Dreams (Mabinogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runeryder's Application

+6
Cyril0321
Littlesnowie
Keo
GHOSTLYBARD
Trees
Runeryder
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Runeryder's Application  Empty Runeryder's Application

Post  Runeryder 25/10/15, 11:37 am

• In-Game Name: Runeryder

• Your real name or age (Optional): Caitlyn / 21

• Total Level and # of rebirths: 3837 / 84
    Image:
    -Why is your total/rb ration so low?:
    A) As stated below in my active-ness answer: There were times of hiatus where all I did was come back and rb, and not really level, due to lack of time to commit to leveling.
    B) I was and still am a slight part of the "Fashionogi" subculture of Mabi...though I hope to change that...or am in the process of changing that. (It is a slow process...sorry.)
    C) I have issues doing stuff solo? Overall I prefer to run things with people, rather than by myself...soloing stuff just isn't that fun to me? I like interacting and socializing with people...in and out of runs. Though that does not mean I cannot solo when I want to, it is just that I prefer group runs???

• How active are you in game?: Currently, fairly active (though there are times of AFKing, but I typically am up to run and do stuff unless otherwise stated), in the past there were periods of hiatus due to college, and other in real life priorities I was facing. Though I will state that I am currently looking for a job, so once I get a job my active hours will decrease.

• Joined any previous guilds? If yes, which one(s) and why are you looking for another guild?

-JpPride -Sosarians -Zombie -Sanctusaros -Gaurdia -Wake (Guild Leader) -KOOLAID -BLADEMOON -Kingseal - Eternalism -Smores -Hunterz -Personal -Zeul -Asylium -Woah -Hackshield +Potentially others.
    - Why so many guilds?:
    A) I was young, and didn't really have the maturity to stick with one guild, so I became a bit inclined to hop around and meet new people.
    B) I liked helping friends create their own guilds and really be apart of that development.
    C) Well...I will admit...there was drama...but again, I was young, and not experienced in the world to really grasp life and to approach situations with a level head.
    D) Then there were the "PLEASE JOIN US!!!!" situations of recruitment's that just lead to inactivite and essentially dead guilds.
    E) Hope that answers that bit for you? Please ask more on this topic if you would like to know~
    -Why am I looking for a new one?: Well...Hackshield (my most recent guild) sort of died? There were typically only one or two other people online besides myself...so yuh it died...and now I am looking to join Dreams.

• Why Dreams?:
    A) Dreams for me = one of the oldest, prestigious guilds one can be accepted into. I remember looking to Dreams back when I was really starting Mabi, and seeing some of the strongest and most knowledgeable players of Tarlach. It continues to be a beacon of Strength and Knowledge...and I want to be a part of that?
    B) I may not be the strongest, or the most knowledgeable...but I want to help. I end up dying a lot. I am more of a meat shield than a tank. But I want to get better. I want to be stronger. I want to be more knowledgeable. Dreams is a perfect environment to learn from some of the best and really grow even more and to continue growing with exceptional guidance.
    C) Plus...a bit of a self confidence booster of: IF I CAN GET INTO DREAMS...WHAT CAN'T I DO?!

• Who have referred you? The person who referred you must post in your application as recommendation (you need at least 2 referals):
    A) Tairiku
    B) Trees
    + Probably could ask a few other members, but those were the ones I got permission from to throw around their names during this process.

• How long have you been playing?: Since 2008, there were periods of in-activeness from 2012-2015 (when I was in college)...

• What kind of skills/accomplishment do you have?: + Other stuff that to me is relevant to this bit of questioning?

In Mabi:
    - Got lost in the middle of the desert for the first month of me "seriously" playing because I didn't know how to use continent warp.
    - Took me 2 years to do G1-G2, and will openly admit this. Again, I was young, and a few other reasons...but yuuuuh. LOL.
    - I haven't done a Gen since G7...though I hope to fix that in the near future...hopefully?...maybe get Demi God?
    - Skill wise: I am old school combat. I just prefer melee over most of the other skill sets, and really this has hindered my potential...so I also hope to expand into other skills sets.
    - I die...a lot. I can be pretty squishy...BUT work wonderfully as a meat shield or a lure for agro...if I don't die before that is useful that is. (As the members that I ran Peaca Abyss with last night [10/24] can vouch for: I died a lot.)

