Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnkilla's Application

+8
cassa
Leidolf
Littlesnowie
Whimsguy
Roxxaz
Gadrien
Keo
Johnkilla
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Johnkilla's Application Empty Johnkilla's Application

Post  Johnkilla 23/05/15, 04:53 am

Hello, I just want to thank you guys now for giving me the opportunity to apply, I hope the application process goes well and I'm able to join you guys soon.

In-Game Name: Johnkilla
Your real name or age (Optional): Jonathan Perales, age 21

Total Level and # of rebirths:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How active are you in game?:  I log on for at least a couple hours every day to run dailies, farm materials in dungeons, and open my shop in Belvast.

Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild?:
Soloist, Ascend, Visions, Circle, and Ignoble are the most notable guilds I've been in.  It's not so much that I'm looking for another guild as it is that I've been wanting to join Dreams.  I treat each guild I'm in as a family and have always left on good terms, and hopefully Dreams can become a permanent home for me.

Why Dreams?:
Ever since Keomio took leadership, I've seen the guild become one of the most friendly, fun, and active guilds I've ever seen.  While I may have had other guilds that have provided that, Dreams has been the only one to not only stand, but thrive, and I hope to grow with the guild for the foreseeable future.

Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals):  Littlesnowie (XSnowie) and Gilbert

How long have you been playing?:  Played the beta under another account name for a while, but didn't return until late 2008.

What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?:  I know this might not sound like a big deal, but mastering my knight skills.  Not just for the skills, but because it was then that I started focusing on character growth.  Basically, it was the moment that I decided to one day become an elite player and finally be rid of my forever scrub status.

Any other information you would like for us to know:  A lot of you may already know me or have heard of me, in both good ways and bad ways.  I'm an open book, and completely honest towards any questions you guys may have about me, so please, ask away.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Johnkilla's Application Empty Re: Johnkilla's Application

Post  Keo 23/05/15, 05:23 am

Thank you for your interest in Dreams.

I first want to ask about a statement you said "I treat every guild I was in like family and left on good terms"- however I believe that 2 guilds you listed, Circle and Ignoble are still around so what caused you to depart from these families of yours?

I haven't personally had a bad run in with you however I have witnessed others around you and there is a negative reaction between other players and you- why do you believe you run into these situations with others?

Your Rb and Exploration level are considerably low especially with how easy it is to level and the fact that your character has been around for years- even with breaks etc- one would think you'd aim for more ap to contribute to your skill growth, why is your ratio so low? Do you intend to improve this and how?

Other then dailies-dungeons and a shop what do you feel you personally have to offer that would contribute to a guild be it on a personal level or an in game level?

That is all for now, good luck.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 23/05/15, 05:56 am

I first want to ask about a statement you said "I treat every guild I was in like family and left on good terms"- however I believe that 2 guilds you listed, Circle and Ignoble are still around so what caused you to depart from these families of yours?

I left Circle during an extended hiatus. During that time, the guild had been partially dead and I knew I wouldn't be able to get on for a few months due to obligations at my job. I'm still close friends with Kevy, the current leader, so while I may not wear the Circle name anymore, they are still family to me. Ignoble is my current guild, and I had already been talking with Xehr about leaving and moving on to do other things, the original idea was to start my own guild, but I felt it better to join a more established, active guild. Ignoble, unfortunately, only ever really has 2 or 3 members logged on at a time, including me, Xehr, and his wife Lafedell. IMO it's a pretty empty guild chat 99% percent of the time.

I haven't personally had a bad run in with you however I have witnessed others around you and there is a negative reaction between other players and you- why do you believe you run into these situations with others?

-sigh- unfortunately I know the incident you're talking about. I let a couple trolls get under my skin when they found out I had lost my apartment a few months back, and ever since then I've been a target of harassment. I should have just ignored them, I've learned from that, and they don't bother me anymore. Other than that, it's really the only incident where I've had any reason to blacklist anyone.

Your Rb and Exploration level are considerably low especially with how easy it is to level and the fact that your character has been around for years- even with breaks etc- one would think you'd aim for more ap to contribute to your skill growth, why is your ratio so low? Do you intend to improve this and how?

For the longest time I was a casual player, taking breaks here and then, I didn't start to effectively level until about a year ago, before then most of my time was spent making money. Since then I've been making sure I don't rebirth until I reach at least level 100, I try to get Exploration to 40, and despite what my talent window looks like, I've actually ranked up Magic by a large amount, but the AP is currently being allocated to my Ninja tab due to recently using an all skill reset capsule (currently have 600 AP left), so once I have the AP again after mastering Ninja I plan on re-ranking Magic and then working on Gunner.

Other then dailies-dungeons and a shop what do you feel you personally have to offer that would contribute to a guild be it on a personal level or an in game level?

