Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyril's Application

+7
chance53
Hotpocket
Leidolf
Hiroki
Keo
Gadrien
Cyril0321
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cyril's Application Empty Cyril's Application

Post  Cyril0321 22/05/15, 06:32 pm

Hello,

Some of you know me, and some of you don’t. So to help you understand my personality better I will tell you that by nature I am an INFP. You can read more about what this is at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In short though, I tend to be idealistic, creative, passionate about what I do, open minded, dedicated, and I dislike conflict. It is difficult to get to know me in real life. It is probably much more difficult to get to know me online.

---

In-Game Name: Cyril0321

Your real name or age (Optional): Cyril (24)

Total Level and # of rebirths. Snap shot of your rebirth information is required, please make the maximum size of the snapshot 800x600 so it will not stretch that thread:

Like a true time traveler. These are my stats 1384 days~ ago! xD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?:

Currently I play mabi maybe 10 - 15 hours a week~

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild? (You must list all your previous guild(s) - we will conduct a thorough research. If you're in another guild at the moment. Please state what's your current guild on your application:

Kodocha - My first guild. Joined for fun. Just wanted to see what a guild was like in Mabinogi. I met good friends and I am still in touch with some people here believe it or not.

Zeroskills - My first experience in a serious guild. I enjoyed the organization and activities in this guild. Unfortunately I don’t believe I am in contact with anyone from Zeroskills anymore. I was not a popular member though. I wouldn’t know its old members lol

Visions - I am one of its founders. I was there from the start to when we said our goodbyes. I have been part of every decision, problem, and drama Visions has ever encountered. I was the person responsible for shaping the objectives and goals of Visions. The guild was fun and provided many memorable experiences to many players who were involved with Visions. Unfortunately we had to discontinue the guild. The main reasons for this are:

1. Those qualified to continue leading Visions had other priorities. As a result, no one was left to continue Visions’ leadership. Worse timing for me to quit I guess haha.

2. Some members felt there was nothing else to prove by continuing the guild. Without my leadership, some members felt Visions’ reputation may just go downhill. Some members voted that closure would be the best option.

I am happy to answer any questions you have about Visions.

Why Dreams?:

I have recently gotten back to Mabinogi after 4 years. Now that I am back, I am looking for a community to be a part of again. I find that Dreams might be a good choice for me because of the following:

1. Dreams is similar to Visions - I know we can argue how different our opinions are but to a good extent Dreams and Visions were similar. We both had players who were dependable and serious enough to make organized runs, and help other players progress. We have a good support system, and reliable leadership.  We are also competitive enough to keep our members motivated by challenges. We probably had similar member expectations and looked for the same qualities in recruits. I like this type of atmosphere, and even if this is not the case with Dreams anymore, at the least this concept will not be foreign to Dreams.
  2. I want to clear any past conflicts - Visions and Dreams had “conflicts” in the past. I hope that by being part of Dreams I can answer all your questions so we can finally put a closure to this. I’ve tried my best to explain how the conflict started and "ended" here
  3. League of Tarlach - This is probably too idealistic to understand. But it is my nature to be a Visionary… well a Dreamer now hopefully xD

One of Visions’ unfinished projects was developing “League of Tarlach” (http://leagueoftarlach.guildlaunch.com/). A brief description:

The League of Tarlach is an alliance of guilds dedicated to preserve a happy community in Tarlach. The game is getting older, the community is changing, new players are coming in and older players are leaving. It will be this formed group's objective to prolong the fun in the game so that new players will invite new friends and old players will stay longer.

The motivation for this is to better the Tarlach server community by cooperating with other guilds to organize activities that would preserve the fun in Mabinogi. In this way once we have enough presence, we can encourage new players to pick our server (instead of Alexina), and old players can continue to have fun and be part of our community longer (instead of quitting due to boredom). We wanted Tarlach to be remembered for its community. Most of the guilds we talked to about this were cooperative, but unfortunately we’ve had too many setbacks that prevented us from completing this goal.

The reason I am bringing this up is that I wanted Visions to spearhead this goal. However, since Visions is no longer around, I feel that Dreams may be the next best thing to accomplish this task. Since I am in Mabinogi again, I might as well still contribute to this ultimate goal.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals):

I am still in the process of finding referrals. Perhaps you guys can help me with that.