In Real Life:
    - Graduated from a 4 year Bachelor's program in 3 years, majored in Communication, and minored in Digital Art and Design...oh and focused in Advertising. So there is that. (Still looking for a job...but I AM CONFIDENT I WILL FIND SOMETHING...hopefully...)
    - I own 5 cats. I am a cat person...though dog's definitely have a special place in my heart...same with a few other select species of animals.
    - Mabi is my third MMO I ever played, preceded by ToonTown (...I was like 10....okay?), and Vangaurd: Saga of Heroes (first serious MMO I played). Followed by a few other trial and error games...aka I did not stick with them because they just didn't work well for me, or I did not enjoy myself on them overall, but had a lot of fun trying them out.
    - I have been a part of three closed betas: Vindictus, The Secret World, and DC Universe Online
    - Probably forgetting like 5 gillion things I could say that I am not...LOL.

• Any other information you would like for us to know:
    - Always open for Skype or Voice Chatting.
    - I am a social, and odd creature...forgive me for any awkward or weird situations. ...or in boredom: Weird noise effects?
    - Sometimes I just like AFKing and binge watching some show...aka nerdy shows most likely...though can still be reached on Skype?
    - Other times I just binge on life skills until 5 in the morning because...I mean who doesn't love 4x+ of training exp? Aka in the past two to three weeks I have reached: Master (Talent) Adventurer, Carpenter, and Blacksmith, and currently working on Apothecary. After the lifeskills...I am most likely going to work on Puppets, or finish up Gunner.  
    - Real Life is always the priority...no matter what. If I can't get on for prolonged times for whatever reason I will inform someone...that way I just don't seem to poof into nowhere land.
    - Ask me anything and I shall provide you with an answer...can't promise it will be a good answer...it may just be a weird sound effect word...or something BUT it will be an answer...sort of?
    - Sort of a bad speller/ there will be typos? It happens. Hope I caught any that were in here...if not sorry!!!

Very Happy
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Runeryder's Application  Empty Re: Runeryder's Application

Post  Trees 25/10/15, 01:03 pm

Confirming recommendation:

I have known Rune for a few years now...about 3 or 4. She is always willing to help out with anything.

Now on to questions:

1. What are your short term Mabi goals?
  2. Long term?
  3. What was your last major mabi accomplishment?

lmao get rekt
Trees
Trees

Back to top Go down

Post  GHOSTLYBARD 25/10/15, 01:04 pm

What really will happen to you as you enter the twilight zone?
GHOSTLYBARD
GHOSTLYBARD

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 25/10/15, 01:46 pm

Trees wrote:

1. What are your short term Mabi goals?

1. Long term?

1. What was your last major mabi accomplishment?

lmao get rekt

1. To finish a lot of the uncompleted higher level skills I have currently, so to tie up some of the loose ends I have left myself with. This includes some of my Gunner skills, and Cleric Skills. Though super short term goal: to finish Apothecary. (Which I am also completed with...)
  2. Long term the goal would be to get a few more Master Talents, such as Puppet, Fighter, and Gunner. To work on and complete my gens. And overall become stronger, aka less squishy and more tanky.
  3. My last or latest Mabi accomplishment would be r1 Carpentry, and most of the skills in my Blacksmithing Talent being r1...metallurgy is very tedious~ Those would be my major accomplishments as far as skills go...as far other parts of Mabi life, probably a personal accomplishment is actually spending less time in Dun and Belvast and more time training skills and running things.

Also >:L Stop telling me to get rekt. Gawd.
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 25/10/15, 02:35 pm

GHOSTLYBARD wrote:What really will happen to you as you enter the twilight zone?

I am going to assume you are talking like The Twilight Zone TV show universe? (If not please correct me!!!) Where we see into other dimensions? I think if I personally was transported into the Twilight Zone, I would experience a sense of dysphoria, which based off of the dimension would be greater or lesser than others. Also as a non-native dimensional traveler, aka someone who travels through dimensions regularly...I think no matter what the experience, if I was aware of the it, would be a jarring one?

But as a side note of anthology TV shows, I am a bigger fan of Tales from the Crypt, than the Twilight Zones...Mainly because the best one is the black and white, original version, the other two revivals just were not the same....the black and white definitely worked in the shows favor. But yuh Tales from the Crypt had a special spot in my childhood....so yuh.
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  GHOSTLYBARD 25/10/15, 02:49 pm

I like Your answer I approve :3
GHOSTLYBARD
GHOSTLYBARD

Back to top Go down

Post  Keo 25/10/15, 09:43 pm

Hello rune and thank you for considering Dreams.

Onto some questions.

Dreams can be very inactive and independent which makes a lot of situations where people will train/run things solo or where you will only see several names online that may be just afk- especially during work/school seasons. If that was a reason you left your most recent guild what would make being in this guild with the same possibilities any different? Why would you want to be in a similar situation?

You do have a past where people mention drama- do you still have mood swings/react to things quickly? You mentioned this may have been the situation when you were younger and that might be due to age but what nowadays might be an example of something that would upset you? And how do you manage/deal with these types of situations and resolve any problems that arise for you?