I'm incredibly generous, I tend to help others complete their wishlists more than my own, and I'm always willing to help people and tag along whenever asked. I've also been known to give large discounts to friends and guild members, as well as giving away any rewards from dungeons or shadow missions that I won't personally use, but hopefully someone else can, otherwise I just sell it if no one needs it. I'd also like to think that I'm nice and sociable, and I'm willing to open up to others who are willing to do the same with me. Honestly, one of the biggest things that drew me to this game in the first place was the social aspect. Out of everything else in my life the past few years, this game has been the only constant in my life, it's provided comfort for me, which is something I want to do for others too, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 23/05/15, 06:02 am

Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot to add this but I was also a member of Rayout and later Lostones. Out of all my previous guilds, Rayout was the one I was incredibly sad to see go. Both guilds I left once they were good and dead, but Spooklee continues to be a close friend of mine and I chat with her on a regular basis

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 23/05/15, 06:07 am

Dreams can become very quiet especially during school terms/midterms and throughout the days as our member base is that of a more mature age group and people work and have school and are preoccupied. That being said sometimes there are only a few people around and guild chat can die down quickly. Is this something that would be a problem for you since you seem to want a more active guild?
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 23/05/15, 06:17 am

Not at all because I can be the same way. I have a job, bills, and a couple classes that keep me occupied when I'm not on, but most of my free time is spent here, though as I have recently bought a house I may not be on as much since I'm still moving furniture. I understand that responsibilities come first, and for a lot of people Mabinogi isn't the only place they spend their free time.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gadrien 23/05/15, 08:30 am

Hello Killa! I am confirming that I am his referral. I'm also here to drop a question!
Hailstorm, Meteor Strike, or Lightning Rod. Which is your favorite and why?
Gadrien
Gadrien

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 23/05/15, 09:02 am

Found another Ascend member Kappa
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 23/05/15, 12:01 pm

Gadrien wrote:Hello Killa! I am confirming that I am his referral. I'm also here to drop a question!
Hailstorm, Meteor Strike, or Lightning Rod. Which is your favorite and why?

Hailstorm, because I started out as an ice mage in this game. Ice magic 4 lyfe son.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 23/05/15, 01:08 pm

Roxxaz wrote:Found another Ascend member Kappa

Roxxie babe <3

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 25/05/15, 12:29 pm

Greetings,

I'v seen you around, but I don't know you.
What would you do/say to get to know me better?

scinero: money is tight...do you cut the cable/TV or the internet?

What is your favorite color in game and IRL if they differ...why?

How many rainbows dose it take to find a pot of gold? (do you kill the leprechaun when u find it?)

I don't really have any technical questions, but that could change.

Thank you,
good luk with your app
Whims

Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 25/05/15, 12:36 pm

Whimsguy wrote:Greetings,

I'v seen you around, but I don't know you.
What would you do/say to get to know me better?

scinero:  money is tight...do you cut the cable/TV or the internet?

What is your favorite color in game and IRL if they differ...why?

How many rainbows dose it take to find a pot of gold? (do you kill the leprechaun when u find it?)

I don't really have any technical questions, but that could change.

Thank you,
good luk with your app
Whims

I'd run missions with you or invite you to come to a dungeon with me, probably chat with you if neither of us are doing anything, tell you a bit about myself or what's going on in my life right now and invite you to do the same.

Well I don't have cable but I'd pawn the TV and game system since those are pure luxuries, I use my laptop and internet for work and school.

Favorite color is red both in-game and IRL, because who doesn't look good in red?

The answer is always 42.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 25/05/15, 12:48 pm

HEADS UP!!!

HERE COMES THE GALXEY HITCHICKER!!

WORD!!
Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlesnowie 25/05/15, 08:33 pm

Confirming my referral, have done a lot of fun stuff with him in the past.

I'd post questions too but I'm reading something heavy right now and my eyes keep tearing up, I'll post something better later if I don't forget.
Littlesnowie
Littlesnowie

Back to top Go down

Post  Leidolf 26/05/15, 12:40 am

I just finished going through all your forums posts on Dantemao. Seriously what are you doing here.
Leidolf
Leidolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 26/05/15, 12:59 am

It has been brought up that you have mentioned Dreams in the forums in the past and a few members that are still in the guild from that time are still offended.

Here is a post from the forums on 04-11-2012, 11:10 AM:

No, we hate you because you're self-glorified, elitist pigs who would rather suck this game dry for your personal entertainment rather than help it thrive.

We hate you because you're terrible people. Maybe it IS just a couple of people and not the majority of the guild, but at this point, all your good people left, and you're only left with the people that only serve to drag the name of Dreams out and take credit for what the better half of the guild has done. Which was hardly anything.