How long have you been playing?:

I’ve played Mabinogi since it started. I even have the beta tester title. I’ve quit 4 years ago. And now I’m back.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?:

In terms of Mabinogi, there are a lot of achievements that I am proud of. Mostly I am proud of all the creative works I have been able to make during my time in Mabinogi. I’ve designed the Visions site, created many graphics and wrote lots of music.

Some of these images and music sheets can be found here -> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and in Visions’ gallery [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you would like to listen to some of my music Here were some of them:

Visions Theme (Woodwind ver): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

League of Tarlach:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was able to develop some fun Autoit programs (https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/) to use for Mabinogi and Visions. One of them was basically a program that would respond to chat messages (specifically guild chat). If someone on guildchat said the activation word this program would start asking trivia questions. It would check people’s answers, give hints, and tell people if they are correct. It was a good pass time in guild chat. Never really made it active too many times though because my computer was always running another bot, my ego feeder lol.

I was also able to create a bot that would detect if my ego weapon was hungry, and feed it on its own. With this I was able to get my ego weapon to level 41 social pretty easily. I never intended to abuse the game with these bots though so I’ve never done anything where I would automatically loot gold or items or anything of that sort. Nor did I choose to advance my ego weapon too quickly lol. It just helped me get stronger even when I wasn't around to play.

Any other information you would like for us to know:

I’ve played other interesting games recently and do not mind revisiting them if anyone here wants to play them too. Perhaps we can play together.

Starcraft II - I am a mid Masters League Terran player a few years ago. My worst matchup is against protoss. My best matchup is against Zerg. I hate fighting against another Terran (the worst mirror match ever!), but I am surprisingly good at it.

Diablo 3 - I have characters in softcore and hardcore. My characters are equipped to do well in solo greater rift 50~. I like using my Demon Hunter for softcore. I use my Wizard for Hardcore. Just so people know, softcore is where you can respawn your character if you die. Hardcore is where your character gets perma death when he/she dies).

Hearthstone - I usually sit around rank 13 (There are 26 ranks in Hearthstone, 1-25 and then there is legend). The game is really luck based that it is sometimes frustrating lol. Right now my favourite deck to use is a Priest dragon deck with good early aggro and then control on the mid to late game.

Natural Selection 2 - This is an amazing asymmetrical RTS/FPS game that doesn’t get as much attention as it deserves like Mabinogi. I’m a decent shooter and a good alien player (if I Fade or Onos you may never kill me without support), but I excel the most taking the role of a commander. The game is like Starcraft but you talk to your soldiers to do what they need to do. I enjoy coordinating my team. It’s a really good feeling to be able to synergize with 5-15 other random people every game to do some amazing plays. Unfortunately when the team loses inexperienced players are quick to blame the commander haha.

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Cyril's Application Empty Re: Cyril's Application

Post  Cyril0321 22/05/15, 07:57 pm

Hello,

Sorry Gibby is one my referrals by the way but I suppose I still need to confirm another referral.

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Gadrien 23/05/15, 12:44 am

Morning Cy and welcome to the Dreams process!
Just chiming in for now to confirm I am her recommendation.
Gadrien
Gadrien

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 23/05/15, 01:44 am

Hello Cyril and welcome to the Dreams application. I have spoke with you in game a bit as well so I'll just skip to comments/questions.

First of all thank you for your personality type I too seem to fall into that category of INFP (Mediator). It was interesting and pretty accurate if I have to say myself.

Starting small- how does it feel to return after being gone for 4 years?

Do you have goals already set for your stay and do you intend to infact stay around on Mabi or is this more of a "test run" to see if you indeed wish to return?

I read your break down of your recollection of the incident with Dreams- and though I wasn't around/involved with it personally I find Takk being an instigator by way of "bad mouthing" and instigating publicly very out of character for Takk. Kuro is more understandable he very much so had a confrontational personality. So I'm wondering if there was also provoking from Visions. I've personally did see the "bad-talking" from both sides from various members in the past. I do thank you for taking your time to explain your feelings about the situation though.