You do have a history of going inactive/leaving for periods of time- do you believe this is a recurring situation because you may not have that much holding you to Mabi? You said you are a Fashionogian but hope to change that- what efforts are you making to proceed in these changes? What do you have to offer to the party you do runs with?

This is all for now - good luck ^^.
Keo
Keo

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 25/10/15, 11:38 pm

Hi Keo!

A) While it may be the same situation of inactivity and afking, there is a certain appeal of the overall the environment. I really hadn't considered myself Dreams material...I am definitely not the strongest applicant that Dreams has received, but once I had that inkling of the possibility of being in Dreams...it sort of put me on a drive to do better, and to work harder. For example, earlier today I finished up Apothecary Master Talent, a few days ago I finished up the Blacksmithing Talent, and a few before that Carpentry, and a few before that Adventurer....so while not everything is r1 yet, or Master titled, it is a work in progress. Most of which was driven by the potential to be a part of an environment such as Dreams. So I think if while it is a similar situation the environments are completely different?  My time at Hackshield, was intially part of a merger between Woah and Hackshield, and even when that first occurred, Hackshield was on the decline. As a past student myself, I completely understand the need for that inactivity and same with work, or any other in real life responsibility...but with that being said again it really comes down to the overall environment? Hackshield's focus during my time active within it, is different from what I understand Dreams focuses on. (Focus might not be the right word here...??? But I hope that makes sense...)

B) I will admit, currently, I do on the occasion have mood swings, but I consider myself to have a better grip on them now...a bit of a better understanding of my mind, and self...if you will. So yuh, I have my moments, but I try now, not to let that interfere with my online activities? So for example, if I am having a bad day, I will either just afk, or not even come online...though there have been times...where I needed some emotional support from some of my friends and close acquaintances where I decided to join online rather than be offline. So it really depends on what is causing the mood swing, and what sort of emotion is behind it? If that makes sense...

I think, besides really personal issues, the thing that has upset me the most, and by upset I mean due the array of emotions that have come with process, is job hunting. For me, in recent years, I pushed myself in real life to do the best I could, and now I am finding that, my best really isn't good enough. So that upsets me on a different level than some of the past internet “drama” did. In the past, things would just get out of hand, and I was dealing with people and issues that were above my age bracket, or in some cases below my age bracket, and my maturity level at the time. Also, I was an emotional, hormonal teenage...so I am gunna put a bit of blame on that...but looking back on a lot of it....I regret some stuff, but in some cases where drama ensued...the actions that I took at the time, were my best options, for a person of my age, and life experiences.

How do I manage or deal....hmmm that is a good question...and one that I kind of don't have an answer for? I mean it really is a situational thing, depending on the events, or whatever is happening I am going to react differently...so it is hard to say I this or that, when there is not a set in stone way I will react, or have reacted in the past to things. Though most of the time...I find comfort in either friends, or I find a movie, book, or music to get absorbed into...

C) So my primary reason for being inactive, was I was living on campus at college, and made the executive decision not to bring my computer that I could play Mabi on...so it was only when I was at home on the occasional weekend, or during school breaks that I really got on. This was due to my want to focus primarily on school, and have limited distractions and interferences in my education? It was a decision I made after having Mabi, and among other things arise as a distraction for me during the middle and end of my high school career. So I chose to be inactive and focus on real life, and stick mabi on a back burner so to speak. It wasn't that I didn't have much hold me to Mabi, it was just I was entering another chapter of my life, and I wanted to stick that as my primary focus...with limited potential distractions from success.

My change from fashionogi is a more recent decision I made...aka I think some time last week I got to thinking of how much time and effort I was putting into things that really weren't helping me get anywhere in the game...besides some pretty looking pixels. So atm, I am selling off piece by piece some of my fashionogi items in order to put that funding towards getting some decent gear, and weapons to help me be able to run more things, and potentially train more things, and just overall do more, and maintain that. As it stands right now, I only have one decent weapon, I want to push to get a few different weapons, so depending on what I am running or doing, I have a weapon that would be appropriate to the situation.....because my Celtic Hammer with all its splash damage, and such is not appropriate for all situations. So yuh....expand in gear, and also skill training... for instance next on my list of things to do as far as combat skills is: Puppet, and then potentially Fighter...then maybe back to some life skilling...but I really just want to branch away from my standard melee “Let's smash or bash everything” tactics...because they just don't work...so that will be a slow process, but the overall training shouldn't take horribly long??? So its more just learning the strategy and methods behind doing certain things over other things.