Now let the guild die already.

and on another post 04-11-2012, 12:00 PM:

Dreams has been known for senselessly screwing with people, they're heartless trolls.

Now the "few" people who remained in the guild at that time of "dying" was Casian, Myself, Cassa, Sylvester and Leidolf.

We did not allow Dreams to die and have worked very hard to recreate it to be a guild that isn't just admired- but respected.

If you have anything so say about this post- or to explain, could you please do so.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  cassa 26/05/15, 01:06 am

Hello Johnkilla.

I' believe the intial post for the first quote Keo mentioned is here:  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Later in that post I attempted to talk to you about the issue to which you never responded and to this day have yet to say anything to me:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

So I'd like to ask a question myself as well.

We still have the same recruitment process.  We still have a lot of veterans in our guild.  Older members such as Hotpocket are also around rarely from time to time.  That being said what is it that changed your opinion of the guild and made you decide to want to apply?

Good-luck with your application.
cassa
cassa

http://carissas.wix.com/cassaoftarlach

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 26/05/15, 09:03 am

Wow, okay, I don't even remember having such an opinion.

All I can really say now is that I was wrong back then for having made such a generalizing post and grouping you guys with people who probably had nothing to do with you guys in the first place. I didn't even try to understand and if this disqualifies me from getting into the guild then I completely understand. The guild may have changed since then, but that doesn't make my opinion back then any less wrong.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 26/05/15, 11:08 am

I just want to clarify on why I had that opinion. Back then, there was a lot of people messing the game up with pake for a lot of players, and a lot of those people were higher leveled and used to associate with people from Dreams. I'm not saying they were IN Dreams, and frankly I don't even remember the names of the people, but that gave me the impression of "A couple Dreams members are friends with pake users, so all Dreams members are pake supporters" which I've learn long since then that this was not the case. I was wrong in doing so and I've changed since then. I've learned from it but I realize that saying that alone won't absolve me of what I said, and given the chance I hope to convince you guys in time that I'm a better person now.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tairiku 26/05/15, 01:20 pm

Mmm... You say you have no memory of making such a comment only to clarify afterwards why you made it. Did you remember the context in which it was made?

Also... you have a bit of a notorious history in regards to the forums and, to a somewhat lesser degree, in-game of being argumentative/trolling/etc. Much of which might have someone generally wary of you who remembers, so if you were trying to prove to that person, or to anyone for that matter, that you've changed how would you go about that.

In addition, while I understand you no longer view that Dreams by association was as bad as those they may or may have associated with; do you still have the general view that anyone who or has associated with someone who has done duping/hacking/etc is, by default, as bad as the perpetrator?

Tairiku

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 26/05/15, 01:37 pm

Well, I have a bad memory, but if anything is brought up that I did in the past, it usually comes back to me. I do know that I've gotten into arguments with people in the past, mostly because back then, I would overprice things that I would sell, or act high and mighty when it came to talking about people who use mods or hacks. I was a douchebag, and the only thing I can do to prove that I am not that person anymore is through time. I'd like to think I'm a better, more humble person now than I was before. I was a kid back then, I've grown up since then, moved out, got my own place, have a job etc. While I know that it's no excuse, and I'm not trying to make any either, this was years ago, and a time when my character Johnkilla was blackrobed for months, so my hate for pake users and their friends was...amplified.

And when it comes to people who associate with hackers, I don't see them in a bad light for the simple fact that sometimes, people just don't know, I know it came as a surprise to me when a lot of people I knew were banned. In the end though, I've grown out of my self-righteous phase and came to realize that although they're breaking the rules, it's just none of my business to act superior to them. Yeah, I'll report it when I see it like always, but to put them on a public stage and shame them or anyone associated with them is really messed up. I know I'll never use it, so that should be enough for me to enjoy the game.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  chance53 27/05/15, 12:40 pm

Hello Johnkilla, and welcome to the recruitment process.
First and foremost I'd like to say, good luck on your application. It can't definitely be a hard thing when the skeletons (which we all have had and like myself probably forgot about I might add) come into play. I personally was never around during this period, or at least didn't hear about it. At this time I do not have any questions for you, but it is admirable that you seem to be fairly straight forward about explaining yourself rather than trying to deny or hide it. Sometimes giving time to prove you're different is the best way to show it. If I have any questions I'll be sure to ask, and once again good luck.

chance53

Back to top Go down

Post  INocturne 30/05/15, 08:25 am

Hello Johnkilla,

Welcome to the application process for Dreams, Not only do I welcome you, But I wish you the best of luck henceforth.
As someone who tends to look beyond ones past, I'm going to ask you directly - Given your past history, Regardless of what was said and done, Could you name three situations in your mabinogi "career" that you regret to the fullest, and why?