Lastly- I did ask if you understood the requirements and I was under the impression you did so I wonder why then you felt so confident to apply without official refs- and "wing" it, or if you felt/understood that people would refer you?

I ask because usually people have confirmed referrals before posting an application not try to obtain in the process of it after applying is all.

Lastly for now- there aren't too many people you would have known in Dreams still around so its a bit unfair to say that there is remnants of that past drama still around- from Dreams's side at least, it was a long time ago and most people by now have probably forgotten about it or have no care for it.

But given that you personally were involved and around when that drama did take place- how does it feel on a personal level to be here today applying to the guild?

I think that is all for now- thank you for your time and good luck.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 23/05/15, 06:11 am

After a little thought one more thing came to mind. A lot of our elder members are "sleeping" but still in the guild and could possibly return at any given point. If an older member returned that may have been involved in the past conflict and they still had ill feelings from it- how would you feel/react in this situation?
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 23/05/15, 08:15 am

Hi Keo,

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I was worried that no one would read it because of its length!

It is a pleasure to meet another INFP. We are mediators and also labeled as "Dreamers" (https://www.personalitymax.com/personality-types/infp-dreamer). The first time I read about these surprised me a lot as well. It is scary accurate. It makes me wonder how people become these personalities and question if we really are all predictable according to our personality.

Being back after 4 years was overwhelming at first. Lag was my first problem. I did not lag before and I have a better computer setup 4 years ago so this puzzled me. I almost decided to forget the whole idea of returning because of it. Good thing I realized it was all those quest markers that have accumulated that was lagging me. Giving up old quests and turning off the quest markers killed the lag. It makes me think though that this "lag issue with quest markers" has most likely discouraged a good amount of old players returning already.

The next challenge was understanding the game again. All the new skills, gears that made my old equipment obsolete, and reforging - they were all very new to me. I made the mistake of having a friend who was up to date with these to explain all of them to me in one sitting. It was all data data data. All that information just made me want to give up immediately. I took another week~ off to reflect upon my decision to come back. During that time another friend who heard I was returning gave me support. Ultimately, I decided to give Mabinogi a try again because I miss the past connections I've had, and I am genuinely curious about the new content in Mabinogi.

I am still adjusting and culture shocked as a result of "time traveling". But with some time and support, I should be back on my feet!

Regarding my recollection of the incident with Dreams about Takk. Unfortunately Takk never gave me a chance to communicate with him so the only information I had about his behaviour was the few members who claimed he was an instigator. I did suspect that some members could be making up information because some Visions' members genuinely hated Dreams due to rivalry. So I went to investigate but unfortunately was met with silence from Takk and anger from Kuro. There are many things that could have been done to avoid this conflict, but it was surrounded with misunderstandings.

About my referrals, I actually realized my mistake after posting my application. Sorry to waste your time on this if you have to disqualify my application. In my defense, the only recruitment process I knew very well was Visions'. We had a referral system as well, but the applicants could get the referrals after sending their application.

As for remnants of that past drama, it is good to hear that people in Dreams by now have forgotten it or have no care for it anymore. I would expect this since Kuro said this himself, that "he doesn't care about this conflict anymore" (mentioned this as a reply to my initial post in Visions forum). I'm sure that reflected most of the older members' views as well.

Regarding older members who may still have ill feelings from the conflict. I would gladly prefer not to talk about the conflict anymore, but if an explanation is needed, I am willing to communicate. I have my doubts as well and in the worse case scenario, I may be forced to leave Dreams to avoid instigating further drama.

On a personal level I feel like I am taking a big risk and exposing myself to a lot of hate for applying here. Some of my friends from Visions in the past do have a natural hate for Dreams. A part of me feels like I am betraying all of them by being here. Things will definitely be different now as well since I was once a valued leader and a strong player and now I am willing to be a subordinate and a dependent player. This can be easily misunderstood. I just hope people understand that I am just longing for a community again.

I hope this answers your questions Keo. If have any further inquiries do not hesitate to contact me again.

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 23/05/15, 08:39 am

I'm thankful for your well thought out answers and the effort and openness you are sharing here I know that isn't always easy itself too.