What I offer...to be completely honest: not a whole lot at the moment. In most situations as of right now, I will be the first person to die. I will most likely be the person that dies the most. But...with a bit of time, and a bit of effort, I think I can turn that around...and hopefully offer a lot more. But as it stands I wouldn't be able to offer a whole lot...and that is the honest truthful answer...and I won't try to plush it up and say I can heal or thunder or something like that, because that would just give the wrong picture...of what I am currently capable of...which is pretty limited. So with a bit of time, training, and learning more strategy... I would say I could offer a lot more...as of right now though? Zilch. (Maybe if we really want to push it: Comedic relief...at the poor nubnugget that dies 10-ish times in Peaca Abyss but other than that...not much?)

So yuh hope that answers that all for you? Please feel free to ask for clarification or anything else.
And thank you for the good luck...I think it might be needed Very Happy?

Also, Ghostly, told me to write "Tacos, and be done with it."
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  GHOSTLYBARD 25/10/15, 11:46 pm

Runeryder wrote:

What? Why is this so tiny at the bottom? Why would you do this?
GHOSTLYBARD
GHOSTLYBARD

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 25/10/15, 11:50 pm

GHOSTLYBARD wrote:
Runeryder wrote:

What? Why is this so tiny at the bottom? Why would you do this?

You are right...should have made it like size 24 or something...??? You honestly just said, write this, no other instructions so its fine...the small typeface size works fiiiiine.
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlesnowie 26/10/15, 02:17 am

A sniper's greatest tool is precision... and good equipment.

Eh, scratch that, you probably won't get that reference, heheh.

Hi there, got a question for ya (Probably gonna make this my default question here):

Would you ever recommend Mabinogi to your child(ren) and, regardless of answer, why?

You should consider ranking Lullaby and maybe Party Healing, as well as bringing a mountain of Phoenix Feathers, it may not be much but that's still better than not being able to do anything! (Peaca Abyss wasn't really nice to you the other day)
Littlesnowie
Littlesnowie

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 26/10/15, 09:18 am

Hi Caitlyn,

Thank you for taking the time to write your application. I appreciate that you're showing a lot of interest in your app. You have been excellent with details.

Caitlyn just a few months I was in the same situation as you. I was returning to Mabinogi after being gone for 4 years and I was applying to Dreams. If you want you can look at my app here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lol.

Being away for a really long time has made me fall behind everything. I only had 2 master talents and my equipment were all outdated so I was ridiculously weak. Like you, I also felt I had not much to offer. Ofcourse I believe most members' opinions about me are different now. I've significantly improved over a short period of time because of a few secrets. I'd like to share them with you.

With my return, a few of my old Mabinogi friends have also decided to play again. I've been successful at getting them into shape in a short amount of time as well so I'm sure this method works. Most old players in Mabinogi were limited to Melee, Range, and Magic skillsets because other skillsets did not exist. Most people master melee. So seeing as you are in a similar situation where you are strong at melee I have some suggestions on what your next steps should be.

In terms of equipment, try to get Focused Rainbow Beam Swords. If you find the ones with enchants on them, that's even better. You should be able to find them between 2-4 mil. They may not be as "late game" as CRKs, but they pack almost the same amount of power for a lot lesser cost. They are good swords to improve your damage significantly at a reasonable cost. As for other equipment, no big rush but try to get light or heavy armor and look for enchants that improve max damage or strength. I often see good armor equipment being sold on the market for 1-3 mil so you may just buy everything if you've saved enough money.

In terms of skills, I know you want to stay away from bash but unfortunately it is actually the best skill melee can offer so I would really recommend that you get it. It is good because it seems to do the same damage as smash and it locks the enemy in one place so it gives you maximum damage per second. The weakness of bash is that if there are multiple targets, it becomes very difficult to pull off. To compensate for bash's weakness you have to learn Lullaby which disables all your targets for like almost a minute lol. When you have them disabled, you can then focus on bashing one target at a time.

It is recommended that you rank song to at least rank 5 so that you are able to use Lullaby without an instrument. Then to further increase your damage, learn Battle Overture.

To max all the skills I mentioned you would need the following:

Lullaby     152 AP
Bash        250 AP
Song        207 AP
Battle Overture    130 AP

So that's 739 AP in total. If you get about 150 AP a week, then you can achieve this in about a month. Don't shy away from this playstyle. Many still prefer this as the safest and strongest method even when they have mastered multiple skillsets. Lullaby + bash makes anyone a formidable soloist and a reliable team mate. It only takes a month to get, and it improves your character significantly. I hope this helps!

Last edited by Cyril0321 on 26/10/15, 09:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 26/10/15, 09:24 am

I got that reference, after a Google search? Does that count D:? But yuuuuh....I get Caitlyn LOL references thrown at me all the time and I am like "Uhhhhh.....am I supposed to get that???" I really should try LOL...but idk....so many options and so many places you could mess up a build of a Champ if you don't know what you are doing...so I'm just gunna leave it to the dedicated LOL players....xD;.

