Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toshimitsu's Application

+2
Roxxaz
Toshimitsu
6 posters

Go down

Toshimitsu's Application Empty Toshimitsu's Application

Post  Toshimitsu 22/04/15, 05:08 pm

In-Game Name: Toshimitsu

Your real name or age (Optional): Tin (25)

Total Level and # of rebirths.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?: I'm coming back from a 2 year hiatus. I do plan on playing again, but not to the extent that I'd be leveling at a break neck pace like I used to.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application:

Denied
Nyaknights
Osmosis
Conglomerate

I was also in my own guild for a while and do not remember the name since I just disbanded it after the 2 year hiatus. There are a few other guilds that I was in, but coming back from a long break and recalling 7 yrs of Mabinogi is a little harder for me these days.

Why Dreams?: I've been in and out of Dreams twice and each time I have joined and played, the players and faces change, but the commitment to strive for better is always there. I still remember a few faces that still talk to me on Skype from time to time and it's nice to have a close group of friends that are always there.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals):

Since I am coming from a 2 year hiatus, I feel that it is a bit much of me to be asking for referrals when no one knows my potential anymore.

How long have you been playing?: On and off since G3, so roughly 7 years.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?: I have played competitively for the first 4 years, striving to be in the 'top' since there were no leader board, it was all word by mouth. I do believe that at last check, I had over 40 R1 skills, a third of them mastered, but that's a rough estimate.

Any other information you would like for us to know: I work full time now so my schedule is not as flexible as it used to be. I will still be able to do things with people at night, but I'm also attending classes as well. Feel free to add me on Skype to get a hold of me easier.
Toshimitsu
Toshimitsu

Back to top Go down

Toshimitsu's Application Empty Re: Toshimitsu's Application

Post  Roxxaz 23/04/15, 06:38 am

Hi Tin:

I remember you, although I was never in Dreams at the time I do remember you back when I was applying a couple years back.

First and foremost, welcome back. Although I myself am not that active anymore, I still look forward to meeting you and getting to know you.

I just have a couple quick questions.

1). Why are you returning to Mabinogi now? Any particular reason(s)? Nostalgia? Bored?

2). I'm sure you're aware of the recent Combat Revamp, have you read up on it? How do you feel about Nexon making the game 100x easier than it already is?

3). In your two year hiatus, what other games have you been playing? Any significant life goals/achievements you'd like to share?

Good luck.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Toshimitsu 23/04/15, 07:16 am

Hello and thank you.

The revamp intrigued me and it was a reason to return to the game, plus once you play Mabinogi, there is no other game that comes close to it. Especially after you level up a high enough character and have poured all your AP into various skills to make your character unique. Nostalgia is not really a factor per se, but it does bring up memories when I talk to others about the game yes.

For the fact that it makes the game 100x easier, not too keen on it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it like all the other 'major' updates that have changed the game. It all boils down to if you min/max on the new system or not. I personally was a little irked originally when they announced the free rebirth system since I had paid for at least 170 rebirths worth over the span of 5 years. Like any other game that falls into the 'freemum' category, the microtransactions are what keep the game alive.

I really haven't peaked on many games in the past 2 years. I have ended up picking up another freemium game, Game of Thrones Ascent on browser or mobile. I guess some things don't change even when you leave Mabinogi since I ended up being a competitive player in there as well and ended up in top percentile without realizing it. Other than that, I haven't picked up any games other than on game night (Thursday) where the group I play with does D&D/tabletops. They were former Mabinogi players as well, but all quit prior to G10. Life wise, I have been working in retail while attending school. I work full time as a cake decorator at Sam's Club and am majoring in Information Technology in the hopes of landing a job as a software engineer upon graduation.
Toshimitsu
Toshimitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 24/04/15, 11:13 pm

Hi Tin!!!!

The last time you left we had talked, and I recall at that time I was very harsh with you. I told you if you applied again I'd be against it so I think this needs to be said. I've changed my opinion on the matter. I am 100% for your re-application.

Even after all these years and all the little arguments we've had from time to time (well not really arguments, they were more a difference in opinions or misunderstandings) we've never lost touch with each other. We are still able to talk to each other like old friends and I value that highly. So thank-you for that! That speaks loads to not only our friendship but the kind of individual you are in a positive way.