Dreams though we do recognize sr members- still have a very bonded family orientated feel and currently no member really overrides or has more "authority" then the others, I value and respect each of my members opinions weather it is shared or not and approach each situation with their voices heard as clearly as possible. I believe very much that a guild functions best when members opinions are equal in value.

As far as feeling like you may be betraying or letting old members down I would like to reassure you that- you have older Visions members that are also now apart of the Dreams guild and are of this family too- and I'm sure they look very much forward to this application.

You still have friends and support and that says a lot especially when coming back from a long hiatus. Unless anything else comes up that was all the questions I have for you- again good luck and have a good day.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 23/05/15, 10:09 am

Thank you Keo. You do a good job leading Dreams. I am a strong believer that friendship carries on through the ages! xD

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroki 23/05/15, 03:47 pm

To my fellow guild members, I know I don't really play anymore, but I wanted to post on this app, because Cyril is one of the people that I respect the most on this game. She helped me out a lot when I was younger and didn't know how to play Mabi very well. She is a very loyal guild member and it has shown multiple times in the past; The most notable being taking over Visions when I decided to leave. She is always open to helping out other people and is really knowledgeable. Cyril is a person that we would be happy to have in our guild. I would be more than happy to be a referral if she needs anymore.

Hi Cyril, it's been a long time. I'm glad to see that you are back to Mabinogi!

Hiroki

Back to top Go down

Post  Leidolf 23/05/15, 04:05 pm

For old time's sake I'll be her ref too. She doesn't remember much about me after the 4 years break but I do remember our long friendship back in my noob days and I know she will make a great addition. Good luck Cycy.

Edit: I'm also a freaking mediator. So much for 4% people beeing it.
Leidolf
Leidolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 23/05/15, 05:01 pm

Thank you for the words of wisdom Hiroki. Yes it has been a long time. You must be all grown up now =P

Forgive me if I don't remember Leidolf. But maybe it'll get back to me eventually. We'll probably get to know each other even better anyway now that it looks like I have all my referrals.

Regarding the mediator personality, I suppose it is possible that we are all drawn together to the same type of game and community. This is why we're so common here! It is suitable though. Since we can all be dreamers together. Wink

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotpocket 23/05/15, 07:25 pm

Hello ^^

It is difficult to recall if we had any major interactions, but it is great to hear of older players doing well!

In reference to this drama between Dreams and Visions.

You stated:
"The conflict started because of a few individuals. In the past, as you know, Visions would do guild battles together with other guilds like Dreams. This is where I met Takk from Dreams. If you knew Takk, he is mostly quiet, but is also impolite and rude. After guild battles, Visions guild members would report to me that they were being badmouthed, particularly Takk was quick to insult them."

"Regarding my recollection of the incident with Dreams about Takk. Unfortunately Takk never gave me a chance to communicate with him so the only information I had about his behaviour was the few members who claimed he was an instigator. I did suspect that some members could be making up information because some Visions' members genuinely hated Dreams due to rivalry. So I went to investigate but unfortunately was met with silence from Takk and anger from Kuro. There are many things that could have been done to avoid this conflict, but it was surrounded with misunderstandings."

"I actually remember having conversations with Kuro before I quit. It wasn't easy but we made peace with each other. He would always ask me, "why do you care so much?". I suppose I ask the opposite. I ask why he doesn't care about hurting other people. Anyway, we eventually agreed to move on because "he doesn't really care about the conflict anymore." xD"

Piecing your quotes and some other information together, it appears this drama was strictly based on Guild Battle, starting with some pvp insults and misinformation, leading into a harsh disagreement between you and Kuroban, which was later solved. Essentially, this was inflated pvp drama?

If that is the case, then I believe at this point, that drama died off years ago and no longer exists (on the side of Dreams members at least ^^;;; ). So, I doubt there would ever be a situation involving this particular old event where you would "be forced to leave".

That, being in response to this quote of yours

"Regarding older members who may still have ill feelings from the conflict. I would gladly prefer not to talk about the conflict anymore, but if an explanation is needed, I am willing to communicate. I have my doubts as well and in the worse case scenario, I may be forced to leave Dreams to avoid instigating further drama"

Moving past that!