And hello!!! Ohhhh that is a good question. Well I shall answer in some generalities, and then narrow my answer down. In general, if I were to have kids (still undecided on that life option...) I definitely would want gaming to be a part of their lives. For me, gaming was introduced to me by my big brother, and has helped me connect to him, and others through online and offline games. So yes, definitely have games apart of their lives...because games in my mind a good way to meet people from various backgrounds, and life positions. Also personally, games have helped me out of some of the darkest times in my life so far...as for Mabi...hmmm. Mabi was introduced to me by a close in real life friend that I had at the time...needless to say our relationship did not last our duration of playing Mabi...but would I recommend Mabi to my children? I mean if Mabi is still kicking around when I have children old enough to play...it might be a fun time like "When I was your age..." kind of deal? But I see no reason why, with supervision, and an active part of their time online, for them not to be introduced to Mabi? But honestly...yeah...that is gunna be a ways down the road...and what generation would they even be on...omg...Generation 54: Dawning of Atlantis....they finally add swimming and a mermaid race. But yuh, I think if I did have kids, and they were at a certain age, I would open up gaming and/or Mabi for them??? Hope that answers that?

Yeaaaah....I have r1 party heal....just not currently a healing wand LOL? (will go buy one, after I post this...lol) But yuh the bard talent skills are on my list of many things to train :C...so much slacking in the past. AND YES. Peaca Abyss hated me the other day....it was just all like "Oh you just got revived? HAVE SOME MORE DEATH." or "Want some death with a side of more death?" But it def was fun...that what matters....sort of?
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 26/10/15, 09:58 am

Hi Cyril~

No problem, I saw in a lot of the previous application those were some common concerns, so I figured the more detail, the less work others have to do with asking and such??

To be completely honest, I wasn't away the whole time, there just were long stretches of inactivity, and then a spike of activities during available times...but most of those spikes were spent socializing, and checking in with my close friends and seeing how they were doing. Surprised...I already saw your application...I sort of browsed and skimmed through the applications, just to get a sense of things that people might ask or concerns about my abilities and such Surprised....

Also, so far it has been fairly easy to catch up, its just a matter of training skills that actually add to my ability to help out in runs, and eventually be able to solo. For example, the life skills that I have trained so far to master talent status, are fairly easy things to do...so I have left myself with the more challenging components to do: the useful battle skills.

I have some Gunslinger skills trained up, but that is again a side venture that I did during on of my Christmas breaks from school...though they are definitely not done yet, and they still have a bit of work to do...I would like to get into puppets, and fighter...and potentially music.

Yuh, beam swords are pretty decent, and do the job alright...so I might get those as place holders until I can hunt down all the mats for 2 CRK's...but I definitely prefer the idea of consistent high damage, and strength increasers. As for armor, I am not to sure where I want to go with it yet...still need to do a bit of research and such...but I might just settle for Royal Knight until I figure something better. Gold costs really aren't an issue at the moment, but could eventually be something I need to be concerned about depending on the cost of training repairs, and such.

I love bash. I am not saying its a bad skill, or a skill I won't use ever again, its just I really want to branch away from my traditional melee mindset, and learn how to use puppets, and fighter, and really just be able to do whatever is needed in the situation, rather than only have one thing to offer. As stated in my reply to Snowie's question/repsonse section: Bard is on my list of things to train, but it at the moment is not a priority? I guess my question to you is: Do you think it should be my priority and why? Compared to other skills I have yet to train, why would Lullaby be something I want to do right away?

Thank you for the break down of the skills, and AP Surprised....again at the moment, AP really is not an issue...I have a little under 2k unused AP from my slacker and inactive days. I wouldn't say I am shying away from the play style...I just want to expand my abilities? I have never really been one for the “safest and strongest methods”, sometimes I prefer the unconventional, and the unexpected...or in other words “the dumb way to do things” it is just how I work sometimes? Also I figure within a month, there is a loooot of stuff I could do...I mean my track record so far since coming back: 5 master talents. And I have only really been at that for a month and a half at most??? Mind you yest, most of those talents are life skills, but still, I personally think that is a lot accomplished? And is a good sign for the potentially exponential growth I could achieve given a month or two.

But really, thank you bunches for your advice, and if I may decide to go that route rather than just binging on puppets or gunner until I finish them...xD; Or maybe it can be something I do as a break from the grinding...that is just something I would need to think about?
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Meliae 26/10/15, 11:07 am

You say you don't much to offer if you join. What are you doing exactly to fix that? Do you attempt to solo to work on your skills? I feel like you want to join Dreams to become a better player. If you were to join how do you think you would improve and what difference would it make being in the guild?
Meliae
Meliae

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 26/10/15, 12:46 pm

Meliae wrote:.