That being said I do have one question for you. If you were re-accepted and problems arose within the guild how would you handle things? Would you leave again?

I apologize if it is a difficult question to answer and I only ask because I can see past grievances possibly being a concern. However, I think if you answered that question it might help squelch some doubts ^^.

Good-luck with your application!
cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  Toshimitsu 25/04/15, 05:36 am

Hi Carissa.

People like to say that other people don't change and that their past defines them. I would like to think that I'm a different person than the individual that left 2 years ago to pursue something else. We see it all the time in these kind of games, long time players or pros quitting the scene to pursue life goals or just to do something else. I would probably be able to handle the pressures and differences well since I have to deal with differences in opinions all the time at work. I am the de facto supervisor at work. I deal with stress on a daily from just working with people. I think things that arise in a game would be easily mitigated and dealt with in a more calm manner than stress from work. I wouldn't leave out of anger or something along those lines. As stated earlier I would like to think that the me of today is a lot more level headed than that of myself from 2 years ago or even 4 years ago when I was first in Dreams.
Toshimitsu
Toshimitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeweldragona 27/04/15, 05:43 pm

The prodigal of ciar lobby wearing purple muffler has reared its head!

What do you look forward to the most since your return?

You used to be one of the pickier people when asking questions, what would you ask yourself? and respond with your answer.

Are you returning to Dreams due to familiarity? or because you feel that's the easier way to restart?

Look forward to hearing more from you!
Jeweldragona
Jeweldragona

Back to top Go down

Post  Toshimitsu 27/04/15, 06:33 pm

Haha. I did not think anyone remembered me from my Ciar lobby days. Then again that obnoxious muffler was a signature trademark I suppose. I am currently in the middle of midterms and end of course projects, but I look forward to the new skills that I haven't ranked yet. Content wise I would probably like to try a few of the newer dunegons/raids.

I used to be picky when it came to questions since I felt there was the need of that one person that would easily make an application's mood change just because of a few line of questions. My first original application on the old Dreams site was an what I thought an applicant's application should have been. Long lengthy and thorough. If you do not know someone's past as well as what they aspire to do in the game, are you willing to fully accept them into what could possibly be your second family? Afterwards I asked the guild's opinion about my application and they were just surprised that someone of a high total and no background was applying. I believe Rappard's nickname for me was 'Caveman' since I just disappeared at times and would not be seen by anyone for long periods at a time. Grilling people was fun since afterwards, if they make it in, there's really no hard feelings. Another reason for my picky questions is due to the nature of applications either being short and not fulfilling enough. Short replies mean that not enough thought was placed into answering or they expect that it will be enough to suffice.

I suppose returning to Dreams is due to familiarity since I have spent the majority of my time on Mabinogi with Dreams members on runs or the usual off topic chatter. Restarting for me was never an issue, it's about my free time. Unless you're not referring to motivation, but something else. Motivation is as always, that need for competitiveness. It's like a bad addiction that you just need to scratch to feel better and then be on your way.
Toshimitsu
Toshimitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Toshimitsu 27/04/15, 07:09 pm

I apologize for skipping over the question to ask myself and double posting like this.

Question I would ask myself would be do you plan on leaving the guild again if accepted in. A broad general question, but it is an all encompassing one. Meaning would I leave for any particular reason other than for personal crisis/real life situations. The answer would be that I have nothing holding me back other than responsibilities to work and my life outside of the game. The definitive answer is no. I do not plan on leaving. I would sooner go inactive than to quit the guild. I believe three times is the maximum on going in and out. takk originally stated that there were some people that would be allowed multiple instances of going in and out of the guild without penalities multiple times such as Azurai for their services to the guild. I do find that is a fine policy and all, but it does diminish the value of a membership into one of the more well known and established guilds such as Dreams. It was a different time and a different place back then 4 years ago.
Toshimitsu
Toshimitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotpocket 29/04/15, 02:55 pm

Exclamation
Hotpocket
Hotpocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 29/04/15, 05:46 pm

Application accepted- please apply at the guildstone, Toshi you know where it is.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down