That'll be the only question of your past I ask, Now allow me to tend to the future questions, Where being generous and helpful to fellow guild members is fantastic and all, I personally do not feel that to be any sort of bonus.

Most if not all Dreams members are established enough to be able to mend the gap if it be money, ap, or character strength.
So what else aside from your generousity could you provide?

The question of accomplishments has been asked, So whats something you wish you could go back in your character and fix.
Example) Mine was fiddling with Alchemy, In hinsight there are much more useful skills to be ranked then Alchemy for me personally.

If you were to discribe yourself, both past, present and future, What would you describe yourself as?

And lastly; You're caught between a rock and a hard place - A old friend of yours is hassling you to join their guild whilst you're in Dreams, What do you do, and why?

If any of this questions are deemed unfit or to personal to answer, You may simply skip them, I won't take any offense to it.

Once again, Thank you again for going through our Application Process, while i may seem tedious and difficult at times, I ask you understand that Dreams is a Family, And we cannot just allow anyone into a Family.

Thank you, and have a lovely day/night.
-INocturne
INocturne
INocturne

http://www.twitch.tv/iAvaroth

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnkilla 30/05/15, 12:42 pm

Besides my generosity, I can DPS hard when needed. While my cumulative level may be low, all my AP is focused on STR and Will skills, and with the use of a skill reset capsule I was able to get 8k AP back. The reason for that is even if I'm in a hiatus, I would always come back for any AP events, even if only for the duration of the event. Personality wise, I am actually a fun loving person willing to help anyone out when they ask. I'm not one to shy away from a challenge and I plan to improve on any shortcomings I have in the future.

My first biggest regret is not being able to attend Jumbo's funeral ingame. He was a member of Rayout and someone that always believed in my strength and willpower. He saw my potential not only as a character in a game but also as a person, which is something I struggled to see in myself in the past, so when I saw the news that he had passed, it really hurt.

My second biggest regret has been not being able to help out with the Tarlach fair each year other than helping with donations. By the time the fair rolls around I'm always busy with work and unable to make much of a commitment to the fair.

My third biggest regret is not having made the decision to improve my character efficiently a lot sooner. That hasn't stopped me from being a strong player but I know that if I had used my time more efficiently that I could have been a lot stronger by now.

If I could go back and fix something about my character, it would be...not taking years to rank up windmill. Besides that, nothing much. I got the opportunity to fix a lot of things about my character when the perfect skill capsules came out.

The only way I could describe myself in the past would be two words. Arrogant jerk. I thought I knew it all. I obviously didn't. My present self is still learning a lot. I found it was more fun and fulfilling to hunt for things ingame myself rather than stand around in dunbarton all day and buying anything I want. All I can really say about my future self is that I hope I can bring out my good qualities and get rid of the bad ones. I'm not perfect, but I do everything with the intention of being a good person, and I think that's good enough for now.

If a friend hassled me to leave Dreams to join his guild, I simply would refuse and hope it doesn't affect our relationship. If it does, then I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

On a side note, I've done business with you before and I know you're a trustworthy person, I'm glad to see you're in Dreams.

Johnkilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Whimsguy 31/05/15, 08:16 pm

Johnkilla wrote:Besides my generosity, I can DPS hard when needed.  While my cumulative level may be low, all my AP is focused on STR and Will skills, and with the use of a skill reset capsule I was able to get 8k AP back.  The reason for that is even if I'm in a hiatus, I would always come back for any AP events, even if only for the duration of the event.  Personality wise, I am actually a fun loving person willing to help anyone out when they ask.  I'm not one to shy away from a challenge and I plan to improve on any shortcomings I have in the future.

If I could go back and fix something about my character, it would be...not taking years to rank up windmill.  Besides that, nothing much.  I got the opportunity to fix a lot of things about my character when the perfect skill capsules came out.

*Can you please clairify for me that you got 8k AP back on Johnkilla character from skill resets?
and HOW did you manage this with a total level of roughly 3200 ish? even with double rainbow and daily ap bonuses and exploration...I find this number "8k" to be a little ..hmm...Radical. like since 2008, that means you pretty much ONLY leveled up during double AP events. that's the only conclusion I can come up with that would make this number plausible. which you kinda said...but Im pretty sure that you weren't always on haiatious popping in only for ap events. particularly Prior to the times when nexon first began 2x ap events. afterall you did say you had been with the game since beta....(on a different account) when did you start Johnkilla?

*WM and refining were the first skills I Mastered....back in the day...it was way more difficult....and time consuming...however having said that I do not regret it...it was the foundation for building the stats that I have now...it was very necessary back then to rank WM so I do not feel it was a waste of time, even though once tallents arrived etc. I could have used soo much less time, and way easier on weapons.
the question is...do you regret ranking WM or simply the time it took?

Thank you
Whims
Whimsguy
Whimsguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next