The exact things I am doing include: independent skill training, solo runs for training and exp, and also assisted training and material gathering and training. I would say I am fairly successful so far independently training skills, though I have been mainly focusing on life skills in the recent days and weeks, so when I switch to more combat oriented skills I might have a bit more of a challenge, rather than just tedious grinding for life skills? There is a lot I still have to figure out, and methods to look into for training the combat oriented skills that are next on my list of things to do.

" I feel like you want to join Dreams to become a better player." That is definitely an accurate statement. I think as far as improvements, I would like to think that the end result would be: run more solo runs, finish my gens, get some more higher ranked skills, and be able to actually assist in challenging runs...and not just sort of flail around dying left and right? As for what difference it would make...hmmm...that is a really good question Surprised! Hmmmm. I think the difference would be like a window to a candy store (or really any type of store)....while being outside you can look into it, and see what is going on, but you really are only so close to the candy. But if you are in the store...you can see the candy up close, you can know what different types are available, be able to read the labels, see the prices, etc. So being in or out of a guild is like that to me: do I just want that outside view with little details? Not really, I would rather get the full experience of being in the "store"/ guild. So yuh...hope that makes sense and answers what you were asking Surprised!
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 26/10/15, 02:23 pm

Caitlyn,

I would recommend that you refine your melee skills first before expanding to other skillsets. There's no doubt that other skillsets are good too but it's best to be extremely good at one thing first than spending AP on multiple things but not being good at any of them.

So yes I would recommend that you focus on bash and lullaby first given that these would compliment your existing skills. This will make you a consistent and reliable player. Once you're stable, then you should be able to experiment with other skillsets without any risk.

After you have Bash and Lullaby, since those are good for killing single targets, I would recommend that the next skillset you focus on should be good for killing multiple targets. Your options for that are magic or puppetry. They are both strong options. Magic needs more AP but it is generally safer than puppetry because it is more flexible and longer ranged. Once you have skillsets that can contribute to single and multi targets, the rest of the other skillsets can be learned for fun!

Archery and Gunner skillsets are average for both single-target and multi-target. Gunner has more DPS but archery has the longest range. Figher skills are the good for single-target. Battle alchemy seems not really good at anything right now I believe lol but hydra, shock, and rain are really good support skills. Hopefully that helps you make your decision.

---

Caitlyn, here's a question for you. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to jail for life? if possible, explain why =P

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 26/10/15, 04:12 pm

Cyril0321 wrote:
Caitlyn, here's a question for you. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to jail for life? if possible, explain why =P

That is a very valid point, but I don't think it will take very long for me to finish up Bash, and to focus on some more attention to training Lullaby, so I guess those would be bumped up on my to do list.With that being said though, those are relatively short term goals, I definitely want to have plans of working on puppetry...I have tried mage in the past, and it isn't quite something I want to tackle just yet...but definitely an eventuality. So I guess my priorities would be the skills under the Music/Bard talents, that you listed before: Song, Battle Overture, and Lullaby, meanwhile also looking to finish up Bash.

So thank you for bringing up that stability point...its something that I was sort of over looking...so yuh I think your recommendations have a lot of value. So yuh Surprised...thank you for that!

As for your question...wow...that is slightly intense...

I would like to think that I wouldn't lie? I mean...if the possible sentence for their crime is at least one life sentence...they committed a very heinous crime? (At least in the US, and most modern developed countries, life sentences are held for the highest crimes...) So with that being said...the evidence will speak louder than I do? If they are innocent, the evidence, unless in the case of a framing would speak on their behalf...whether they are guilty or not. I am a strong believer of "if you did the crime, you do the time"...but yuh that is kind of a hard thing to answer because it is slightly a situational thing? But yeah...I don't think I would lie...justice is something I think victims of criminals and crimes deserve. Even if it was my best friend...I don't think I could put the victim's family through that...no matter the crime...but yuh with the specific wording of "life sentence" there are very few crimes, (in the current time) that call for that type of punishment...and most of them would make me not want to be friends with that person anymore? So yuh...hope that answers that well?
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 26/10/15, 05:24 pm

Littlesnowie wrote:A sniper's greatest tool is precision... and good equipment.

Eh, scratch that, you probably won't get that reference, heheh.

Hi there, got a question for ya (Probably gonna make this my default question here):

Would you ever recommend Mabinogi to your child(ren) and, regardless of answer, why?

You should consider ranking Lullaby and maybe Party Healing, as well as bringing a mountain of Phoenix Feathers, it may not be much but that's still better than not being able to do anything! (Peaca Abyss wasn't really nice to you the other day)

Don't worry, Snowie. I got that reference.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxxaz 26/10/15, 05:27 pm

Hi. Welcome to the Dreams application process.