Other than games, have you been up to anything interesting in these last 4 years? ;o?

EDIT: To add, I think it is a great idea to help grow the Tarlach server. From my official quitting 4 years ago, I also have those "shock" moments coming on to play for about a week every year. Tarlach really fell in player activity ^^
Hotpocket
Hotpocket

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 23/05/15, 07:53 pm

Hotpocket wrote:Hello ^^

It is difficult to recall if we had any major interactions, but it is great to hear of older players doing well!

In reference to this drama between Dreams and Visions.

You stated:
"The conflict started because of a few individuals. In the past, as you know, Visions would do guild battles together with other guilds like Dreams. This is where I met Takk from Dreams. If you knew Takk, he is mostly quiet, but is also impolite and rude. After guild battles, Visions guild members would report to me that they were being badmouthed, particularly Takk was quick to insult them."

"Regarding my recollection of the incident with Dreams about Takk. Unfortunately Takk never gave me a chance to communicate with him so the only information I had about his behaviour was the few members who claimed he was an instigator. I did suspect that some members could be making up information because some Visions' members genuinely hated Dreams due to rivalry. So I went to investigate but unfortunately was met with silence from Takk and anger from Kuro. There are many things that could have been done to avoid this conflict, but it was surrounded with misunderstandings."

"I actually remember having conversations with Kuro before I quit. It wasn't easy but we made peace with each other. He would always ask me, "why do you care so much?". I suppose I ask the opposite. I ask why he doesn't care about hurting other people. Anyway, we eventually agreed to move on because "he doesn't really care about the conflict anymore." xD"

Piecing your quotes and some other information together, it appears this drama was strictly based on Guild Battle, starting with some pvp insults and misinformation, leading into a harsh disagreement between you and Kuroban, which was later solved. Essentially, this was inflated pvp drama?

If that is the case, then I believe at this point, that drama died off years ago and no longer exists (on the side of Dreams members at least ^^;;; ). So, I doubt there would ever be a situation involving this particular old event where you would "be forced to leave".

That, being in response to this quote of yours

"Regarding older members who may still have ill feelings from the conflict. I would gladly prefer not to talk about the conflict anymore, but if an explanation is needed, I am willing to communicate. I have my doubts as well and in the worse case scenario, I may be forced to leave Dreams to avoid instigating further drama"

Moving past that!

Other than games, have you been up to anything interesting in these last 4 years? ;o?

EDIT: To add, I think it is a great idea to help grow the Tarlach server. From my official quitting 4 years ago, I also have those "shock" moments coming on to play for about a week every year. Tarlach really fell in player activity ^^

Hi Hotpocket.

Yes unfortunately we have not interacted with each other too much in the past.

Thank you for assuring me that the "inflated pvp drama" died off years ago. This makes me feel more comfortable transitioning in.

The last 4 years I was pretty much focused on education and developing my career. I can share a lot of interesting things but I think I'll hold off on that until I know everyone lurking these forums (especially since this is public). Please understand that I don't want random people to know stuff about me. =]

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 24/05/15, 12:37 pm

By the way.

I've always wanted to make a music for Dreams as I did for Visions. I don't know if Dreams already has one but this is my take on its theme music:

Live play music:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MML (May have to redo this):

I feel like people perceive Dreams like the night. Some people like the night but others may see it shrouded in darkness so they fear it. Everyone will agree though if people look more closely, they will find it is actually very beautiful inside this darkness. I tried to capture this on my music.

With that said, if it's okay for me to ask a question? What did you guys think of Visions? (If you have an opinion. Be honest!)

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 25/05/15, 06:37 am

Hello Cyril!

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in Dreams! Despite my hiatus, I thought your app was worth coming out of the shadows to post on. Although I do not currently have any questions for you, I do not believe I can be used as a refferal for you at this time because of my inactivity. That being said I would still like to give my support. You may not remember me but, back in the day when I was apart of visions, you helped me out a lot and were a very knowledgeable player and good friend, as well as leader. I think that you would make a great addition to the guild.

If I can think of any questions to add, I'll make sure to post them in the future, I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Good luck!!

