildstone- southwest corner outside Dunbarton wall.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down