You mentioned you like to play Fashionogi.

1). What are your favorite colours? Why? Is there a specific reason why you like those colors? Does it reflect your personality? Explain.

2). Despite your lack of total levels, on an objective scale from 1-10, how confident are you in your abilities to keep up in runs? And by runs, I mean difficult dungeons/shadow missions/etc?

3). What is your favorite outfit? Your favorite style? Do you keep it OG by wearing classic outfits? Or do you spend a lot of gold on new Gacha outfits every time one comes out? Is there a reason why you like to create outfits? Explain.

Good luck.
Roxxaz
Roxxaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyril0321 26/10/15, 05:32 pm

Runeryder wrote:
Cyril0321 wrote:

I would like to think that I wouldn't lie? I mean...if the possible sentence for their crime is at least one life sentence...they committed a very heinous crime? (At least in the US, and most modern developed countries, life sentences are held for the highest crimes...) So with that being said...the evidence will speak louder than I do? If they are innocent, the evidence, unless in the case of a framing would speak on their behalf...whether they are guilty or not. I am a strong believer of "if you did the crime, you do the time"...but yuh that is kind of a hard thing to answer because it is slightly a situational thing? But yeah...I don't think I would lie...justice is something I think victims of criminals and crimes deserve. Even if it was my best friend...I don't think I could put the victim's family through that...no matter the crime...but yuh with the specific wording of "life sentence" there are very few crimes, (in the current time) that call for that type of punishment...and most of them would make me not want to be friends with that person anymore? So yuh...hope that answers that well?

lol yes that question was a bit intense. Sorry about that Caitlyn. Thank you for answering it though.

It's a respectable choice to side with authority and to believe that "justice has to be done" even if it means your friend would be severely punished. I tend to let logic explain most situations as well. People would think I'm very logical. But knowing myself, I find that I actually make choices that are not logical when it comes to people who are very important to me. Soo to be honest I could actually see myself lying to a a court for a close friend if that person is important enough to me haha.

Cyril0321

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 26/10/15, 05:40 pm

Cyril0321 wrote:
Runeryder wrote:
Cyril0321 wrote:

lol yes that question was a bit intense. Sorry about that Caitlyn. Thank you for answering it though.

It's a respectable choice to side with authority and to believe that "justice has to be done" even if it means your friend would be severely punished. I tend to let logic explain most situations as well. People would think I'm very logical. But knowing myself, I find that I actually make choices that are not logical when it comes to people who are very important to me. Soo to be honest I could actually see myself lying to a a court for a close friend if that person is important enough to me haha.

It's fine...I knew some of the questions I would be asked were going to be tough. It actually is a really good question to get a sense of the persons justice and ethical choices, along with if they are overly emotional and rash in their actions Surprised.

Hmm...I mean we have authorities for a reason, and we have laws and legality of things for a purpose...whether if those make sense or not well that is a different story. In this case I think...if you had asked for a family member or someone on that status for me, my answer might have been different? But since it is just a friend, I would definitely have to go more logical and order/justice route...if it was family....well that is a completely different ball park. I think if anyone is important enough in your life, you pretty much would do anything for them. (at least that is how it for me...I would totally give a kidney if a family member needed it?)
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 26/10/15, 06:07 pm

Roxxaz wrote: Good luck.

Hihi~ and yuuuh....Fashionogi...is a thing I do though as mentioned in my initial post, trying to step away from it a bit Surprised... or attempting to...

1.Well...I have been every color scheme besides a select handful: mostly the strobe flashies, the baby pink to white, and the baby blue to white old school RB flashies....at one point I had a matching Coy to Kurobon...totally have a screenie of that somewhere...LOL. But my go to colors would be: black, gray, white, with some color. I find myself leaning more towards grays than black and whites....and then adding a bright splash of color to lighten things up. As someone with an artsy background...I think colors...and I like changing and trying new things...but at this point in my life I have sort of settled into this hunger for neutrals with color splashes. Like...even my room in real life is: gray walls, neutral bed spread, and then like splashes of lime green everywhere. So it reflects my personality in the sense that I am moving away from the indecisive color changing mess to the more precise decided colors.

So short answer: grays, with a splash of color and maybe a tiny bit of white or black with it. I dig the visual vibe it gives. I definitely does. Maturity and stability with a bit of fun craziness.

2. Oh man yeah....uh to be a bit extreme I would say on the lower end? Not below 3...but I think it depends on what we are running, and potentially how many others are running with? But yuh I would say on a range between 4-6 to keep it real. But I hope to change that to closer to the 7-ish range soon with some adjustments to skill training, and overall just time and effort being put into making myself a better player....