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 25/05/15, 08:33 am

chance53 wrote:Hello Cyril!

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in Dreams! Despite my hiatus, I thought your app was worth coming out of the shadows to post on. Although I do not currently have any questions for you, I do not believe I can be used as a refferal for you at this time because of my inactivity. That being said I would still like to give my support. You may not remember me but, back in the day when I was apart of visions, you helped me out a lot and were a very knowledgeable player and good friend, as well as leader. I think that you would make a great addition to the guild.

If I can think of any questions to add, I'll make sure to post them in the future, I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Good luck!!

Chance I do remember you well! You asked me so many questions back then. So it's okay if you don't have a question for me right now. I think it is about time you ran out of questions. =P

Thank you for your support on my application. It really means something. It is good to see more players I can recognize here!

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 25/05/15, 10:15 am

Well that hasn't changed about Chance he still asks a lot of questions.

As far as Visions I found like any other guild really- it had its good and bad members and depending on which one you had a run in with that would be the deciding factor for how one would feel about the guild and like many guilds then you had your friendly members and your arrogant ones.

I was in a smaller guild that would attend GB alongside Visions and Dreams sometimes and I was encountered with more rudeness and arrogance from the Visions members in those times. It would usually be someone from that end talking crap - I recall this happening and Nekostory being apologetic and talking to me afterward that became the door to our friendship.

From a personal view I think back then I received more openness from Dreams members and that would eventually become admiration- friendships and lead to me striving to want to be in the guild. I can't say that at any point Visions left me with a feeling of want- and I think for a guild that type of an impression is important especially when wanting to be looked up to in a community. But that's just my feelings about it.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 25/05/15, 11:59 am

League of Tarlach - This is probably too idealistic to understand. But it is my nature to be a Visionary… well a Dreamer now hopefully xD
love the cliche'

WOW I think since the time I myself have applied for Dreams I had not yet seen an app that could rival my own. LOL. hats off to ya.

Regarding past drama: I personally was never involved in dreams drama from WAY back whenever...I was more of an outside observer with maybe one or two small personal conflicts that actually had nothing to do with dreams, but simply the person(s) and likely said person(s) don't even recall...(I was newb then). I have been in Dreams a while now and have yet to see any real corrospondance to the issues that Dreams once had with Visions or otherwise. (just commentary)

questions:

*talk to me about your favorite color.
*What made you come back to mabi?
*As an experienced "leader" how do you feel you will benifit Dreams. Do you seek authority?
*Most likeable skill set to play with (or combination thereof)?

That is all for now. (follow up questions reserved based on responses)

Thank you and good luk
Whims

Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 25/05/15, 02:10 pm

Visions had its ups and downs a lot. I believe one of our greatest weakness was that we gave a lot of people a lot of chances to improve themselves. This can be actually be considered a strength depending on how you look at it but unfortunately bad members were not filtered fast enough because they abused our patience and kindness. We were very reluctant to ban our members, they were never done immediately. Bans in the guild were usually discussed over a few days and leadership had to be all in agreement.

In addition we were also known to recruit without focus on total level and how strong a player is relative to everyone else in the server. Our recruitment was focused on the player's personality, potential and growth. We understood that people are in different chapters of their lives so we gave everyone equal opportunity. We welcomed new and old players alike.

Having this structure made Visions a nice place to grow as strong players and have fun. Unfortunately, not everyone is content with helping other people grow so we were not the favourite "end-game" guild. And those who have not matured and developed their full potential yet (ahem Hiroki), often represented Visions in a bad light. So I could understand how Visions did not seem attractive Keo.

---
Now to Whimsguy's questions.

My favourite colour is red.

I came back to mabi to reconnect with my past connections and I am genuinely curious about the new content in Mabinogi.

As an experienced leader, I do not mind providing my input and guidance if needed. But I do not seek authority at all and would prefer not to be in any leadership roles at this time.

In the old mabi, we just had Combat, Ranged, Life, Alchemy, and Magic. I am strongest with Combat and Ranged, however I also have good life skills, Alchemy production skills + clay alchemy focus (r1 golem + barrier spike), and r1 thunder, ice spear, blaze, all bolts, and enchant for magic.