3. Favorite outfit....ohman. That is a hard one...but I would have to say at the moment it is this Premium Wear that I got in a trade....I don't know where it came from, apparently some gacha event thing that happened while I was on hiatus...but its my current fav...but as sort of go to items: Vampire Hunter Outfit, and Battleborn Outfits are pretty nifty. I stated in my color answer about a Coy I had...that is one of my oldest “fashion” items...I received it as gift from an old friend soon after they added the Giant Alligator...so yuh that is still with me... Hmmm...fav style: PANTS. I love outfits for females that have pants? I mean...back in the day I was upset that females couldn't wear the Selina Sexy Bare look. I sometimes keep it OG...but not often...its just they update the texture for new items...yet not on the old ones so it leaves some details to be desired on older items...and smoothing in certain areas....so yuh newer items tend to be where I lean towards. In the past I have spent a lot on Gacha items when they come out...but the most recent gacha item that I purchased that I spent a bit too much on was the Brill Horned Wig...because yeah...I don't know I liked it? I think for me one of the reasons I got into fashionogi back in the day was it was one of the few things I could do by myself or mostly alone? That is part of it, and another part is that I didn't have a whole lot of time to actually “play” aka level and really commit to doing things...so fashion was a quick thing that I could do and spend minimal time on with some to a lot of reward. Also: fashion in real life is a sort of niche hobby of mine...also I have ties through extended family to the fashion industry...so bit of a side tangent for possible reasons~

Hope that answers everything and if you need any clarification go for it Surprised....
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kostacious 26/10/15, 10:19 pm

Oi, i remember you. You're always really chill and easy to hang around with. I would love to run some stuff with you sometimes when I have time.~

For a question:

We were in Woah together if i recall. On occasion, members within a guild may have spats and disagreements with each other or with authority. How would you handle this kind of situation with other members? How would you handle the situation if it did not involve yourself specifically as well?

What is your favorite vegetable?

Dogs or cats?
Kostacious
Kostacious

Back to top Go down

Post  Runeryder 27/10/15, 09:43 am

Kostacious wrote:Oi, i remember you. You're always really chill and easy to hang around with. I would love to run some stuff with you sometimes when I have time.~

For a question:

We were in Woah together if i recall. On occasion, members within a guild may have spats and disagreements with each other or with authority. How would you handle this kind of situation with other members? How would you handle the situation if it did not involve yourself specifically as well?

What is your favorite vegetable?

Dogs or cats?

Kosty! I am glad you remember me Very Happy! And hell yeah~ just let me know when you have / want to run stuff and lets do it~

As for your questions:

A) In my opinion, spats and disagreements will happen no matter what...even in some of the most successful marriages they fight regularly...so I think spats and such aren't that big of a deal...its just how everyone within and around the spat/disagreement handles it? What I mean by that is: If person A and person B are fighting, and then they settle it between them...but person C is still upset about the spat and causes a new spat with person A, and the issue morphs into a whole new monster. In the case of me not being involved: I would try not to be person C, and get involved in other peoples issues? And I say try, because I would rather not set myself in stone for saying "I won't" or "I wouldn't", I don't know what I would do in a specific situation until I am in that situation??? (Hope that makes sense???) Also if I was just an observer and not being brought into the issue...then I would probably try to pacify the situation??? (Not to positive this is what I would do tbh...) Or just sit back and eat popcorn as the spat/disagreement escalates...if it even escalates. (This would most likely be what I do...) If the situation is that I am involved....well I can't promise or say anything because I don't know what the spat/disagreement is over...if it is something personal and close to my heart I might get a little unwound, but if it is a general disagreement I might just agree to disagree? It just depends I guess. (Also, yes we were in Woah together...I think...or at least pretty sure we were introduced by members of Woah...)

B) I would say mushrooms...but those are technically a fungus...so yuuh. Uhhh vegetables though....hmmmm. There are so many good options D:! But I guess that one I eat the most often, and cook most often, besides Garlic and Onions, would be Corn. Grilled corn on the cob or even like butter dipped corn = the best...minus the lil' bits that get stuck in your teeth...but still yummy. (Also there are a lot of least favorites...so let's not go there...)

C) Well I own 5 cats currently, love every single one of them...in the past we have had dogs...and they hold a special place in my heart, but dogs need so much more of your time...where as cats are like: "Slaves, feed us!" or "Let your master out of the door" Where as dogs are like: "Is it play time yet!?!" "Welcome home, let me just knock you over and give you hugs and kisses" ...so yuuuh I love both...but cats at this point in my life are my preferred furry family. Also cats live longer lives...where as with dogs they have shorter lives...and it is just super upsetting to have lose an animal...I would just rather have spent more time with them before they go ;;... so yuh cats....
Runeryder
Runeryder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next