Let me know if you any other questions Whimsy.

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 25/05/15, 03:40 pm

I don't want to get back on past drama but I do remember now some of the thoughts that went around in Visions about Dreams. The old players who were part of Visions mostly frowned upon Dreams' attitude towards the community. For us, being a strong player means you have the responsibility to help others. However, we were frustrated to see that Dreams who had more strong players, did not care for others. We were always asking ourselves how some people can be so selfish, so unkind, and so irresponsible?

I don't know if this is true anymore about Dreams, nor if this was actually just a few people that ruined our viewpoint of Dreams. But I am joining here and keeping my values. I will still be helping our community grow while I am here.

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 25/05/15, 04:44 pm

If I recall even way back then Takk would always be found smithing on Mondays and enchanting on Thursdays and never asked for anything in return- he for a while was one of the only people to offer those services publicly and for no fee and that was a huge contribution especially during that time since there were not many people that had those skills ranked or available for others.

Today Dreams still strives in skills that benefit others in the community. I personally am someone that will help when possible, I believe a lot of my members are the same way and help when they can and I say that very proudly because I know it isn't seen often enough.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lesliie 25/05/15, 05:00 pm

Hi Cyril,

Very nice and well presented application Smile Already got people questioning your history so I won't go into that.

Are you studying by any chance? and what are some outside commitments you doing?
Any set goals for Mabinogi?
Are you rich? give money pl0x
Want to be best friends?
Lesliie
Lesliie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 25/05/15, 05:44 pm

Yes I do remember Takk for that. Unfortuantely I was never able to communicate with him to understand him better. He was very quiet and always did not reply. I don't know if he intended to be rude but unfortuantely it came out as that. It made me think he really just cared about ranking his skills and for the bragging rights that he was the first one to master them before anyone else.

It is good news to hear that Dreams recently has been active with helping the community. I am hearing that from many sources already. Specially from you Keo. You've been very helpful and I really thank you for that.

---

Leslie thank you for your questions.

I am currently not studying at this time but I do have outside commitments that limit my ability to play.

My goals for Mabi are to update my gear, try the new skills, and explore all the new storyline content. I am still thinking how long I will be staying in Mabi. Recently I've noticed that I've been "zoning off" a lot in real life since I returned to Mabi. It really has affected my focus on my conversations with people. Being back in Mabi has made me think a lot about many things. So I'm really considering if this is actually healthy for me or not.

Am I rich? Like in real life? Well that's a matter or perspective but I do not believe I am. In game, I'm going by okay I suppose. I left myself 20 mil before I quit and I've tried to use that money to update my gear. I've also been able to sell stuff from the old mabi. So right now I'm sitting at around 10 mil right now actually. But I still have stuff to sell so I think I will be okay.

Sure I suppose we can become acquainted and become friends. I am very picky with my friends though. =P

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Toshimitsu 25/05/15, 05:45 pm

Hi Cyril. We talked some in game and I would like to wish you luck on your application.

To clarify on what Dreams was then and is now, the guild as a whole seemed to give off the elitist vibe, but that's only the front face that people see. When you take the time to look at the guild once you're accepted in, you see that it is actually split down into smaller cliques, or was since this is no longer the case. In the past we all had our differences, but the guild as a whole pulled together for some projects such as public enchanting/smithing/services that we still do, but don't really do anymore since most of the server is at this point and time R1 in most of said skills. At one point, we had a rotation of 7~11 R1 enchanters to cycle through for public enchanting if we really needed to offer the service, but never really tried to take away from others that were ranking the skill.
Toshimitsu
Toshimitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 25/05/15, 06:29 pm

I guess I see how you might interpret Takk being that way but it wasn't directed to any particular person it was to everyone- Takk didn't talk in public general chat period- it wasn't rude it was actually quite the opposite- to avoid conflict and many people were aware that Takk just "didnt" talk and most weren't bothered by it. He talked with the people he knew and trusted and that was in guild and that was it- other then that people knew and were given the information of where he would be and how to get a hold of them if they'd needed help with anything he could help with and he was very diligent and time giving that way.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next